The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

There are some fascinating posts throughout the years. This thread is going to be a goldmine for internet archaeologists in 10 years when he's captained us to consecutive European titles

Oh Christ. Hopefully they'll not find my frankly embarrassing attempt to coin a jack grealish song to the tune of the stereophonics 'Local boy in the photograph'

I must have been going through an awkward teenage phase (in my 30's) :blush:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are some absolutely horrific #takes in that area, yeah, and to be honest I seem to have been responsible for a chunk of them :crylaugh:

My favourite is suggesting that his attitude isn't good enough, so he'd never have the career of Duncan Watmore :crylaugh:🔮

You could easily argue that his attitude at the time was holding him back... you could also argue he was doing what any 20 year old with tens of thousands of pounds in the bank was doing. Whether he would change was always a question.  Duncan Watmore though.... 😂

Glad he got it out his system, he turned it around and hasn't stopped improving since (lockdown slip up aside - although much more "intelligent" people in much more critical public eye roles did similar lockdown breaches).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not gonna lie i am getting concerned at the volume of ganes jacks now playing. Another needless game tonight that he is starting it looks like.

Followed by Saturday.  I would rather he dont play tonight tbh

same...hopefully traore is fit now though...sail into a 3-0 lead saturday and sub jack at half time

Apparently picked up a slight knock against Belgium, Not surprised how many times  he got fouled again. 

Personally hope he's already on the M6 heading North. 4 games in 9 games is not good for him or the villa. 

Risking injury in a pointless micky mouse meaningless friendly is insane. 

**** England and **** Southgate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, I'm really disappointed that he's playing tonight.

Give the kid a rest, he's proved himself. 

Firstly, the game is tomorrow and secondly, you don't know the starting line up yet! 😂

Hopefully Dean has been on the blower to find out what Southgates intentions are and to make sure hes not going to play 90 min! 

16 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

There are some fascinating posts throughout the years. This thread is going to be a goldmine for internet archaeologists in 10 years when he's captained us to consecutive European titles

I was working on a rail project in early 2012 and there was another villa fan there who was mates with Jack. He asked if i'd heard of him which I had but didn't know much about him. He was basically 'mate he's going to be "the bollocks". I guess he was proved right!

26 minutes ago, birdman said:

Firstly, the game is tomorrow and secondly, you don't know the starting line up yet! 😂

Hopefully Dean has been on the blower to find out what Southgates intentions are and to make sure hes not going to play 90 min! 

Got the date wrong but its reported he is starting the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Sterling not fit to play for his country yet will play for his club on return, yet Grealish available to play every game, even when carrying a knock, it shows who wants to play for their country more. 

It shows whose manager is pulling strings to keep them fresh for their club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Got the date wrong but its reported he is starting the game. 

Sorry didnt realise it had been confirmed! Eeek 😬 Oh god please don't get injured. That said if he puts in another MOTM performance will be an incredible start to his England career. Will have to watch from behind the sofa though 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

At this point in time the club have to let Grealish do whatever he wants to. From his post match interview, you could easily see how much playing for England means to him.  He loves football and clearly grew up wanting to score a winning goal for Villa in Cup final. He will also have dreamt about doing the same for England.

Whether you care about the national side or not, Jack does. And if he needs to play these games to establish himself in the team before Euro 2021, then he is going to do that. And Dean and Co would be mad to stop him at the risk of him losing his place.  Sterling has the luxury of years of good will so the same doesn't apply to him at this point in time.  Jack will get that luxury (and may already have it if we had an England manager with a brain), but for now he is still trying to justify a place over Sancho or Sterling and cannot take that risk. We shouldnt be asking him to against his will either. 

I do agree with this. When you put yourself in his shoes you have to grasp the opportunity no matter what. He want to score for England and you never know what's around the corner so live for the now! 

Â