The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not talking about when it was tweeted. It was left up for years, and was available as recently as a month ago but has mysteriously disappeared around the time their fiercest rivals started sniffing around.

Social media team just being cautious. Those old tweets can be used to fit whatever narrative suits some hack or troll. You know, taking them out of context and misleading people etc. Sensible move given they've probably been misused already. 

• Like 1

Just now, birdman said:

Social media team just being cautious. Those old tweets can be used to fit whatever narrative suits some hack or troll. You know, taking them out of context and misleading people etc. Sensible move given they've probably been misused already. 

Holding up the tweets of a 17 year old footballer who loves the game of proof of anything is beyond cringe. It’s baseless and used by all sorts to make dumb internet arguments. 

20 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

You'd hope not (as a citeh fan). Perhaps i worded it incorrectly....if he loves, even craves affection then he has it with us in bucket loads & probably not as much with Petro Dollar FC who can't even sell out their stadium despite all the success they've bought recently. 

I remember man city as far back as late 70s. Good club, proper support but now....i dunno....perhaps I'm out of touch with the modern money spinning game now and this is the new normal ?

Not so gobby back then when the Steamers took the Kippax in 1976

Not that that is important or clever just pissed off

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’ve said it time and time again.

The length of the contract is what protects the fee.  The longer the contract, the larger the fee.

And why exactly does it protect the fee? Because the selling club has the power to turn down an offer for the player knowing the player will still be contracted to them for a number of seasons to come. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

And why exactly does it protect the fee? Because the selling club has the power to turn down an offer for the player knowing the player will still be contracted to them for a number of seasons to come. 

Except when you sign new deals and promise the player outright to listen to offers above specific amounts. It's very clear Grealish signed last year deal with agreement he could go if certain offers matched our valuation.. 

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

So you're okay with the words "My City, My Club, My Home" and him being sold on the ambitions of the owners for the future?

I'm not saying the word snake but he said those things 10 months ago. Don't they just seem false to you now?

No

13 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

This is what always happens when there's a lack of official communication. We start second-guessing things because we need and answer. I haven't seen anything definitative saying Jack is leaving so I'm cool as a cucumber.

If everyone only produced posts in response to definitive statements, certainties and irrefutable facts, discussion and debate in forums would soon dry up!

Edited by deck

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I wonder about that. Don't think we'll hear anything about it one way or another unfortunately. It'd be very odd for City to spend 100m on a player they know has a limited time left to play. It's not like he's the difference between them winning trophies or not.

These stress fractures won't end his career prematurely, but they could recur, causing him to need time out, if the cause of them isn't addressed (e.g. amount of running, type of surface, alignment of his limbs, alcohol consumption etc.)

The only way this would end his career early is if he continued playing with one and his leg broke from an impact that you wouldn't normally expect to break a leg.

Fortunately these days, when a Villa player complains of shin-pain in pre-season, he is taken seriously and not just told he is being a wimp with disastorous consequences.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Except when you sign new deals and promise the player outright to listen to offers above specific amounts. It's very clear Grealish signed last year deal with agreement he could go if certain offers matched our valuation.. 

How is it clear?

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I've become very bored of it all to be honest. Cant wait for it to be over one way or the other and then we can all move on. It feels like we are in Limbo until this happens. 

Likewise. It’s also a bad look for the fans. Whatever will be will be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not to mention that obscure thing nobody has heard of called employment law 

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

How do you this happened? 

Ultimately, if Jack has expressed his desire to leave to the board, then we sell IMO, subject to getting the fee we want. 

If your girlfriend has already fantasised about sleeping with the richer bloke up the road in the bigger house and with a more flashy car, then you get rid and move on! :) 

• Haha 1

Head on the line because a few people have said the same on Twitter so I don’t need to keep it hidden anymore. I believe he does indeed have a release clause.  Got told back in March about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Â