The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So now the world finally knows how good he is and Jack knows the standard he needs to maintain to stay in that england team (not squad).

I think the increase in his own personal stock this season is incredible, it's like hes just raised the bar with his performance beyond a level most of us had seen before.

We'll be due a hell of a lot of transfer speculation, in looking forward to seeing what the club does to keep a player like Jack.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2020 at 19:24, MotoMkali said:

Because you set an absolutely ridiculous fee. It gives both the player and the club protection. If the club start failing the player can get out but the club can point to the release clause and go only for that amount. If there is a release clause it will be north of 200 million. 

So 5 billion then??

49 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Just went back randomly to page 500 and found a quote from myself criticising someone for saying he is a poor man's Barry bannan. A poor man's Barry bannan!! 😂😂😂😂 

Going back can be quite fun!

40 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It gets particularly rough for Jack after page 400. He's done well to turn that around so spectacularly.

There are some absolutely horrific #takes in that area, yeah, and to be honest I seem to have been responsible for a chunk of them :crylaugh:

My favourite is suggesting that his attitude isn't good enough, so he'd never have the career of Duncan Watmore :crylaugh:🔮

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are some absolutely horrific #takes in that area, yeah, and to be honest I seem to have been responsible for a chunk of them :crylaugh:

My favourite is suggesting that his attitude isn't good enough, so he'd never have the career of Duncan Watmore :crylaugh:🔮

I was literally just reading that. You made a good point actually, but adding that he was going places is where you got unstuck :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was literally just reading that. You made a good point actually, but adding that he was going places is where you got unstuck :lol: 

some of these posts gonna end up looking like the bloke on the right5bc45a7215e9f9692d1403e2.jpg

1900 pages, it's a big job, but if I get cracking now I might be done in time for daybreak

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just went back to page 400. We were all very angry and disappointed with Jack it seems. 

I myself questioned him being the captain around 12 months ago for not being the calmer head when things kicked off. I still loved him, I just thought it might be a bit early, I think he’s found the balance now. Easy to forget he’s only 25. I’m happy to eat my bit of humble pie, looking back.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We were practically packing his bags for him a few years ago.

3m plus Onomah. That's got to sting now.

We practically gift wrapped him for them.

Exactly... and the only reason he wanted to go then was because it was to help us out financially because we were against the wall...

Then NSWE saved us and he stayed.... and we came up... and he stayed again...

Then we stayed up... and he stayed again...

Jack doesnt want to leave us as long as we keep improving...

And thats lovely...

But it doesnt stop Spurs, their owners, their players and every single last one of their fans...

Being a snivelling pack of entitled *** ****s

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We were practically packing his bags for him a few years ago.

3m plus Onomah. That's got to sting now.

We practically gift wrapped him for them.

and thats a good point well made...

Daniel Levy...

He KNEW we were on our knees...

Yet he still tried to bend us over and grease us up...

What I am trying to say is...

**** Tottenham Hotspurs....

I legit hate that club and everything about them more than I hate the Blues...

• Like 2

I don't know what everyone else's views are on this...

I saw two guys (pretty sure non-Villa fans) debating on Twitter about Grealish, and one said the reason for his drastic improvement is due to his decision making improving immensely as it used to be poor.

I personally think that is a load of bollocks! IMO Jack's decision making and choice to always do what's right for a particular move has always been excellent, his best attribute IMO along with his technical ability of course.

I think the main reason for his improvement in numbers is obviously a) being played further forward, but b) having the improved physique which has allowed him to gain bags of confidence and back himself to go past a player, and stay past them. In games gone by over the years, some games he would struggle to establish himself physically in a game, and would sometimes lack the confidence to take players on. That has now vanished. He can now get into dangerous areas more often and has always had the intelligence to then pick the right pass (which he often weights perfectly) or decide to shoot.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Oh and BTW...there's been no drastic improvement to us. We have seen this class for years!

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I saw two guys (pretty sure non-Villa fans) debating on Twitter about Grealish, and one said the reason for his drastic improvement is due to his decision making improving immensely as it used to be poor.

I personally think that is a load of bollocks! IMO Jack's decision making and choice to always do what's right for a particular move has always been excellent, his best attribute IMO along with his technical ability of course.

I think the main reason for his improvement in numbers is obviously a) being played further forward, but b) having the improved physique which has allowed him to gain bags of confidence and back himself to go past a player, and stay past them. In games gone by over the years, some games he would struggle to establish himself physically in a game, and would sometimes lack the confidence to take players on. That has now vanished. He can now get into dangerous areas more often and has always had the intelligence to then pick the right pass (which he often weights perfectly) or decide to shoot.

Oh and BTW...there's been no drastic improvement to us. We have seen this class for years!

A lot of people exposing themselves as not having watched him at all really. His decision making is one of his best assets and why he was so devastating in the Championship.

I don't get why people have to pretend to be experts on football. I don't know much about say, Trossard for example as I don't watch many Brighton games. Therefore you wouldn't catch me making sweeping statements about him. People just don't like to admit that they were wrong or that they don't know what they're talking about I guess. Never understood it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I think it's 100% that he has developed physique, pace and natural fitness in general. My biggest gripe with him on the wing 2-3 years ago was that he didn't have the directness in his play. He's some how turned that upside down and is now very good at it. 

If he has a weakness atm. it's probably his shooting, but even Messi can't do everything. 

All though to be fair, looking back at the Liverpool performance years ago, he seemed to be fairly direct, but I wonder if senior players kicked it out of him, and he responded to being more playmaker'esque defending himself with baiting fouls and shielding the ball. Which kinda has made him become very good at both being direct and dwelling on the ball. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

I think he still needs that end product in terms of goals. After the run against Leeds he scores. After he turns inside and has that shot from edge of area against Belgium it nestles in the top corner. 

Once these attempts start going in he will go from being a very good player in to a great player.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he still needs that end product in terms of goals. After the run against Leeds he scores. After he turns inside and has that shot from edge of area against Belgium it nestles in the top corner. 

Once these attempts start going in he will go from being a very good player in to a great player.

I agree about his finishing and shooting needing improving. He needs to snap shoot sometimes, I find his whined up for his shots are quite long but I'm VERY critical 

10 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Jeez going back to page 400 brings back all the horrors of the last 10 years. Thank God those times are over.

It wasn't that long ago, that fans on here wanted Callum O'Hare starting ahead of him. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not gonna lie i am getting concerned at the volume of ganes jacks now playing. Another needless game tonight that he is starting it looks like.

Followed by Saturday.  I would rather he dont play tonight tbh

Yeah, I'm really disappointed that he's playing tonight.

Give the kid a rest, he's proved himself. 

• Like 2

Â