The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we ever catch them up to be honest but it doesn’t mean our owners lack ambition. If you think it does then you’re never going to be happy. 

If the possibility of us winning the league at some point in the future is non-existent, then really what is the **** point?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone else reckon he may well fail the medical? Hasn't looked fully at it since his injury,  despite still putting in better performances than the rest of the dross Southgate decided to play ahead of him.

Surely it's this kind of underlying injury that needs to be managed forever, that makes a team think twice about breaking their transfer record to sign him. 

I do wonder this myself.  but I just can’t see it being bad enough that the deal falls through.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Quick poll - if he did a last minute U-turn, would you be:

A) Fecked off

B - Disappointed we can't spend £100 mill on new players

C) Welcoming him back with open arms but no doubt suspicious the disingenuous git would do it all again in a heartbeat

Yes

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

A) Fecked off

C) Welcoming him back with open arms but no doubt suspicious the disingenuous git would do it all again in a heartbeat

C. He hasn't said anything publicly about leaving and if he announced that he's staying then that'd be just fine. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

A) Fecked off

Or D) Wake up in a pool of your own drool realising it was just a dream

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, villalad21 said:

Guy wants CL football.

That is the bottom line.

Not just that. He wants to play alongside the best players in the world. He wants to win trophy’s. He wants more money. I could go on. He’d be crazy not to go. **** him now. Let’s move on.

Just now, av1 said:

Bit of plane news. I hear NSWE are on board with a TAURUS KEPD 350 air to surface missile. They have passed Manchester to escape the blast zone 

It’s Manchester we wouldn’t know the difference before to after the blast

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone else reckon he may well fail the medical? Hasn't looked fully at it since his injury,  despite still putting in better performances than the rest of the dross Southgate decided to play ahead of him.

Surely it's this kind of underlying injury that needs to be managed forever, that makes a team think twice about breaking their transfer record to sign him. 

If he has an ongoing condition I hope it isn't picked up in the medical. 100m for a player who can only manage about 20 games a year makes the pill easier to swallow. 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned but could this be a dig at Jack from SJM..

"The team spirit is amazing," he adds. "We had our aims secretly to get into Europe (last season). We're not far away. We're a team in progress. Hopefully we can add a couple more pals & top-class players over the next couple of weeks to help what could be a European push." #AVFC

Nah, him and Jack are proper tight. Unless they've had a fall out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we ever catch them up to be honest but it doesn’t mean our owners lack ambition. If you think it does then you’re never going to be happy. 

It does seem like the club won't stand in players way if the want a move though.

It does sound to me like we're more of a development arena rather than a club aiming to win trophies. Similar to the Brentford model, just on a bigger scale.

If we're selling a player every time they enter the realm of world class it's gonna be hard to get to that next level.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Guy wants CL football.

That is the bottom line.

Fair enough but why not wait a season or two to see if he can get it at Villa? If he keps performing, which he'll have to do to play at City anyway, he would easily get a move in couple of years time to a CL team and he'd still be only 27

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You're in denial bud.

I was still pretty confident yesterday but today's news pretty much confirms the worse.

We accept it and move on.

He has been sure for some time imo, that he wants to play with better players,wouldn't surprise me if the other players of ours are not broken hearted....it wouldn't surprise me to see an uplift, in our lot, not trying to be bitter, but some might be fed up with it.

The difficulty has been letting us down lightly.....He wants to bow out a hero, I'm not sure that will be universally so.

I don't think his immediate family wanted him to go.....its all down to him.

but I do feel the team with be better eventually, may not be immediately, players have to bed in.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

If the possibility of us winning the league at some point in the future is non-existent, then really what is the **** point?

Shall we all just support a top 6 club then? 

Supporting your local team used to mean something once. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I believe the point is to monetise your emotions in such a way that continues the flow of wealth from the working classes to a small number of morally-bankrupt wealth-hoarders.

Â