The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree....but familiarity breeds contempt.

I think Jack is even better than what we think....but we see his average games too, but they had them too.

yes Im talking about numbers though. Best got over 30 goals in the 67/68 season. If Jack which all his great footballing ability can get those numbers up to 15/20 goals a season with all the assists then he is is right up there with the best ever. 

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But that's not how they work. A release clause isn't a fee that a buying club HAS TO pay otherwise the player can't leave.

It's a fee that if a selling club matches, we have no say in whether the player stays or goes.

A buying club can still bid whatever they want for the player and it's just like normal, we can reject the bid. If Spurs want to sign Bale permanently they don't have to pay £423m because that's his release clause, they can pay whatever Madrid will accept.

As above the spanish release clause fees are ridiculously high because they're legally obliged to insert one. So they put in insanely high ones so that they aren't breakign the law, but nobody will actually pay them.

If we have a release clause in Jack's contract, it's almost certainly there because Jack and his agent requested it. That means it will be something that's affordable. They wouldn't request a release clause that's insanely high because therew would be no point. And we wouldn't have inserted a clause off our own backs because it's needlessly giving clubs a fee that they can pay and we would have no say as to whether Jack stays or goes.

Without a release clause, we can theoretically charge whatever we want for Jack. With a release clause we would have set an amount where we get no say. And like I said if there is one it would have been requested by Jack so it's probably affordable, which would be terrible for us.

Ahhh, I have been enlightened, thanks for explaining it, I genuinely and completely had the wrong end of the stick. Thanks @Stevo985

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Has Harry Kane changed his game lately?

Neven seen him dropping so deep before. Might become a problem as he is roaming into spaces Jack wants to be in.

Yes, he's been doing this for the last year or two at Spurs.

I don't think it's an issue for Jack. It does mean England need at least one winger/forward who gets in behind, though. I'd really like to see Kane, Grealish, Sterling all starting together.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Has Harry Kane changed his game lately?

Neven seen him dropping so deep before. Might become a problem as he is roaming into spaces Jack wants to be in.

Yeah - he has.  Doesn't make sense with Jack in the team now though.

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yeah - he has.  Doesn't make sense with Jack in the team now though.

Mourinho has changed his game May work for Tottenham with Son but without Rashford or Sterling it didn't make sense. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kane is a very good player. With Rashford, Sterling and Grealish in behind him, we have the best forward line in Europe (barring France perhaps). 

Yes Southgate needs to work a way of getting all 4 in the team instead of having donkeys like Dier in the team. Play to the teams strengths attacking!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

My worry comes from any small print clauses that were included in that last contract, combined with his stratospheric rise in the national eyes!

Small print clauses? He's a player not an insurance policy on a flat screen.

There will be no small print clauses. Or any release clauses for that matter. Its Grealish, not some mercenary from another club. He wouldn't have insisted on one and we wouldn't either for obvious reasons.

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Mourinho has changed his game May work for Tottenham with Son but without Rashford or Sterling it didn't make sense. 

yeah exactly this. Works great when you have a player like Son who effectively bursts from midfield and becomes a striker when Kane drops deep. Won't be as effective for England unless we find someone to play that role (but I don't think we have a player like that)

56 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ahhh, I have been enlightened, thanks for explaining it, I genuinely and completely had the wrong end of the stick. Thanks @Stevo985

No worries. I think it's a really common misconception. You always see fans saying "I hope we have a big release clause in there!" and I'm always thinking "why?!"

No release clause is always better for the club. Unless, like I said, you've used it to entice a player to sign who otherwise wouldn't have signed. If Grealish wouldn't have signed a contract without a £100m release clause in there then that's of course a good thing for us. But it would come from his side

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Small print clauses? He's a player not an insurance policy on a flat screen.

There will be no small print clauses. Or any release clauses for that matter. Its Grealish, not some mercenary from another club. He wouldn't have insisted on one and we wouldn't either for obvious reasons.

I love the thought of that, unfortunately Im not so confident.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kane is a very good player. With Rashford, Sterling and Grealish in behind him, we have the best forward line in Europe (barring France perhaps). 

Including France IMO. We've also got the best attacking fullback pairing. This squad is crying out to play 4-2-3-1, only Gary can't see it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Including France IMO. We've also got the best attacking fullback pairing. This squad is crying out to play 4-2-3-1, only Gary can't see it.

Yes he's tried the three at the back. It failed we finished third in the group which isn't good enough. We want to win the euros and next world cup with this amazing crop of players. Martinez has got the best out of the Belgium squad to get them to no.1 in the world. We have more talent than Belgium have now. 

Edited by PaulC

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

yeah exactly this. Works great when you have a player like Son who effectively bursts from midfield and becomes a striker when Kane drops deep. Won't be as effective for England unless we find someone to play that role (but I don't think we have a player like that)

Watkins? 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Watching the match i thought Grealish and Kane seemed to be wanting to occupy a similar position edge of the box.

Rather odd as they did get in each other's way at times!

The issue was there was no movement around them. Last night I was thinking of sakas own goal against us several times when jack was stood up on the corner of their box and none of the midfielders or wingers moved to try and create space they were just ball watching. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Sterling played this role in the World Cup, didn't he? More of a striker than a midfielder, but he was playing centrally and giving Kane licence to drop deeper.

These heatmaps are quite interesting:

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/eng-30-0624-eng-pan-playersheatmap-pdf-2967278.pdf?cloudid=ab5wmqruavc9ucve0gkz

England - Panama 6 : 1 ( 5 : 0 )

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/eng-62-0711-cro-eng-playersheatmap-pdf-2985126.pdf?cloudid=cwdi0e2ztlq6umhq29fc

Croatia - England 2 : 1 AET (1 : 1, 0 : 1)

I think we could play a 4-1-3-2. Very attacking lineup, but gets most of the best talent into the side, and Mount/Kane/Sterling are all good enough to drop deeper when needed:

McCarthy
Trent  ???    Mings   Saka
          Rice
   Sancho Mount Grealish
      Kane   Sterling

Â