The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Anyone else reckon he may well fail the medical? Hasn't looked fully at it since his injury,  despite still putting in better performances than the rest of the dross Southgate decided to play ahead of him.

Surely it's this kind of underlying injury that needs to be managed forever, that makes a team think twice about breaking their transfer record to sign him. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because we are not going to catch up with a team that has spent a billion in 5 years over night.  They are the best and richest team in the world. It doesn’t mean our owners lack ambition if we can’t currently compete with them.

We caught up with Everton easily 

Because we are not going to catch up with a team that has spent a billion in 5 years over night.  They are the best and richest team in the world. It doesn’t mean our owners lack ambition if we can’t currently compete with them.

You think we catch up to them by selling them our best players? 

Grealish needs to try his best to protect his image with Villa fans. So being professional is the least he can do. 

His whole persona that this was his club was just a facade. When it came to it he left when an offer came in for him. 

For me if he just never said all this my club etc.. as if he'd never leave and then had gone like he has then I'd not have a single problem with this. 100m is a ridiculous sum of money and we're in an outstanding position now with that added to the club's finances.

It's the manipulation of fans emotions he's done for so long, building a level of club attachment to him as a person which will rangle for me personally and for many fans. He leaves but without any blessings, he has made a decision to put his finite career as No1 importance. Which is what all footballers should do.

But why say my club, my city, less than a year ago? Pretending you are different to others when you're not. That's the only thing I'll hold against him over this. I'd never boo him and it's only a minor gripe overall. But when it comes to it, Mellberg, Taylor and God are Villans a level above Grealish and always will be. David Platt is exactly what this feels like. 

Personally I would have moved to City like he has. It's the right move, I just would never have pretended to villa fans it would never happen and I'd be a Villa player forever. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You're in denial bud.

I was still pretty confident yesterday but today's news pretty much confirms the worse.

We accept it and move on.

I'm 36 and it ain't easy. I can't even imagine the devastation for 8, 9, 10 year olds.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You mean his shin will explode in their first training session? Excellent 🤣

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree mate

Excellent. Wait, do we agree on the transfer or the sectioning? :D 

**** I hate this shit so much. Maybe they should have buggered off to the ESL!

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You could make an awful lot of money if you put your money where your insanity is :D 

Oh it's insanity alright.

Especially as it's a case of history repeating itself, somewhat. I've no problems with him playing for England, FWIW.

rgrggrgr.JPG

Edited by ccfcman

Probably take 20 years to catch up at the current rate. If we ever get too uncomfortably close, they'll just take our best player again.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Anyone else reckon he may well fail the medical? Hasn't looked fully at it since his injury,  despite still putting in better performances than the rest of the dross Southgate decided to play ahead of him.

Surely it's this kind of underlying injury that needs to be managed forever, that makes a team think twice about breaking their transfer record to sign him. 

I'd thought about this and it's far from impossible. At this point, I'd be pretty gutted if he stays like that, though. 

• Like 1

Quick poll - if he did a last minute U-turn, would you be:

A) Fecked off

B - Disappointed we can't spend £100 mill on new players

C) Welcoming him back with open arms but no doubt suspicious the disingenuous git would do it all again in a heartbeat

I just cant belive he'll leave us at this point in time. After everything this club has gone through after the MON days, and him being the center man of the revival to now starting a new season in 10 days with the most exciting Villa team in my 25 years supporting the club. If you know what we've been through and how much it means to the Villa family to be back in the top, ST waiting list and crowd back for first time since covid ect.

How can he leave that now, knowing how dissapointed everyone will be and how it can really dent our chances of progress? How can plastic trophies at City be more important the chance to create a uniqe legcy that'll last decades? If he goes its a shallow and coward decision for me and I dont wish him any success there  

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Once a stress fracture heals, it shouldn't show up in a medical. But given his past history, it could happen again in the future.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Thanks 1

Just now, trom_borg said:

I just cant belive he'll leave us at this point in time. After everything this club has gone through after the MON days, and him being the center man of the revival to now starting a new season in 10 days with the most exciting Villa team in my 25 years supporting the club. If you know what we've been through and how much it means to the Villa family to be back in the top, ST waiting list and crowd back for first time since covid ect.

How can he leave that now, knowing how dissapointed everyone will be and how it can really dent our chances of progress? How can plastic trophies at City be more important the chance to create a uniqe legcy that'll last decades? If he goes its a shallow and coward decision for me and I dont wish him any success there  

Guy wants CL football.

That is the bottom line.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They don't need to play him every week. I think that might be part of the attraction for Jack.

Just now, Jareth said:

A) Fecked off

C) Welcoming him back with open arms but no doubt suspicious the disingenuous git would do it all again in a heartbeat

If he genuinely changed his mind and wanted to stay, I'd be chuffed to bits, as long as he signed a contract with no clauses in it.

If he stays because the deal falls through due to a medical or other reasons, I'd be pretty gutted we're stuck with him here against his will, with glass shins and no money.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

A) Fecked off

D) Can’t be a U turn if he didn’t turn in the first place!

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

A) Fecked off

Mix of B, followed by C when I see him play again.

Bit of plane news. I hear NSWE are on board with a TAURUS KEPD 350 air to surface missile. They have passed Manchester to escape the blast zone 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

A) Fecked off

D - I have the Roy Williams basketball coach gif on ice.

Â