The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The same way

Liverpool (they were just Top4 year before and sold Coutinho in January the following year and still managed to maintain Top 4)

Spurs (Bale)

Leicester (Mahrez, Kante)

Have managed to get back into the Top 4 or maintain their progression at some point after losing great players.

We're not top 4 though. If we were around there it's easier to stomach. We're probably around 14/15th without him as we are.

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

90% of fans on here acting as though he is already gone.

HE IS STILL A VILLA PLAYER GUYS, EVERYTHING IS MEDIA SPECULATION, NO CONTACT FROM CLUBS!!

I think most of us are just examining the possible landscape, if he does.

Just now, beachboys1 said:

nothing against him has a fella just overated one thing about smith he turned a right mess around which gaudiola has never had to do

Fraudiola could never manage Stoke and make them a solid mid table club. 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

90% of fans on here acting as though he is already gone.

HE IS STILL A VILLA PLAYER GUYS, EVERYTHING IS MEDIA SPECULATION, NO CONTACT FROM CLUBS!!

Who did Man City submit their bid to then? Amazon?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Football attracts the very worst of society and naturally we have our share.

Football is a chavs sport whereas golf is a gentleman's sport. (In general). It absolutely does bring out the worst in people and the worst of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he had multiple public digs at us for having shit set piece takers, were you upset?

I'm now even starting to believe the people who claim that he indeed DID want to go to Tottenham, Man U, and now the obvious.

Tottenham move was ultimately blocked, and they offered Peanuts.

Man U didn't want to pay the money.

Man City are now serious and a different level of attraction.

I genuinely think his " Love " and " Loyalty " is overrated.

If we offered him 500 k per week he might suddenly feel alot more loyal though, and we could roll out the 6 year old diving in the bushes like the Holte End story again. lol

As I've said, I won't be abusing him, but i've felt he is more interested in shiny lights and celebrity status than  loyalty " to us for quite a while.

The incessant blowing smoke up his arse and " can do no wrong " attitude from a section of our fans towards him, will have aided in the ego and billy big bollox notion of him being bigger than the club as well.

I would love to have this rammed down my throat and look an absolute tool.

No need to believe I’m telling you it’s true. He was geared up to go had a verbal agreement in place just they wouldn’t meet our valuation. City have trumped them this year, I clarified when they met it was pre November the “my club my city” bs wasn’t even cold. 

It’s done guys he’s told the club he wants to go, that’s where this “transfer request” is coming from. 

Stella are a scum outfit sadly they also have Konsa on the books expect that to be pushed next year. 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Villa twitter is a right embarrassment at the moment. No joke, some of our fans are looking like pathetic Arsenal fans, doom and gloom and constant whinging about how this will seal our fate and blah blah blah

Hopefully these are not the same fans that attend Villa park. Have to say the fans that went to Bristol City were fantastic. Singing up to the final minute.  👏🏼 

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

To be fair Leicester should never have gotten near winning the league anyway. But they still lost a lot of key players. Even since, Maguire? And have kept progressing.

Spurs have continued to be in or around the CL though. It can be done. 

The point is it doesn't mean we're suddenly in a relegation battle. Which is what PF had said.

Recruitment is key and its something we have seriously addressed and can get better at.

Leicester are  the perfect model to admire.....How many top class players have they replaced with minimum fuss.....Their recruitment strategy hold no bounds and thats where i want us to be.

I love Jack, but I don't want my club to be beheld to one player....One player will never be bigger than Aston Villa and I genuinely believe, if put to Jack, he would agree.

Its not time for teddy's to be thrown out of prams, its time for a mature view that Jack has out grown our football, not the club, the football we currently play....

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

golf is a gentleman's sport.

Because it’s so bloody boring!  It’s a bit like F1, watch the start and watch the end, the in between you can ignore.

48 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Of course they're advisory, clubs have been known to buy injured players. Players do still "fail" them if their fitness isn't what the buying club expected they were buying, though. I remember Falcoa's move falling through a few years ago because of his medical.

Yes - but it always the clubs call. A friend of mine who used to report on scans stopped doing footballers for fear of litigation. 

Â