The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So you don't think the same will happen again next summer? Say Martinez, Konsa, Watkins etc? We are stuck in catch 22. We want to progress but hit a glass ceiling because anytime we get a decent player or two they get taken away and back down the league we go. It's happened numerous times, again are you denying any of what I said isn't true? Therefore what I have said isn't dramatic, just straight to the point and accurate.

Sadly.

Yes I've said as much in the Lange and Watkins threads. I think there is a huge risk Watkins and Ezri are wanted next summer. Watkins in particular and specifically to Arsenal.

If he goes there's a risk next summer for sure. But we have a few weeks and a whole season to ensure we progress again and therefore reduce the number of clubs that can poach that talent.

And yeah I'm denying it's true because it hasn't happened yet. And yes it is dramatic because, again, it hasn't happened yet. Get a grip

4 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

The silence from the club is deafing shows only one thing Jack is going end of story he don’t believe in the club anyway more 

I don’t think that’s why they’re being quiet.  Apparently he arrived back in the UK yesterday so I think they want to sit down and talk to him first and see if there’s any hope of him signing our deal. I doubt he will but the club won’t be able to say anything either way yet. 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Having wealthy owners hasn't been enough to keep Grealish. So what will change?  I cannot see how we can push forwards selling our best players all the time.

And no this isn't a dig at the owners they have been excellent. This isn't their choice. How are we supposed to get into the top 4 by weakening the team

This is the truth. If we sell Jack. We aren't competing for Europe for a long time. We also need to massively upgrade our midfield and move McGinn on if we lose him as well. 

6 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

The silence from the club is deafing shows only one thing Jack is going end of story he don’t believe in the club anyway more 

So what your basically saying is Jack left last season, the season before that and the season before that because Villa were quiet then and never said a word till a new contract was put in place.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes I've said as much in the Lange and Watkins threads. I think there is a huge risk Watkins and Ezri are wanted next summer. Watkins in particular and specifically to Arsenal.

If he goes there's a risk next summer for sure. But we have a few weeks and a whole season to ensure we progress again and therefore reduce the number of clubs that can poach that talent.

And yeah I'm denying it's true because it hasn't happened yet. And yes it is dramatic because, again, it hasn't happened yet. Get a grip

So if Grealish leaves in a few days you will no longer feel the need to tell me to get a grip? 

If he doesn't leave then great. The fact remains about selling players when we are at our strongest and never being able to compete though. It's happened before, the cycle needs to end.

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

This is the truth. If we sell Jack. We aren't competing for Europe for a long time. We also need to massively upgrade our midfield and move McGinn on if we lose him as well. 

I think the above is the point at this present time. 

All of the doomsday overreactions of the last 700 pages are totally moot at this present time. It may well change, but for the love of god stop making hilariously embarrassing statements as to the impact of an event that hasn't even happened. 

On the other hand if you or the other 20 or so posters who are spouting this total crock of shit can indeed predict the future then I would like to know who will win the 3.30pm at Catterick, cheers. 

• Haha 1

This is a true test of intent. The club have to get their elbows out here and say no. The money isn't really helpful, it's sets a precedent of us being a selling club and we go backwards and it costs money in other ways (lower finish, fewer merch sales, can't attract as good players). 

I have much more faith in Dean Smith to spend money well than previous managers, but it's not a guarentee. We went massively backwards last time and have had nearly 10 years of turbulence after selling Milner, Young, Barry etc. How much has that actually cost the club really? When you think in these terms, a seasons worth of TV revenue in exchange for our best player and our poster boy for our amibitions makes zero sense. 

It's simple for me. Keep Grealish and add more quality. 

Sell him and I cannot see us improving even with the cash available. 

It's a pivotal moment this! Come on owners, let's get aggressive! 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I think the above is the point at this present time. 

All of the doomsday overreactions of the last 700 pages are totally moot at this present time. It may well change, but for the love of god stop making hilariously embarrassing statements as to the impact of an event that hasn't even happened. 

On the other hand if you or the other 20 or so posters who are spouting this total crock of shit can indeed predict the future then I would like to know who will win the 3.30pm at Catterick, cheers. 

I literally said on the last page I don't think he will leave. I'm just entertaining the hypothetical. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

It troubles me that so many are painting Jack as a Judas when he’s still a Villa player and contacted for another four years. 

Thats the bit, I don't get....He has simply out grown us in football terms....That is no ones fault , his or the clubs, both have done their best to improve.

If he was 21, he might see things slightly differently.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s the media pushing Jack to City, not us. They wouldn’t dream of writing such content about us when pursuing our transfer targets. We were painted as being second-choice for Buendia. They’d never write that Southampton are expected to accept our offer for JWP. They are insulted that an ambitious and wealthy Villa don’t know their place. 

This

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

im sorry the last line doesnt make sense, we need to move McGinn on before we lose him?

Obviously don't want him to go - and will be gutted if he did - But can we just appreciate something for a minutes.....

Our local lad Jack could potentially be a the highest ever English transfer, the highest ever PL player even. Not bad for a kid from Solihull

He's an absolute superstar,  whatever happens. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

How are we supposed to get into the top 4 by weakening the team

The same way

Liverpool (they were just Top4 year before and sold Coutinho in January the following year and still managed to maintain Top 4)

Spurs (Bale)

Leicester (Mahrez, Kante)

Have managed to get back into the Top 4 or maintain their progression at some point after losing great players.

Â