The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You think Villa without Grealish aren't an attractive enough proposition to attract talent from Norwich?

The reality is that Villa don’t break their transfer record or identify targets without reassurances to Jack also that it’s about improving the overall squad. 

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

If he does go I do hope it's via a release clause/transfer request or something that makes him rather than NSWE look bad. We need to be united and no player is bigger than the team.

Definitely. We have a club to support because of NSWE. They are the true heroes here. I trust them 100%. We had plenty of players before Grealish and there will be plenty after.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree

The question is do those players come to a Villa without grealish? 

I think amongst the football industry, Project Villa is a well known plan, we are on the up and prospective new recruits know that, look how Albions academy have flocked to us and they was one of the best in the country.

....Jack is undoutedly a great player, but he is one and we seen of late 2/3 players negating his talent......we need balance as a team.

I think this situation, could be a defining moment for us, just right now, its hard to comprehend that.....my age helps me see that, because I have seen it before.....maybe players not quite as good as him, but similar circumstances.

It really isn't all doom and gloom....it might be emotional disruption, but not doom and gloom.

Jack alone cannot make up the effect of 3/4 really good players added to our team....he is just one player and one player can be nullified as we have seen i.e west Ham etc....Jack has missed huge sections of a season, to injury, Man City are far better advanced to wear that problem than us.

Jack has fabulous flamboyancy that any team will miss, but we may be able to be a more complete side with the money his sale will generate....

I liken it to a pop star making the big time.....he has to move out of his humble family, and they will miss him badly, but the money he can generate, goes back to raising his family out of poverty and many folk are made happy, not just him.

Every cloud has a silver lining and I really believe that.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

Sickening. Yet he's lauded as a genius who develops players haha! Give me a break. He's had probably the 3 easiest jobs in world football on his CV. The man's a cretin.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

City will win trophies with or without Jack. It's not like he's going to be the reason that they win the PL or CL or whatever. You're joining an outrageously expensive team pre-assembled to win. None of that is going to mean as much as winning a trophy with your boyhood club as captain and fan favourite.

In your opinion. We have no idea how Jack feels. 

So much for his "my club" statement made when he signed a new contract 10 months ago.

He really shouldn't have said that and now leave us up shit creek without a paddle with a week before the season starts.

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that. So he is either a liar or very thick?

I sense a tough few seasons ahead, probably a relegation battle. We can't adequately replace in this time frame, and we are going to be shafted financially with anyone we try and buy now. Worst case scenario all round. Next season it will be the same thing for probably Konsa, Martinez or Watkins..The hope of competing is gone as we have backed down. We are back to being cannon fodder yet again just like 2010. 

• Like 2

If he goes then there’s an opportunity for others to take his mantle. 
Let’s not forget that off the pitch Jack has been a bit of a prat on more than one occasion - maybe they feel the transfer fee justifies him going.

I don’t think he’ll have the same amount of freedom under Pep.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Dean Smith on tv smiling with fans.. doesn’t seem too upset that he’s losing his prized asset?

Hypothetical: If Pep quit and Man City came in for Deano, I wonder whether he’d go? 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I do

Stay with your boyhood club, become potentially villas best ever player, play with his best mate in football and a manager who's a Villa fan in a special mix here but with a very real possibility that he'll never win anything or even play European football

Or join city, win the lot, elevate himself to global stardom playing under one of the world's best managers 

You can spin it all you like, you can slate him and take digs at him, especially if yoy don't like how this plays out... But I think it's disingenuous to suggest that this is an easy decision for him or simply driven by money 

I agree hugely tough choice with all the pressure from most people to make that big move. I suspect his Croatia holiday hasn't been that enjoyable.

The "easy" decision would be to stay with Villa. His club, his city. Respect for that would be phenomenal and would drown out the obvious "he's bottled it" comments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I sense a tough few seasons ahead, probably a relegation battle. We can't adequately replace in this time frame, and we are going to be shafted financially with anyone we try and buy now. Worst case scenario all round. Next season it will be the same thing for probably Konsa, Martinez or Watkins..The hope of competing is gone as we have backed down. We are back to being cannon fodder yet again just like 2010. 

Even if we didn't buy anyone else, and I think that's very unlikely, a like for like swap from Grealish to Buendia isn't sending us into the bottom 3, put the razer blades away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

So much for his "my club" statement made when he signed a new contract 10 months ago.

He really shouldn't have said that and now leave us up shit creek without a paddle with a week before the season starts.

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that. So he is either a liar or very thick?

A tad dramatic, maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Sickening. Yet he's lauded as a genius who develops players haha! Give me a break. He's had probably the 3 easiest jobs in world football on his CV. The man's a cretin.

Not a cretin but vastly overrated. Tuchel got the better of him as have others when it really comes to the crunch.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

LMAO

12 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Villa expected to accept but also Villa aren’t commenting

The only shit **** out there who are expecting Villa to except the bid are the **** **** that make up our **** media. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Thanks for the well thought out reply.

What exactly have I said that's offended you quite so much? Please explain.

I'm not offended. I assumed it was a joke because of how dramatic this sentence is. If it's not tongue in cheek you're way off base

The hope of competing is gone as we have backed down. We are back to being cannon fodder yet again just like 2010

Â