The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I don't like all this disrespecting of Jack, he ain't gone yet and to be fair, we still have no idea if he will. Some will look complete fools if he decides to stay.

I'll be celebrating like it's 1999 if he stays.

If he signs a new deal, that’s a huge commitment and a sign of loyalty when it’d be easy to go. I think he deserves time to see if he does the right thing imo, before we judge him.

17 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

In the contract it says this:

"Baby, I know you're askin' me to stay
Say "Please, please, please don't go away"
You say I'm givin' you the blues
Maybe you mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules"

Posting this was a foolish notion 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dave-R said:

We have to keep him, have to place better by the side of Jack, if we don't we won't never get onto the type of player the so called big 5 are on and we so need to get on that type of player at some point.

Jack is one player but he's one player who can aid in Villa being attractive and aid in the luring of other players who have abilities like him.

I can imagine the amount of different outcomes that happen letting Jack leave

1 Villas progress is halted and pushed back

2 City go untouched for season upon seasons

3 Villa can't get access to the next tier of player because we lost Jack.

4 gaining European qualification will be an impossible task this season but with Jack it's possible.

I can't on those reasons alone believe that our Owners are going to sell Jack at any cost.

I do for the love of God wished our club would F'in sort this out and make a statement now as I'm sick to death of it. It's proper pissing me off because of how much panic it's creating amongst VT fans and how much City will laugh if it happens at Villa and the league if they obtain the bloke.

it may sound crazy to some Dave.....but I think we will be ok, even if he leaves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Only emotionally stunted weirdos would hate Jack Grealish for leaving Villa a month away from his 26th birthday. He's a great player, a likeable guy and he's shown admirable commitment to the club up to this stage and  helped get the club re-established in the Premier League. If we sell him we will have the biggest windfall in club history to reinvest.

If he goes, (and I'm not sure he will), I will hope he does well for them, just not against us.

Guess I’m emotionally stunted.  If he goes, he’s turned his back on the Villa that has given as much to him as he’s given to Villa.  All the chat he has spoken about the Villa makes me believe he is one of us and won’t be leaving, if he chooses to leave then he’s not one of us and deserves the flack that comes his way.  I don’t think he’s going.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he had multiple public digs at us for having shit set piece takers, were you upset?

I'm now even starting to believe the people who claim that he indeed DID want to go to Tottenham, Man U, and now the obvious.

Tottenham move was ultimately blocked, and they offered Peanuts.

Man U didn't want to pay the money.

Man City are now serious and a different level of attraction.

I genuinely think his " Love " and " Loyalty " is overrated.

If we offered him 500 k per week he might suddenly feel alot more loyal though, and we could roll out the 6 year old diving in the bushes like the Holte End story again. lol

As I've said, I won't be abusing him, but i've felt he is more interested in shiny lights and celebrity status that  loyalty " to us for quite a while.

I would love to have this rammed down my throat and look an absolute tool.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mbhz6z588iezp41enx

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Guess I’m emotionally stunted.  If he goes, he’s turned his back on the Villa that has given as much to him as he’s given to Villa.  All the chat he has spoken about the Villa makes me believe he is one of us and won’t be leaving, if he chooses to leave then he’s not one of us and deserves the flack that comes his way.  I don’t think he’s going.

If we signed Abraham,Alvarez, Bailey, JWP with the money as just an example......that would seriously lift my disappointment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we signed Abraham,Alvarez, Bailey, JWP with the money as just an example......that would seriously lift my disappointment.

Agree

The question is do those players come to a Villa without grealish? 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

IF the Grealish bid is accepted by Villa... Guardiola will have spent £918m on transfers since he joined Man City in 2016 

No wonder it's nearly eight quid a gallon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, birdman said:

Of course but I'm just countering some of the posters who think he'll fail. We love Jack for his amazing talent and that isn't just going to evaporate overnight IF he leaves for Man City.

If he goes now could care less about him as he is as he is a pure hypocrite committed to the club the loves ya right another Delph 

It will be an incredibly hard decision for him.

On the one hand, he has almost single handedly dragged us back from the abyss to the point where we now genuinely have a chance of getting into Europe and/or winning a cup.  He has dreamed of lifting a trophy for Villa since he was 6 years old and joined the club.   There is no doubt he would stay and try and get us to the top if he was 2-3 years younger.

On the other hand, joining Man City will see him play for arguably the best manager of all time alongside his favorite player KDB and will be competing for a premier league trophy and champions league from day one.  As a player this is the absolute pinnacle and he will probably not get the chance to win either if he stays at Villa.  You just wonder if it will all feel a bit empty lifting trophies as a squad player for a team he has no affiliation with and for fans who will never love him like we do.

If he decides to take the opportunity and leave, it will be very tough for all Villa fans but I have no doubt we will invest the money well and it won't derail the project.  Let's not turn bitter and let's appreciate him for what he did leading us out of the championship and keeping us in the premier league long enough to get reestablished.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

it may sound crazy to some Dave.....but I think we will be ok, even if he leaves.

3 years ago we were a club on the ropes, that was a hell of a lot worse than Jack going. Villa will always be here

1 minute ago, MJ_1874 said:

It will be an incredibly hard decision for him.

On the one hand, he has almost single handedly dragged us back from the abyss to the point where we now genuinely have a chance of getting into Europe and/or winning a cup.  He has dreamed of lifting a trophy for Villa since he was 6 years old and joined the club.   There is no doubt he would stay and try and get us to the top if he was 2-3 years younger.

Single handedly? There’s other players around him. The management. The owners. 

• Like 2

Â