The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we did flat out reject the offer we would of it straight away. 

We are 100% in negotiations

But maybe those negotiations include a new contract offer to Jack.

I'm expecting this to be more or less decided by this time next week.

Jack Returns - we guage how much he wants the move and if a new contract would make him stay.

If no - plan b is pushed into action. We move on incomings and squeeze the best deal out of Man City.

By this time next week. A fee agreed and we are in final negotiations for incoming players 

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we did flat out reject the offer we would of it straight away. 

We are 100% in negotiations

But maybe those negotiations include a new contract offer to Jack.

I'm expecting this to be more or less decided by this time next week.

Jack Returns - we guage how much he wants the move and if a new contract would make him stay.

If no - plan b is pushed into action. We move on incomings and squeeze the best deal out of Man City.

By this time next week. A fee agreed and we are in final negotiations for incoming players 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Jack was 17 when that was tweeted. It’s entirely possible bulk tweets from that year are also deleted.  

I'm not talking about when it was tweeted. It was left up for years, and was available as recently as a month ago but has mysteriously disappeared around the time their fiercest rivals started sniffing around.

Pre Euros it was - Jack goes nowhere.

Almost nothing has happened since, he didn't blow the world away with his bit part involvement in the Euros and in truth, the only thing that has changed is his profile has increased multi-fold. Some fellas haven't a clue, there are England fans who first saw Jack Grealish play live, in an England jersey. There's Man City fans who've never seen anything other than highlights of the fella. So there's a heap of paper talk and after a few months we have a potential bid.

Pre Euros - it didn't matter, 100m or get lost and even then why would our billionaire owners sell?

Nothing has changed other than the speed at which we are tacking on new pages to this thread.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

My opinion of NSWE will drop a notch or 2 if they're actually entertaining this offer.

I think a lot is dependent on his injury. Is his career limited by this, duration wise?Is he in a rush to win trophies while he can? Equally do we see the benefit of cashing in now because the likelihood is that he only has a limited time left? Could be a significant factor. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Doubt it, transfers generally don’t start get going until this time every season.  

Agreed Especially considering the major international  tournaments that have been this summer

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

I've become very bored of it all to be honest. Cant wait for it to be over one way or the other and then we can all move on. It feels like we are in Limbo until this happens. 

Or we can just choose to ignore the gossip and be cool

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Agreed Especially considering the major international  tournaments that have been this summer

Also we've already broken our transfer record earlier this window. We are perfectly poised.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think a lot is dependent on his injury. Is his career limited by this, duration wise?Is he in a rush to win trophies while he can? Equally do we see the benefit of cashing in now because the likelihood is that he only has a limited time left? Could be a significant factor. 

Yeah I wonder about that. Don't think we'll hear anything about it one way or another unfortunately. It'd be very odd for City to spend 100m on a player they know has a limited time left to play. It's not like he's the difference between them winning trophies or not.

38 minutes ago, villanmac said:

I know contracts aren't worth much these days but signing a 5 year deal, buying into the project where the club say we are going to build a proper team around you and go for it and then 1 year into it saying im offski is pretty shit practice. The club also did him a solid by looking after him at the end of the season to get him ready for the EUROs and for a 'Villa man' its a hell of a season to go out on having not played in a full villa park for a year and a half.

I’ve said it time and time again.

The length of the contract is what protects the fee.  The longer the contract, the larger the fee.

• Like 1

Â