The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The most sold name for England's euro 2020 campaign. People that don't even support Villa getting his name printed on the back. 

Every woman wants to date him, everyone knows his name. He is becoming the next Beckham. A national treasure. Kids will ask who does Grealish play for?  

We simply can't roll over and let City have him for 100m . I'm shocked we haven't done what Saints did to us, what Spurs did to City and INSTANTLY reject. 

He is worth so much more than 100m. Principle, marketing, the project. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The reality is, Buendia isn’t signed if Grealish is to be sold, it just wouldn’t happen, as with links and bids to Bailey and ESR and JWP. The club simply doesn’t sell up 2 weeks before the season starts otherwise. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Thats where I am too

The reporting which is now sounding increasingly confident in itself is all saying offer and negotiation, nothing like activated or triggered 

Sky are saying they expect us to accept City’s bid. Nothing whatsoever about a release clause being activated. They’re saying it’s Jack’s decision whether to move to the Etihad or sign an improved deal.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I feel awful for him 🙄

I do

Stay with your boyhood club, become potentially villas best ever player, play with his best mate in football and a manager who's a Villa fan in a special mix here but with a very real possibility that he'll never win anything or even play European football

Or join city, win the lot, elevate himself to global stardom playing under one of the world's best managers 

You can spin it all you like, you can slate him and take digs at him, especially if yoy don't like how this plays out... But I think it's disingenuous to suggest that this is an easy decision for him or simply driven by money 

• Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

The reality is, Buendia isn’t signed if Grealish is to be sold

I think that is a 50/50 scenario. He may have been signed so early *because* they expected Jack to go.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The reality is, Buendia isn’t signed if Grealish is to be sold, it just wouldn’t happen, as with links and bids to Bailey and ESR and JWP. The club simply doesn’t sell up 2 weeks before the season starts otherwise. 

You think Villa without Grealish aren't an attractive enough proposition to attract talent from Norwich?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he had multiple public digs at us for having shit set piece takers, were you upset?

I'm now even starting to believe the people who claim that he indeed DID want to go to Tottenham, Man U, and now the obvious.

Tottenham move was ultimately blocked, and they offered Peanuts.

Man U didn't want to pay the money.

Man City are now serious and a different level of attraction.

I genuinely think his " Love " and " Loyalty " is overrated.

If we offered him 500 k per week he might suddenly feel alot more loyal though, and we could roll out the 6 year old diving in the bushes like the Holte End story again. lol

As I've said, I won't be abusing him, but i've felt he is more interested in shiny lights and celebrity status than  loyalty " to us for quite a while.

The incessant blowing smoke up his arse and " can do no wrong " attitude from a section of our fans towards him, will have aided in the ego and billy big bollox notion of him being bigger than the club as well.

I would love to have this rammed down my throat and look an absolute tool.

As others have said, all this “my club, my city” is marketing fluff. I don’t believe anything that comes out of footballers mouths. The majority are in it for themselves.

Also what’s with all these #red devils and United tweets we have seen surface. Secret United fan?

Edited by jim

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Imagine if Jack pushes to go, we accept, he turns up at Citeh and then fails the medical.

You don't fail medicals any more. They are advisory.

A doctor would have the ass litigated off him if he advised city not to buy Grealish.

I do

Stay with your boyhood club, become potentially villas best ever player, play with his best mate in football and a manager who's a Villa fan in a special mix here but with a very real possibility that he'll never win anything or even play European football

Or join city, win the lot, elevate himself to global stardom playing under one of the world's best managers 

You can spin it all you like, you can slate him and take digs at him, especially if yoy don't like how this plays out... But I think it's disingenuous to suggest that this is an easy decision for him or simply driven by money 

£10m a year at Villa or £15-20m a year at City.

Agonising choice.

If you look outside the box you will se that.

If Jack stays we get to keep a great player

If Jack goes we get 100m

Apart from all this.I cant blame Jack if he goes,he has waited long enough to play european football and he is not getting younger every day,so I wouldent begrudge him european football.On the other side of the coin,last season when Jack was out if DS had of played for a draw maybe we would have got enough points to be playing Europer lge football this season.Then Jack would have definately stayed IMHO

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

one of the great budget managers of our time, playing Football Manager on cheat mode and he still hasnt won the Champions League. I would expect Big Sam to win a few league titles with that budget

• Like 1

I do

Agree with this, but knowing it's a tough decision won't make me any less disappointed in him if he makes the wrong choice

• Like 1

City will win trophies with or without Jack. It's not like he's going to be the reason that they win the PL or CL or whatever. You're joining an outrageously expensive team pre-assembled to win. None of that is going to mean as much as winning a trophy with your boyhood club as captain and fan favourite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

You don't fail medicals any more. They are advisory.

A doctor would have the ass litigated off him if he advised city not to buy Grealish.

Of course they're advisory, clubs have been known to buy injured players. Players do still "fail" them if their fitness isn't what the buying club expected they were buying, though. I remember Falcoa's move falling through a few years ago because of his medical.

• Like 1

Â