The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Funny as the game went on it turned into give the ball to Grealish tactics

And annoyingly every time he gave it to someone else eff all happened. 

Unlucky that he didn't get an assist, mostly due to poor finishing. Unlucky not to get a goal, due to a great block. Created plenty and looked the best player on the pitch. 

Solid first half, exceptional second half,  and yet there were still moments I felt he played it too safe. After the 5th time he played someone in and they did nothing with it he should have taken some more shots on himself. But even then, he still did more than everyone else combined. And even with my hyper critical specs on, that was a great overall performance.

Must give him the belief he can deliver against anyone and playing with anyone.  Feels so good that he's a Villan. 

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Best player on the pitch by a mile, ran the game, created loads of chances and his team lost 2-0. That sounds exactly like Grealish last season

Just read on a certain forum that De Bruyne was on a different planet to every England player and Jack was just ok.

Personally, I thought KDB was very average and Jack was the best player on the pitch by a fair bit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Cole saying grealish isn't the same player as he was last season. He is exactly the same player his teammates are just better now. 

No I disagree, Jack is even better this season. He ran games for us. But now he is more a physical specimen. He seems a lot quicker this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

No I disagree, Jack is even better this season. He ran games for us. But now he is more a physical specimen. He seems a lot quicker this season.

He would have done the exact same for England. His production has directly increased due to the improved quality of the players around him. 

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Just read on a certain forum that De Bruyne was on a different planet to every England player and Jack was just ok.

Personally, I thought KDB was very average and Jack was the best player on the pitch by a fair bit.

Belgium were solid and organised but nothing more. We should have got something from that. Jack aside, our transition play was too slow for my liking. As Carragher kept droning on about... we do need a bit more pace in the side. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I think KDB just kept it simple once they got the lead. He no longer had to control the game as they just put men behind the ball. 

Jack had to try and make things happen. Kane aside I don’t think other players were quite on his level. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

Belgium were solid and organised but nothing more. We should have got something from that. Jack aside, our transition play was too slow for my liking. As Carragher kept droning on about... we do need a bit more pace in the side. 

It isn't just about pace though. Villa don't have much pace but so far we have been one of the best counter attacking sides in the league this season because Luiz, McGinn and barkley can all run with the ball and pick out a runner. None of the midfielders England played today can do that which either forces you to bypass them completely like what happened for Belgiums first or you play it through them and you just dither around in your half. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

yes he's improving every season and from what Grealish says he wants to keep improving. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree. He seems to be able to pull away from players better than last season. Fantastic turn of pace. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It isn't just about pace though. Villa don't have much pace but so far we have been one of the best counter attacking sides in the league this season because Luiz, McGinn and barkley can all run with the ball and pick out a runner. None of the midfielders England played today can do that which either forces you to bypass them completely like what happened for Belgiums first or you play it through them and you just dither around in your half. 

Totally agree.  So many times I was expecting the kind of forward passes (often to Jack) which I would see a Villa player make, but instead the player with the ball just layed it back or turned the other way.  

At times it was any option other than pass forwards. 

Also a reluctance to take anyone on...except for Jack of course. 

• Like 1

Â