The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He would have done the exact same for England. His production has directly increased due to the improved quality of the players around him. 

Yes the players around him being better, show his qualities better. I’m not disputing that. But surely you can see how he has improved physically this season? 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's the new Leeds United.

on a serious point i have found myself questioning this...as so many people on social media are still saying overrated, dives too much etc and wonder if this is how leeds fans feel when they get bigged up left right and centre

but in jack's case, the stats back it up. taking subjectivity out of the equation, statistially he was the england's best player tonight

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Gentlemen we have just witnessed the birth of a superstar

I've had this thought at about 12 different times with Grealish, I think each time was actually more akin to stages in the life cycle of an actual star. But they are happening faster and faster.

His performances in the 10 win run, dragging us to safety, destroying Liverpool, first England start MOTM, Destroying Arsenal, first competitive England start MOTM.

He's gone through nebula, protostar, star, red giant. Everyone is raving about him. He'll go full supernova in the Euros I think.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Totally agree.  So many times I was expecting the kind of forward passes (often to Jack) which I would see a Villa player make, but instead the player with the ball just layed it back or turned the other way.  

At times it was any option other than pass forwards. 

Also a reluctance to take anyone on...except for Jack of course. 

The thing is whilst we don't have Luiz and mcginn we have players who are similar enough to actually give us that and they offer other things as well. Ward-prowse good DM, passer, set-piece taker and actually pretty good with the ball at his feet, mount, maddison etc. We have real quality and Southgate refuses to use it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

No I disagree, Jack is even better this season. He ran games for us. But now he is more a physical specimen. He seems a lot quicker this season.

Agree totally. It’s like the year Bale just stepped up physically and started dominating people. Jack’s always done that with skill, now it’s skill and power. Ronaldo went through the same transition but I think the Bale comparison is a better one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think tonight he has moved onto another level in the eyes of non Villa fans.

The performance tonight was no different from the performances he showed us for the last 3 years.But for him to do it against supposedly the number 1 team in the world just shows how far he can go.

If anything I think international football might suit him more than than the premier league.The free kicks he wins in danger areas could be crucial and I don’t think international teams can assign 2 or 3 players to close him down.

His problem is the lack of creativity in midfield .How often did Henderson or Rice have the ball and just pass it sideways or back to the defence.Jack needs someone in Midfield to give him the ball quickly and Jack needs a forward with great pace (Sterling).

Only then will England be as good Villa at the moment.

• Like 3

Such is Jack's ability and style its never really mattered the level of opponent he's up against. What is making a difference now is he's so much stronger and quicker and has the opposition scared before he's kicked a ball. That reputation is now growing exponentially. The next level for him is honing these skills and trying to be a bit more deadly in and around the box. Obviously he's not a striker so that's easier said than done but ramping up the goals really would put him into the highest echelons of football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

It isn't just about pace though. Villa don't have much pace but so far we have been one of the best counter attacking sides in the league this season because Luiz, McGinn and barkley can all run with the ball and pick out a runner. None of the midfielders England played today can do that which either forces you to bypass them completely like what happened for Belgiums first or you play it through them and you just dither around in your half. 

Yes I do agree pace isn't the only issue. I was frustrated with "the dithering" as you put it and kept on shouting at the telly for them to move the ball quicker... and forwards preferably!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, birdman said:

Such is Jack's ability and style its never really mattered the level of opponent he's up against. What is making a difference now is he's so much stronger and quicker and has the opposition scared before he's kicked a ball. That reputation is now growing exponentially. The next level for him is honing these skills and trying to be a bit more deadly in and around the box. Obviously he's not a striker so that's easier said than done but ramping up the goals really would put him into the highest echelons of football. 

Imagine if he was the level he is now but knocking in 15 goals per season... he’s not a striker but he is more and more developing into a forward rather than a midfielder...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Totally agree.  So many times I was expecting the kind of forward passes (often to Jack) which I would see a Villa player make, but instead the player with the ball just layed it back or turned the other way.  

At times it was any option other than pass forwards. 

Also a reluctance to take anyone on...except for Jack of course. 

I thought the centre midfield was poor, Harry winks improved it a bit.....but not good enough for me.

21 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yes I do agree pace isn't the only issue. I was frustrated with "the dithering" as you put it and kept on shouting at the telly for them to move the ball quicker... and forwards preferably!

everything bar Jack and Kane was laboured.....Saka improved things a bit as did Winks.

• Like 2

Â