The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He hit 1m Instagram followers 3 weeks ago.  He's up to 1.1m already.  Going to be a marketing dream. 

I note he's got a deal with Nike.  What's to stop Nassef arranging a massive deal with Adidas to supplement his Villa wages? They'll surely be fighting for his signature, I assume these things are renewable. 

Edited by sidcow

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He hit 1m Instagram followers 3 weeks ago.  He's up to 1.1m already. 

Thats good. 

In comparison to some other footballers in the Premier League:

David Luiz - 19m

Rodrigez - 45m

Bale - 43m

Ozil - 20m

John Terry - 2.7m

Raheem Sterling - 2.1m

Harry Kane - 9.9m

Sturridge - 2.6m

Rooney - 8.3m

Walcott - 1.9m

Edited by ender4

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Thats good. 

David Luiz - 19m

Rodrigez - 45m

Bale - 43m

Ozil - 20m

John Terry - 2.7m

Raheem Sterling - 2.1m

Harry Kane - 9.9m

Sturridge - 2.6m

Rooney - 8.3m

Walcott - 1.9m

I bet he's ahead of Sterling by the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Thats good. 

David Luiz - 19m

Rodrigez - 45m

Bale - 43m

Ozil - 20m

John Terry - 2.7m

Raheem Sterling - 2.1m

Harry Kane - 9.9m

Sturridge - 2.6m

Rooney - 8.3m

Walcott - 1.9m

Trez - 4.4m

Samatta - 1.9m

Elmo - 0.9m

I'm not sure how strong the insta follower number to marketability correlation is

• Like 1

Tbh 1 million Instagram followers is about what any random chick with a nice butt or some guy who was on a reality TV-show has.

But it's a start.

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Trez - 4.4m

Samatta - 1.9m

Elmo - 0.9m

I'm not sure how strong the insta follower number to marketability correlation is

for overseas players i reckon it's mainly shirt sales. i reckon we have shipped a few off to egypt in recent years.

for english players, probably just sponsorship...but do we as a club get a slice if jack signs a big deal with Pepsi or something?

Grealish keeps getting better and better and the England appearances will let the world know what we already do.

One thing that baffles me, for a player that is undoubtedly world class, why is he so average at set pieces? Not that it matters, it just doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

One thing that baffles me, for a player that is undoubtedly world class, why is he so average at set pieces? Not that it matters, it just doesn't make sense.

You would have to imagine that he just doesn't practice them much.

There's a bit of cross over with dead ball practice and shooting/crossing practice so some players can be quite good without excessively working on them but the best ones have invariably put in the 10,000 hours doing specific FK drills.

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What's to stop Nassef arranging a massive deal with Adidas to supplement his Villa wages? They'll surely be fighting for his signature, I assume these things are renewable. 

The same thing that's stopping me and you telling companies we have shares in what to do, he doesn't run the company or own anywhere near a majority.

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The same thing that's stopping me and you telling companies we have shares in what to do, he doesn't run the company or own anywhere near a majority.

He's the biggest shareholder and sits on their supervisory board.  He will have massive influence of what goes on there, if he whispers in someone's ear they will hear it loud and clear.

It's not at all like me with my 300 increasingly worthless Lloyds Bank shares telling them what to do at all.

44 minutes ago, sne said:

Tbh 1 million Instagram followers is about what any random chick with a nice butt or some guy who was on a reality TV-show has.

But it's a start.

My original point was he hit a milestone just 3 weeks ago and now he's already 10% of the way to the next million.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

My original point was he his a milestone just 3 weeks ago and now he's already 10% of the way to the next million.

Absolutely, and with the England exposure it will no doubt rise pretty quickly.

Great to see him doing so well and finally being appreciated by the wider public, but I just get the dreadful feeling that it inevitably brings his departure closer.

We have to just appreciate him while we have him, and be thankful that we got these owners when we did, or he would already have been long gone.

What a guy, and how iconic he has been for us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's the biggest shareholder and sits on their supervisory board.  He will have massive influence of what goes on there, if he whispers in someone's ear they will hear it loud and clear.

It's not at all like me with my 300 increasingly worthless Lloyds Bank shares telling them what to do at all.

I get what you're saying but he still only owns 6%. I don't think the owners of the other 94% would even consider allowing him to use company profits to supplement a player's wages if it didn't make commercial sense for them.

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It will come down to a business case. If he can prove a business case by proposing by him investing heavily in Villa, and keeping Jack, the Adidas deal is worth a lot more than what we have had currently then it will likely work. 

All it offers us is a greater opportunity to be heard. If the numbers don't stack up it won't happen. 

Grealish now has a huge marketing opportunity now he's being seen by a much wider base. Villa should have (to quote knob Johnson) an "oven ready plan" to build on this opportunity. It's something the club should be doing and reaching out to swanky sports agencies to obtain the right roadmap to achieve this.

TBF Addidas marketing agencies will be able to nail it, another backdoor opportunity. (oooh Matron)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I get what you're saying but he still only owns 6%. I don't think the owners of the other 94% would even consider allowing him to use company profits to supplement a player's wages if it didn't make commercial sense for them.

Obviously not but he could convince them to offer a larger fee. So Adidas only makes say 40% profit instead of 50%.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No

Why not? Watkins has experience playing as a winger is clearly a big game player I.e Liverpool arsenal, is scoring for fun, and is both rapid and strong so can work to hold the ball up and run in behind unlike sterling or rashford. 

Â