The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Seriously ? Are you suggesting they are better than El Ghazi and Nakamba ? Give your head a wobble !!!!

I know you are teasing...but ElGhazi and Nakamba are a product of our Progression, Man city are probably 10 years ahead of us.

They were good for us at the time we bought them....its all about timing.

We are looking to bring in better quality, but maybe Jack thinks I can't wait around to see, I maybe 30 by the time we get the quality, I want to play with.

It all makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

A tad dramatic, maybe? 

How is our best player forcing a move good in any way?  How am I being dramatic? Did he say those words? Yes he did.

We know the club don't want to sell. So if he goes he has forced the move after what he said, a week before the season starts. Please tell me what's dramatic about that.

3 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Not a cretin but vastly overrated. Tuchel got the better of him as have others when it really comes to the crunch.

I think he's a horrible man personally. Definitely overrated though.

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

£10m a year at Villa or £15-20m a year at City.

Agonising choice.

I really don't think money comes into it that much. 

If we'd qualified for the Champions League this year, Man City could be offering him £40mil a year and there's no way he'd be moving. 

I think the idea of playing for a club that could win the Champions League next year would be the biggest factor in Jack's consideration for moving to City. The flow on effect that Southgate will suddenly start him in every game at the World Cup would be big as well. 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

How is our best player forcing a move good in any way?  How am I being dramatic? Did he say those words? Yes he did.

We know the club don't want to sell. So if he goes he has forced the move after what he said, a week before the season starts. Please tell me what's dramatic about that.

Nobody said it's good. You said we're back to being fodder and a relegation battle. That's the dramatic bit.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Nobody is saying our best player leaving for £100m is necessarily a good thing, but it's absurd to make out as if it's a given that we'll now be back to being relegation fodder.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not offended. I assumed it was a joke because of how dramatic this sentence is. If it's not tongue in cheek you're way off base

So you don't think the same will happen again next summer? Say Martinez, Konsa, Watkins etc? We are stuck in catch 22. We want to progress but hit a glass ceiling because anytime we get a decent player or two they get taken away and back down the league we go. It's happened numerous times, again are you denying any of what I said isn't true? Therefore what I have said isn't dramatic, just straight to the point and accurate.

Sadly.

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So much for his "my club" statement made when he signed a new contract 10 months ago.

He really shouldn't have said that and now leave us up shit creek without a paddle with a week before the season starts.

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that. So he is either a liar or very thick?

I sense a tough few seasons ahead, probably a relegation battle. We can't adequately replace in this time frame, and we are going to be shafted financially with anyone we try and buy now. Worst case scenario all round. Next season it will be the same thing for probably Konsa, Martinez or Watkins..The hope of competing is gone as we have backed down. We are back to being cannon fodder yet again just like 2010. 

He  

Hasn't

Left 

Yettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So much for his "my club" statement made when he signed a new contract 10 months ago.

He really shouldn't have said that and now leave us up shit creek without a paddle with a week before the season starts.

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that. So he is either a liar or very thick?

I sense a tough few seasons ahead, probably a relegation battle. We can't adequately replace in this time frame, and we are going to be shafted financially with anyone we try and buy now. Worst case scenario all round. Next season it will be the same thing for probably Konsa, Martinez or Watkins..The hope of competing is gone as we have backed down. We are back to being cannon fodder yet again just like 2010. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861sif2u30aksljvbj08

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I don't think we'll be fighting relegation, as we've already recruited well and will continue to do so.

The key thing is that Jack hasn't gone yet, and we have no idea if NSWE have even accepted a bid.

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Agree with the first bit Flaps. He's shafted us big time IF he does go, which is looking more and more likely. 2 weeks before the start of the season after saying those words 10 months ago. Really, really poor.

But I don't agree with the last paragraph. I trust NSWE to continue their good work. Keep the faith in them. We'll be fine 👍🏻

Just now, Pissflaps said:

“We’re going to lose all our good players… we’re going to be cannon-fodder… it’s 2010 all over again!!” 

That’s dramatic, in fact it’s hysterical. We weren’t owned by very wealthy ambitious men back then, didn’t have a brilliantly run club from top to bottom and back to front. 

Jack leaving is a kick in the swingers and will set us back this season, inevitably. But it’s not the end of the chuffing world. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanBalaban said:

I don't think we'll be fighting relegation, as we've already recruited well and will continue to do so.

The key thing is that Jack hasn't gone yet, and we have no idea if NSWE have even accepted a bid.

Exactly, Pissflaps is even managing to make his name look normal with the levels of hyperbole he's chucking today. 

Let the saga actually play out and for the club and player to make their decisions before the bravado please. 

1 hour ago, macandally said:

I get the whole “emotion” of losing “one of our own”, however, Jack has become a single point of failure within the team due to everything going through him.  When it works, he is brilliant and results are clear, when he is marked out of game or injured, we look lost.

Question is, do we keep a player who has an ongoing problem but is a game changer, or take a chunk of money and increase the resilience of the team to remove that dependency on jack?

He still has to pass a medical at City, given his ongoing issues, this is not nailed on yet and the club needs to take the emotion out of the situation and be clinical in their thinking.  If they are, there is still potential for us to keep improving whatever happens.

That is true.

For me as much as I don't want him to go I do realise that while Jack is here, Villa as a team won't ever be able to breathe while he's in the squad. It's the media and other clubs fans and the whole your a one many team that is doing it despite most other clubs have a player who's cream of the crop anyhow. We have players now that if Jack is out started to pull wins together as a unit, as a group and that's what we need. Our squad has to be able to mould together and rely on eachother more rather than one singular player.

Jack makes things happen but he casts this shadow over the rest of team where they look to him so much that he's the creativity and he's the man that probes opposition and penetrates defences that we have no one else doing that. It all has to stop really but question is, is it the time for Villa and Jack to part ways, I do not think it is.

NSWE should say no to a sale for time being and wear Jacks contract out till he's got a year or two left on it. That would allow us to get a better squad in place because we do need to get more better quality players. The squad is still in a process of being updated and work is still being done to make sure we can survive in the premier as a club. Let's face it if Jack is sold we could actually decline fast and head for a bad season, morale could take a dive and moods could go real bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

The only shit **** out there who are expecting Villa to except the bid are the **** **** that make up our **** media. 

Expected to accept lol

Written as if we have a choice. If we do have the choice surely its a simple go away he's not for sale. 

Just now, Awol said:

“We’re going to lose all our good players… we’re going to be cannon-fodder… it’s 2010 all over again!!” 

That’s dramatic, in fact it’s hysterical. We weren’t owned by very wealthy ambitious men back then, didn’t have a brilliantly run club from top to bottom and back to front. 

Jack leaving is a kick in the swingers and will set us back this season, inevitably. But it’s not the end of the chuffing world. 

Having wealthy owners hasn't been enough to keep Grealish. So what will change?  I cannot see how we can push forwards selling our best players all the time.

And no this isn't a dig at the owners they have been excellent. This isn't their choice. How are we supposed to get into the top 4 by weakening the team

4 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

The silence from the club is deafing shows only one thing Jack is going end of story he don’t believe in the club anyway more 

Or there's nothing to see here, so no need to comment. The sheer volume of people stating things are fact, when it's just their opinion, is astonishing. 

• Like 1

Â