The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

may be an unpopular opinion but I personally want to see Kane and Grealish playing together at club level and think it a disgrace that such a great talent is being held back by playing in an inferior team.

therefore I hope to see us bidding for Harry in the winter transfer window

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, useless said:

He signed a five year contract on September 15th of this year, barely two months ago, no idea why people are so obssessed with talking about him leaving. Yes there's likely to be interest in the summer, but we knew that a week ago, but no one was talking about it then, it's only being talked about now because of made up clickbait articles.

Or that everyone can see now how good he actually is not just villa fans

He just dominated the worlds best international team. No doubt there are going to be bids jan or even summer 

Well like I said everyone could see how good he was a week ago, but there wasn't this level of talk about him leaving, the only reason it's being talked about now to the extent that it is is because of those clickbait articles from the weekend.

And people are very naive if they think that other fans didn't rate Grealish before these last two international games, everyone could see what a good player he is, it's not some new revelation to other fans just because he's had a couple of good games for England.

Edited by useless

14 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Do you think its better that he doesn't have a release clause?

Yes. I never understand why people WANT release clauses in our players' contracts. No release clause is better than a release clause.

The only way a release clause is good for us is if it persuades a player to sign if they wouldn't have signed without one.

13 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

The top 5 release clauses:

image.png.a828ba4852af7651fad6d4b6405d6ea8.png

None of those are realistic and in there so the players are assured that they will be allowed to leave!

No they're not. They're in there because it's law in Spain that players have to have a release clause, so they set them ridiculously high so that they comply legally but nobody would ever pay them (except for Neymar)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I'd like to see Grealish played in the middle for an hour against Iceland. Sat just behind Kane or Calvert-Lewin. I reckon it would be devastating.

Would be if he got injured. He needs a rest, we have to protect Jack like Klopp protects his players. I hope Smiths on the phone to Jack to congrate him and ask him to rest for the next game. Maybe a cameo role of the bench. He has nothing left to prove. 

There will no doubt be interest and speculation, there always is when a player from a club outside the top 6 is a world beater. 

But we're in a better position than we've ever been while Jack has been a senior player at this club. He's had plenty of chances to go and hasn't taken them. I'm not overly worried, and I'd suggest only a handful of clubs in the world can afford him now anyway given the length of his contract. 

28 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

may be an unpopular opinion but I personally want to see Kane and Grealish playing together at club level and think it a disgrace that such a great talent is being held back by playing in an inferior team.

therefore I hope to see us bidding for Harry in the winter transfer window

lol...it does give me immense pleasure to imagine levy sitting at home watching that last night thinking "20m...that's all it would have taken...and these two could have been linking up like this for spurs"

said it before...spurs and man u have had their chance. the fees being discussed are somehow the same as those mentioned over the summer. i don't see why jack would join the likes of utd now. they aren't getting champions league again this season, not investing in the squad, and are the laughing stock of the country. we however will continue to pump money into the team until we're playing on the biggest stage. surely jack wants a piece of that? leading HIS team out at villa park with the champions league anthem playing. it might not be this year, or next, but it feasible within 5 years with our spending power and the young talent we have

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

If we continue our current form there will be interest in more than just Grealish, but it's pointless going on and on about it unless we hear of concrete bid. Transfer windows not even open at the moment. We've had a very good start to the season, so don't see the point in focusing on such negatives until we have to.

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I'd like to see Grealish played in the middle for an hour against Iceland. Sat just behind Kane or Calvert-Lewin. I reckon it would be devastating.

The players wouldn't be available for Iceland but  longer term , If Southgate sacrificed a CB , he could easily have  a CM of Rice or Henderson or Phillips alongside  Mount  or Barkley :)

Jack in front of them in a free role and then a front trio from Sterling - Kane - Rashford -Greenwood -  Fodden

Can't see it happening , but I'd imagine those attacking options would  scare quite a lot of teams

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes. I never understand why people WANT release clauses in our players' contracts. No release clause is better than a release clause.

The only way a release clause is good for us is if it persuades a player to sign if they wouldn't have signed without one.

I guess so, I was looking at it as a deterrent like you stated below, a high gtd fee would ward off unwanted interest.

It would stop any rocking of the boat as it were if we make it clear he will not be sold at any cost.

The fact that Roy Keane has absolutely nothing at all bad to say about him clearly shows his character. We know Keane likes to pop shots at players in his post match commentary slot and he worked with Jack/knows his character well, but he is in awe of him. It's refreshing to see all the praise he is getting, fully deserved he must be buzzing. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I guess so, I was looking at it as a deterrent like you stated below, a high gtd fee would ward off unwanted interest.

But that's not how they work. A release clause isn't a fee that a buying club HAS TO pay otherwise the player can't leave.

It's a fee that if a selling club matches, we have no say in whether the player stays or goes.

A buying club can still bid whatever they want for the player and it's just like normal, we can reject the bid. If Spurs want to sign Bale permanently they don't have to pay £423m because that's his release clause, they can pay whatever Madrid will accept.

As above the spanish release clause fees are ridiculously high because they're legally obliged to insert one. So they put in insanely high ones so that they aren't breakign the law, but nobody will actually pay them.

If we have a release clause in Jack's contract, it's almost certainly there because Jack and his agent requested it. That means it will be something that's affordable. They wouldn't request a release clause that's insanely high because therew would be no point. And we wouldn't have inserted a clause off our own backs because it's needlessly giving clubs a fee that they can pay and we would have no say as to whether Jack stays or goes.

Without a release clause, we can theoretically charge whatever we want for Jack. With a release clause we would have set an amount where we get no say. And like I said if there is one it would have been requested by Jack so it's probably affordable, which would be terrible for us.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Him and McGinn sharing the limelight of BBC Sport's headline article...

Been too long since we had quality international players in our team, and long may it continue.

20201116_095943.jpg

Yes, I noticed that this morning too. As a club our profile is rising and rising. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

He signed a five year contract on September 15th of this year, barely two months ago, no idea why people are so obssessed with talking about him leaving. Yes there's likely to be interest in the summer, but we knew that a week ago, but no one was talking about it then, it's only being talked about now because of made up clickbait articles.

My worry comes from any small print clauses that were included in that last contract, combined with his stratospheric rise in the national eyes!

• Like 1

Â