The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If the possibility of us winning the league at some point in the future is non-existent, then really what is the **** point?

It's been 40 years since we won it. Have you not enjoyed at least some moments within that 40 years ?

We will have a couple of new players on display and could give Newcastle a right walloping in 3 weeks time.

Let's not look to far ahead.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Someone mentioned the possibility of Kane discussing his regrets with him, and it's absolute conjecture, but it's certainly got the ring of truth, hasn't it, and there are quite a few similarities between their career paths

Highly probable bud.

Didn't take long for Delph to leave after getting called up for England.

I see a pattern here. And to the same exact club as well!

People comparing our situation to the Bucks in the NBA as well is pretty far off the mark. The American sports system is well set up to keep it fresh, old teams who were awful have a chance to be good again in 5-10 years time, likewise strong teams can drop off.

Jack had two paths, take Villa as far as he can and be a major reason why in 5-10 years we might be a top top team (Most of our success would likely come after him though) or try and win whatever he can now, CL, Ballon D'or etc but clearly have to be away from Villa.

I'm not sure you'll find any footballers who fit in the first one of those paths anymore, I think them days are long gone. As I said before, he will go on to win things, it's impossible not to at City and truth is it makes no difference if Jack is there or not. I'm still convinced that when all is said and done, nothing can top the feeling he had when winning the play off final with Villa, no matter how small it is when you do it for your own it's just different. 

When this is done and dusted we will become the New Aston Villa 2021 no more reliance on one man,a brand new era,  new players,a new approach to games.

Jack grealish will be gone but our Villa will not, we're on a journey let's enjoy it and embrace it.

UTV

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shall we all just support a top 6 club then? 

Supporting your local team used to mean something once. 

All these fake fans can just do one! Let them go support a "Top 6 club".

I grew up Villa, they won the European cup the year before I was born, the league the year before that. My Dad had to give up his tickets to the Super Cup Final in '83 because I was being born...

I've seen two League Cups and an Intertoto Cup. Not a lot, still here Villa Til I Die.

Went to Uni in Manchester. Still VTID.

Lived in London for 5 years. Still VTID

Moved to the US 10 years ago. Still VTID.

Paid to watch them on really awful feeds in the US while playing in the Championship. Still VTID.

The ride is what I am here for.

Perhaps when they were chanting "Villa Til I Die" they meant "Villa Til We Sell Jack".

They don't deserve to be Villa fans!

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ve won it once in the last 100 years mates. It’s hardly something that’s always been in our grasp. 

We’ve all had a paddy at the ESL this year because it removes the possibility of promotion and progression. This is exactly the same without a formal structure.

Why are you not more angry? 

This has hit me harder than Yorke tbh. Way harder.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shall we all just support a top 6 club then? 

Supporting your local team used to mean something once. 

It still does.....Chelsea, Man City and the likes Man U too....just pick off every clubs best players....We used to do it in the 30's

But Teams like Leicester and Villa & Ipswich,( 80's) build teams by shrewd and careful construction......It can be done, but it is harder as time goes on.

The better the team the more likely you keep your players, but some top players like Vardy still stick it out.

Our recruitment and academy, is our best chance to break the mould, we just have to stick with it.

my suspicion with Jack is all about timing had he broken through now at 21 and not had to carry us for 3 seasons, he might have given it a shot, but the burden of doing that and the huge offer, has robbed us of our best player.

Its consequential, it happened with Gerry Hitchens, so its nothing new.....In a few months time it will be just a passing memory.

Just now, HKP90 said:

We’ve all had a paddy at the ESL this year because it removes the possibility of promotion and progression. This is exactly the same without a formal structure.

Why are you not more angry? 

This has hit me harder than Yorke tbh. Way harder.

I’m not angry because what’s the point. There’s nothing we can do. I’m upset because I enjoy watching him play but the club will always be bigger than one player and we need to stop being Grealish FC and get behind the players that play for our club - Aston Villa FC.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If the possibility of us winning the league at some point in the future is non-existent, then really what is the **** point?

honest...i support villa and watch every game but other than that im so disinterested with football now that yeah i kind ask that myself

as im just sat here thinking about it and if we can win the league what we would need to do, i know that we finished 11th last season, i kind of know who finished above us but i don't know the order of them, i dont know who finished 10th, i of course know the top 4 because its the same every **** year, i dont know who finished 12th in the place below us, i have no interest in the PL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I grew up Villa, they wont the European cup the year before I was born, the league the year before that.

I've seen two League Cups and an Intertoto Cup. Not a lot, still here Villa Til I Die.

Paid to watch them on really awful feeds in the US while playing in the Championship. Still VTID.

Perhaps when they were chanting "Villa Til I Die" they meant "Villa Til We Sell Jack".

Spot on. Out of likes. 

3 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

I grew up Villa, they won the European cup the year before I was born, the league the year before that. My Dad had to give up his tickets to the Super Cup Final in '83 because I was being born...

Wow - very similar life to me. Born in Stourbridge, grew up Villa, 4 years in Manc land, 6 in London then moved to the US.

:thumb:

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not angry because what’s the point. There’s nothing we can do. I’m upset because I enjoy watching him play but the club will always be bigger than one player and we need to stop being Grealish FC and get behind the players that play for our club - Aston Villa FC.

I will and I do, but if we know with certainty the outcome before we start playing, then there really is no consequence to endeavour. 

Â