The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, MJ_1874 said:

It will be an incredibly hard decision for him.

On the one hand, he has almost single handedly dragged us back from the abyss to the point where we now genuinely have a chance of getting into Europe and/or winning a cup.  He has dreamed of lifting a trophy for Villa since he was 6 years old and joined the club.   There is no doubt he would stay and try and get us to the top if he was 2-3 years younger.

On the other hand, joining Man City will see him play for arguably the best manager of all time alongside his favorite player KDB and will be competing for a premier league trophy and champions league from day one.  As a player this is the absolute pinnacle and he will probably not get the chance to win either if he stays at Villa.  You just wonder if it will all feel a bit empty lifting trophies as a squad player for a team he has no affiliation with and for fans who will never love him like we do.

If he decides to take the opportunity and leave, it will be very tough for all Villa fans but I have no doubt we will invest the money well and it won't derail the project.  Let's not turn bitter and let's appreciate him for what he did leading us out of the championship and keeping us in the premier league long enough to get reestablished.  

I like your post but I would stop at the very first sentence.

It's not his decision. It's the club's, and if the club decides to take the money I will be dissapointed.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we signed Abraham,Alvarez, Bailey, JWP with the money as just an example......that would seriously lift my disappointment.

That would be the absolute bare minimum as we’re probably looking to sign two of those even if Grealish stays.

If he leaves, we would need to sign a couple of much bigger/better names than those.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Guess I’m emotionally stunted.  If he goes, he’s turned his back on the Villa that has given as much to him as he’s given to Villa.  All the chat he has spoken about the Villa makes me believe he is one of us and won’t be leaving, if he chooses to leave then he’s not one of us and deserves the flack that comes his way.  I don’t think he’s going.

I wasn't having a dig at you in particular, by the way.

Just now, Mic09 said:

I like your post but I would stop at the very first sentence.

It's not his decision. It's the club's, and if the club decides to take the money I will be dissapointed.

I am presuming the talk of a £100m release clause is correct, if not Nassef needs to tell to take their oil money and stick it up their arse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree

The question is do those players come to a Villa without grealish? 

JWP, would be a questionable one for me. I think we’ll need to rebuild our reputation first. It would be a gamble for him atm.

I would look abroad. High potential with the want to make it in the PL. Lange and Mckenzie et al, need to earn their wage. If he goes. We can point to him being a success story of personal triumph. Look what can be achieved. We put our players over etc.

Just now, maqroll said:

I wasn't having a dig at you in particular, by the way.

I know mate but doesn’t change my stance and a large section of Villa fans will feel.  It doesn’t make us emotionally stunted, we just act differently to you.

Strange that the talk is ofCity lodging a bid - but no mention of 'activating' a release clause in any of the many tweets/articles we've seen.

Strange - if there is one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he had multiple public digs at us for having shit set piece takers, were you upset?

I'm now even starting to believe the people who claim that he indeed DID want to go to Tottenham, Man U, and now the obvious.

Tottenham move was ultimately blocked, and they offered Peanuts.

Man U didn't want to pay the money.

Man City are now serious and a different level of attraction.

I genuinely think his " Love " and " Loyalty " is overrated.

If we offered him 500 k per week he might suddenly feel alot more loyal though, and we could roll out the 6 year old diving in the bushes like the Holte End story again. lol

As I've said, I won't be abusing him, but i've felt he is more interested in shiny lights and celebrity status than  loyalty " to us for quite a while.

The incessant blowing smoke up his arse and " can do no wrong " attitude from a section of our fans towards him, will have aided in the ego and billy big bollox notion of him being bigger than the club as well.

I would love to have this rammed down my throat and look an absolute tool.

good post JV sums up my sentiments.

I love Jack and want him to stay....but if the stars had of aligned, Jack would have been gone, when Spurs showed Interest...he was disappointed then.

Jack wants to play with Better players, that is the long and short of it.....He wants to play with Kane & DeBruyne and their is more likely him going to play with them, than them coming to play with him.

England has given him the taste of playing with better players, the irony is, he plays better with us than with them IMO.....He may not get the ball so frequently playing with better players, as we seen with England, he may have to get used to that, if he leaves.

We can't be having this circus every season...He has given us unbelieveable Joy, but I feel its time for us and him to move on......we have some very promising academy talent to develop, who knows what they can be, with more focus and encouragement.

I wish Jack well, if he goes and no hard feelings, after all an academy starlet nets the club £100 mill, its fairy tale stuff......I think the team will be come more rounded, some fans will kill me for saying that....but I remember when Gray, Dehan and Gidman left and and we couldn't see goals beyond Andy Gray, but we signed Peter Withe and went on to silverware....We just can't see it right now.

We have seriously intelligent and resourceful people running our club right now, I am confident in their judgement.....when the disappointment subsides, we will be ok....if he stays all good too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Single handedly? There’s other players around him. The management. The owners. 

I said 'almost' but look at our win rate when he has not played over the last three seasons.  It is highly likely we would still be in the championship without him.  

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

JWP, would be a questionable one for me. I think we’ll need to rebuild our reputation first. It would be a gamble for him atm.

I would look abroad. High potential with the want to make it in the PL. Lange and Mckenzie et al, need to earn their wage. If he goes. We can point to him being a success story of personal triumph. Look what can be achieved. We put our players over etc.

The problem with players from abroad is I still have nightmares of the Garde era where we had all those decent French players but it was the case of right players wrong time.

Too many foreign players will take a long time to settle. We have to get the blend right. JWP will give us stability and leadership and will hit the ground running. He’s also never injured and his set piece quality will add 5-7 goals a season I imagine. 

I’m all for the Baileys of this world, but we need to first make sure we’re nowhere near a relegation battle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Single handedly? There’s other players around him. The management. The owners. 

Shame he didn’t single handedly prevent all time low relegation, and then the double failure to gain promotion. Our success and his rise to prominence coincidentally occurred with the arrival NSWE.

• Like 2

Spare a thought for Mr. Grealish himself for a minute. He will be under immense pressure to make this decision and he will be well aware of it's ramifications. Of course, whatever he decides, he will be rich and famous and still kicking a ball for a living. But in a strictly football context, he is in an absolute crucible at the moment.

• Like 4

Just now, maqroll said:

Spare a thought for Mr. Grealish himself for a minute. He will be under immense pressure to make this decision and he will be well aware of it's ramifications. Of course, whatever he decides, he will be rich and famous and still kicking a ball for a living. But in a strictly football context, he is in an absolute crucible at the moment.

I feel awful for him 🙄

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The problem with players from abroad is I still have nightmares of the Garde era where we had all those decent French players but it was the case of right players wrong time.

Too many foreign players will take a long time to settle. We have to get the blend right. JWP will give us stability and leadership and will hit the ground running. He’s also never injured and his set piece quality will add 5-7 goals a season I imagine. 

I’m all for the Baileys of this world, but we need to first make sure we’re nowhere near a relegation battle.

I’d take him in heartbeat. I’m just not convinced he’s leave Southampton for us minus Grealish. Maybe I’m being too negative.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Think his decision is already made 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, SirSteveUK said:

Strange that the talk is ofCity lodging a bid - but no mention of 'activating' a release clause in any of the many tweets/articles we've seen.

Strange - if there is one...

Thats where I am too

The reporting which is now sounding increasingly confident in itself is all saying offer and negotiation, nothing like activated or triggered 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Jack wants to play with Better players, that is the long and short of it.....He wants to play with Kane & DeBruyne 

Seriously ? Are you suggesting they are better than El Ghazi and Nakamba ? Give your head a wobble !!!!

• Haha 2

Â