The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

What a performance. All he did tonight was reaffirm everything we all knew and had been saying for years; aswell as showing every other player in a white shirt just how lucky they are to be playing for the national team. They all need to step it up because they arent good enough. Head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

The possibilities at Villa now are endless, I think Jack knows this too, we can be such a force in these next few years. The club need to take full advantage on the pitch and as a marketing strategy because Jack is the 2020 Beckham. Aston Villa are back on the map and it only took 1 year since coming back up. What a player. What a guy. My captain 😍

Steady on !

I thought Jack was the most dangerous player on  the pitch last night. Belgium were scared of him

I really don't know what Kane was playing at dropping deep and trying to run at player and play through balls. He just got in Jack and Mounts way. We had two playmaker behind and he is playing like he has two speed merchants wide of him. 

• Like 1

The club have to match his ambition. If you want to keep one of the best players in the world then you need to surround him with quality. 

Barkley and to an extent Watkins, are the first players we’ve signed that are on his level. We need a couple more and I see no reason why we can’t compete for the top 4. 

The key is keeping this group of players together and building on what we have. Grealish isn’t just the best player in the league (in my opinion), he’s also the reason so many players will join and why we’ll sell out every week when the fans are back. 

The club has to be strong enough to turn down bids of 100m+. 

For what it’s worth, and I know some will disagree, I’d love us to sign two pacey, quality wingers and play Jack as the 10, just pulling the strings. Jack is brilliant on the left wing because he is a world class player but then he’d be our best player in any position. From the middle, I can just see him dominating matches and picking teams apart. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Now we can't qualify I should expect Ming's and Grealish to be rested against Iceland. Give other players game time

Whilst I'm all for saving them for us, I'm also now buzzing for England for the first time in years and would like them to play the best 11 as often as possible for them to gel. Let's go and win the Euros in spite of the manager.

Just now, darrenm said:

I'd like to see Grealish played in the middle for an hour against Iceland. Sat just behind Kane or Calvert-Lewin. I reckon it would be devastating.

Kane
Rashford Sterling
Jack
Mount Henderson

Why can the whole country see it but the manager can’t? You play that front 6 and you have a very good chance of winning the euros. 

• Like 4

Just now, Follyfoot said:

The majority of our friends over at SHA seem to have a slightly different view of our captain's performance last night 🤣

2 sets of fans allowing jealousy to make them look like Muppets:

Leeds and SHA

All others are waxing lyrical about him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'd like to see Grealish played in the middle for an hour against Iceland. Sat just behind Kane or Calvert-Lewin. I reckon it would be devastating.

yeah i agree, if southgates got any sense (he hasnt) he'll now see that grealish is his most creative player and drives us forward and will use the iceland game to have a play with the shape

failing that i think he'll play saka and jack down the left and i expect them 2 to play very well again

21 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Spurs fans on social media sounding off saying: “Jose should sell Dele Alli and sign Grealish”

Entitled pack of arseholes.

I hate Spurs and their fans so much...

We were practically packing his bags for him a few years ago.

3m plus Onomah. That's got to sting now.

We practically gift wrapped him for them.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

They keep getting him in front the camera. His profile is going through the roof. 

thats what i was thinking when i saw that tweet, the FA know he's marketing gold, his looks and his style, they can put him on the face of everything, said before watching all or nothing spurs the first thing jose says to kane is he needs to grow his profile off the pitch, jack will overtake him as the face of the england team 

if only nike bring back the scorpion 3v3 tournament advert! get jack on it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I can’t believe so many people are still talking about £100m. I find that valuation very silly.

It’s £200m+. World record fee if we ever sell him, but hopefully we won’t have to.

Absolutely 100% agree. £100m isn't what it used to be in football and would be a laughably low price for a priceless, irreplaceable generational talent like Jack. It's nowhere near enough to tempt us I would hope. 

• Like 1

In the summer a fee of £80-100 million was banded about for Jack and I personally thought then it was low.

What now? £160million, £200million?

If Jack goes it has to be a) because he wants to leave, b) for astronomical amounts of money.

Jack Grealish for his playing ability, charisma etc is invaluable for the profile and future of AVFC.

So dare I ask, in theory if he was to go how much for his replacement and who? Surely it would be £200million to find a player capable of filling his boots?

Â