The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Finally. He only needs 20 mins at the end of a game and it'll be in his hands.

Edit: still think we need to publish the VillaTalk Gareth Southgate Facts book in time for Christmas.

you would think so but Sir Brian came on for 25 mins against Wales and ran the show but was never capped again

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Southgate has made himself look like a clown during all of this. Making comments about himself and Villa fans rather than about Jack's performance over the last year. 

Glad that Jack has got the call up but could the manager make it any more clear that he doesn't want him. 

Just fire to Jack I think 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This smacks of Brian Little all over again. A 20 minute cameo as a sub in which he basically wins the game, and then dropped for evermore. 

If he has another great season like he just has then there will be huge amounts of pressure on Southgate to have him on that plane heading to the Euros imo.

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This smacks of Brian Little all over again. A 20 minute cameo as a sub in which he basically wins the game, and then dropped for evermore. 

Great minds and all that 😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The fun will likely continue when Southgate is stubborn and refuses to play him anywhere but on the wing.

I think he would lose plenty of effectiveness playing on the right.

He will send him to wqrm up for 10 minutes qnd refuses to put him on. 

I actually sort of hope that happens because then the media will be aware its personal and go for his head

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Deserved call up, but knowing Southgate he won’t even get off the bench or make the match day squad, as it took players to drop out to finally get called up

This is exactly whats gonna happen

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

you would think so but Sir Brian came on for 25 mins against Wales and ran the show but was never capped again

I think things have changed now. A good performance would mean all Gareth Southgate's cheerleaders in the press insisting that Grealish needs to start, and he'd struggle to resist that pressure. His entire managerial strategy is to keep Henry Winter happy.

• Like 2

Â