The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

All the discussion about Jack and transfer speculation in my mind shows how little research commentators do when it comes to teams like us.

It's very clear they have little to offer in terms of real analysis, so settle for soundbites. McManaman was very dull to listen to.

We are shifting the calculus and these types cannot accept that Jack is sold by the ambition of the club, who are playing very well, and backed by some of the richest owners.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

All the discussion about Jack and transfer speculation in my mind shows how little research commentators do when it comes like us.

It's very clear they have little to offer in terms of real analysis, so settle for soundbites. McManaman was very dull to listen to.

We are shifting the calculus and these types cannot accept that Jack is sold by the ambition of the club, who are playing very well, and backed by some of the richest owners.

I'd love to know if they cannot accept it or that they are just completely oblivious. May be a bit of both. I really, really hate the footballing media.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'd love to know if they cannot accept it or that they are just completely oblivious. May be a bit of both. I really, really hate the footballing media.

They are blinded by decades of status quo I'm afraid. 

Even if we won the league by 15 points they wouldn't accept that long term we were part of the "club" of massive teams who run things. 

The only team who have properly broken into the 'giants' category in the last 35 years are Man City and it took half of the wealth of an entire nation to get them there (and they are in Manchester). 

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because commentators these days are idiots hence why ex footballers are assisting the main commentator rather than having a proper football job.  They are famous ex footballers rather than knowledgeable insiders.

I wouldn’t listen to anything they say about anything apart from the game we are watching and even then the amount of times they say the wrong players name, an offside or something else not quite right is incredible.  

Sometimes I question their research as well, I guess they just get their stat pack before the match and then hope whatever else they say doesn’t get questioned.

Bt sport again last night calling el Ghazi elmohamady. I mean I get it thst it's not too different in name but they're completely different players in a high profile premier league team. The graphic BT put up even said elmohamady came on last night, so not just the commentators that are clueless there.

Against man city the other week they also said in commentary that we last won at the etihad in 2007 under Paul Lambert. If you dont know who the manager was dont just guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Bt sport again last night calling el Ghazi elmohamady. I mean I get it thst it's not too different in name but they're completely different players in a high profile premier league team. The graphic BT put up even said elmohamady came on last night, so not just the commentators that are clueless there.

Against man city the other week they also said in commentary that we last won at the etihad in 2007 under Paul Lambert. If you dont know who the manager was dont just guess.

You know my son kept on saying wheres Elmo and I said we have not subbed him on ( I didnt hear them calling Ghazi Elmo) but it all makes sense now as to why my son kept thinking Elmo was on the pitch lol

Must say we could of prob done with Elmo on, his crossing is very good and we needed some pin point accuracy on crosses.

Just now, Dave-R said:

You know my son kept on saying wheres Elmo and I said we have not subbed him on ( I didnt hear them calling Ghazi Elmo) but it all makes sense now as to why my son kept thinking Elmo was on the pitch lol

Must say we could of prob done with Elmo on, his crossing is very good and we needed some pin point accuracy on crosses.

I can vouch for it. The commentator definitely said Ahmed Elmohammady is coming on. Used both names so it's not like he just got their surnames confused. I remember just rolling my eyes when he said it. I miss the good old days of Motson and Davies.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think further to that Man U have shown they arent willing to spend that much with the Sancho deal and that was in a position (RW) they needed to fill, so they arent going to buy Jack in positions that Jack play which arguably is Rashford or Fernandes roles. 

Man City would be a different case but still not sure Pep would spend that kind of money either and while he spends 50m here and 60m there he doesnt go much above that and look how many play makers they have and Pep loves Foden who plays in a similar position to Jack although very differently, then you have creatively De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling. 

I think they will be focused moneywise on a striker next with Kun closing out his career at top level by the looks of it because of injuries and just age of 32.  Jesus is really good but not Man City good, they need a new striker.

Liverpool's Klopp has already commented previously that Liverpool cant/wont spend money on the top end, big cost players.  A little bizarre given who they are and the money they have collected in recent years but it's a frustration of his and shown in recent comments.  

Who knows what Tuchel will do at Chelsea but I doubt they'll come after Jack, they'll be looking at fancy foreign names like Haaland and Mbappe than brummie boys called Jack.  I think more chance of us getting some players off them than ours going to them.

No chance for Arsenal or Spurs, sorry but no chance for so many reasons even though London press might at some point in the future link him...that's just too funny and typical London bias and rose tinted glasses on London teams

So part of me feels comfortable that Jack is going nowhere, because of exactly what you said about foreign clubs and then above from me on domestic clubs.

I’ve said it before mate.

If a club wants him that badly, then they should be forced into financially crippling themselves for the foreseeable future.

Thats how valuable Jack is to us...

• Like 1

Just now, Okonokos said:

I can vouch for it. The commentator definitely said Ahmed Elmohammady is coming on. Used both names so it's not like he just got their surnames confused. I remember just rolling my eyes when he said it. I miss the good old days of Motson and Davies.

Yeah Motson was ace just for his crazy talk and how hed bash teams and players with plenty of jokes. Things like- well this club really haven't a clue on there best day or he thinks hes a great player, it's about time he woke up from his dreams, such a sarcy funny Commentator I miss him in the sport.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I heard it too. Their racial bias and ignorance is astounding.

The lack of effort from BT is a joke.

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

I’ve said it before mate.

If a club wants him that badly, then they should be forced into financially crippling themselves for the foreseeable future.

Thats how valuable Jack is to us...

I always say that for a Villa fan it's impossible to price Jack, other clubs can do it but I myself find it impossible to price him up for a good many reasons.

I do agree though, whoever buys him should just hand over everything they own.

Jack's abit like Mayfair on the monopoly board, if you land on him its bankrupting you if you Own mayfair its Bankrupting you to put hotels on there lol.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I heard it too. Their racial bias and ignorance is astounding.

The lack of effort from BT is a joke.

Bit much saying its racial bias, just stupidness in there mistakes is all it is.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I always say that for a Villa fan it's impossible to price Jack, other clubs can do it but I myself find it impossible to price him up for a good many reasons.

I do agree though, whoever buys him should just hand over everything they own.

Jack's abit like Mayfair on the monopoly board, if you land on him its bankrupting you if you Own mayfair its Bankrupting you to put hotels on there lol.

image.jpeg.5731f11122b996b9a828b06d098eb610.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah Motson was ace just for his crazy talk and how hed bash teams and players with plenty of jokes. Things like- well this club really haven't a clue on there best day or he thinks hes a great player, it's about time he woke up from his dreams, such a sarcy funny Commentator I miss him in the sport.

He also had the ability to make moments epic with his commentary. 2002 world cup was his prime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It wasnt just a glance at him and getting it wrong once, that you can forgive, they got it wrong firstly when they saw him moving from the bench, they then showed a full visual shot of El Ghazi face again on his own and called him elmohamady, and then the caption at the bottom said it was elmohamady that came on. A minute later they corrected it. It isnt like they're commentating on Marine, who have a couple of 'foreign' players that they cant be bothered to learn the names of. Elmohamady ihas been in english football for years, bulk of which in premier league, and el Ghazi arguably best player in the division last month.

They're having a mare recently, commentator screaming Gundogan over and over again as Silva scored and celebrated. I'll forgive them for the caption saying Luiz was booked when it was McGinn, but still another error.

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Landed nice 12/1 double with Jack and Ollie anytime scorers + 16/1 for 10 shots on target. 

If someone had told you that bet had landed but Villa still lost you’d never have believed them

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It wasnt just a glance at him and getting it wrong once, that you can forgive, they got it wrong firstly when they saw him moving from the bench, they then showed a full visual shot of El Ghazi face again on his own and called him elmohamady, and then the caption at the bottom said it was elmohamady that came on. A minute later they corrected it. It isnt like they're commentating on Marine, who have a couple of 'foreign' players that they cant be bothered to learn the names of. Elmohamady ihas been in english football for years, bulk of which in premier league, and el Ghazi arguably best player in the division last month.

They're having a mare recently, commentator screaming Gundogan over and over again as Silva scored and celebrated. I'll forgive them for the caption saying Luiz was booked when it was McGinn, but still another error.

Yeah, he was on screen for a good 10 seconds and was stripped off and putting his shin pads on and you could clearly see who it was. It's because they don't have any interest outside the select few. So I wouldn't listen to a word any of them say about Grealish leaving. They're just guessing/hoping based on their painfully limited knowledge of us. F*** the lot of them!

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He also had the ability to make moments epic with his commentary. 2002 world cup was his prime.

Like this lol

I was a year old when Motson commentated on this one in 1981 Wolves v Villa.

Check the ground, its come along way since then lol

Edited by Dave-R

31 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

he did

• Like 1

Â