The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

No

10 months ago he said he saw his future here and wanted to be part of the project. What has changed in that time? If he leaves now then he simply wasn't being honest when he said that.

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

Ultimately, if Jack has expressed his desire to leave to the board, then we sell IMO, subject to getting the fee we want. 

If your girlfriend has already fantasised about sleeping with the richer bloke up the road in the bigger house and with a more flashy car, then you get rid and move on! :) 

Except, she already fantasized about another rich bloke a year ago and we gave her a ring for her troubles. This time we'll knock her up :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Head on the line because a few people have said the same on Twitter so I don’t need to keep it hidden anymore. I believe he does indeed have a release clause.  Got told back in March about it.

I think you're probably right tbh mate. I'm not sure this whole thing would even be a discussion if there was no clause.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Ultimately, if Jack has expressed his desire to leave to the board, then we sell IMO, subject to getting the fee we want. 

If your girlfriend has already fantasised about sleeping with the richer bloke up the road in the bigger house and with a more flashy car, then you get rid and move on! :) 

If you’re married and move on you have to give away half your wealth. 

5 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

These stress fractures won't end his career prematurely, but they could recur, causing him to need time out, if the cause of them isn't addressed (e.g. amount of running, type of surface, alignment of his limbs, alcohol consumption etc.)

The only way this would end his career early is if he continued playing with one and his leg broke from an impact that you wouldn't normally expect to break a leg.

Fortunately these days, when a Villa player complains of shin-pain in pre-season, he is taken seriously and not just told he is being a wimp with disastorous consequences.

Does alcohol consumption have an effect on shin splints ?

If there is a release clause, it doesn't mean he goes, it just means its in his hands, if the clause is met.

I guess Jack has to decide - instant gratification with City and medals and champions league nights. Or build something at this home club... but knowing there isn't the guarantee we can get there in time for him... but he would become a legend. 

Its a big decision for him... maybe he doesn't even know himself yet! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Head on the line because a few people have said the same on Twitter so I don’t need to keep it hidden anymore. I believe he does indeed have a release clause.  Got told back in March about it.

I take it that clause is £100m?

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

And get 4 or 5 other ones in? 

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

10 months ago he said he saw his future here and wanted to be part of the project. What has changed in that time? If he leaves now then he simply wasn't being honest when he said that.

i think people are missing the fact that there were no offers for jack last summer.

Jack said in an interview himself, that when no offers came in, a new contract was offered and he wanted it sorted, so he's obviously going to say the usual "my club etc" after he signed.

Really, this is the first summer that a "big club" have actually put their money where their mouth is, so its also actually the first time he has had the option to actually consider.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Maybe true but if it is why wasn’t that reported today? Unless the offer was lower than the release clause. 

Way it was reported today made it sound like a bid had been made not a release clause had been met. 

All a lot of noise really but it’ll become clear in the next few days.

Ultimately this will be a blow but not a killer one. If this club is to win something major it’ll be because it’s been run really well for several years not because Jack won it on his own. 

We’ve had many years to get used to the idea of Jack leaving. Would have hurt a lot more after the Derby game because we were effectively giving him away and were in a mess without him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

TBF - why wouldn't they? ££££££

5 year contract at £200k pw = FIFTY MILLION POUNDS. 

That’s basic salary, the sponsorship and advertising stuff on the side can easily double that. How much is enough? 

I think it’s about having the thing he wants (UCL, Prem’ titles etc) right now, and about the celebrity he craves.

He could’ve been a footballing god in Birmingham for the rest of his days. When he’s older, a few bits of tin and ribbon gained with a rancid club, who’s Mickey Mouse fans will drop him as soon as the next shiny player comes along, will seem like a good exchange when his career is over. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Maybe true but if it is why wasn’t that reported today? Unless the offer was lower than the release clause. 

Way it was reported today made it sound like a bid had been made not a release clause had been met. 

All a lot of noise really but it’ll become clear in the next few days.

Ultimately this will be a blow but not a killer one. If this club is to win something major it’ll be because it’s been run really well for several years not because Jack won it on his own. 

We’ve had many years to get used to the idea of Jack leaving. Would have hurt a lot more after the Derby game because we were effectively giving him away and were in a mess without him. 

Fulham

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah I wonder about that. Don't think we'll hear anything about it one way or another unfortunately. It'd be very odd for City to spend 100m on a player they know has a limited time left to play. It's not like he's the difference between them winning trophies or not.

True but we could know something that they don’t know. Who knows and we would only find out if he did have his career cut short. Even then I doubt we’d ever admit to knowing anything and they wouldn’t want to look like mugs and would say it was something new. 

I do remember losing both Brian Little and Gary Shaw to injury way too early in their careers. 

Â