The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Obviously going to Chelsea would be a bad career move but we only have ourselves to blame if we are offering an insulting £5k-per-week. Hopefully it is all just classic Daily Star BS.

thing is he could sign a 4 year deal with us, see it out, move there on a free and then have a 10 year career at chelsea

walk before he can run, he'll go the same way as chelsea's other potential wonderkids like mceachran, woods, taiwo, and you can soon add baker, solanke and brown, its a graveyard for younsgters

Haha at the Chelsea link

Grealish would just get farmed out to Vitesse Arnheim for 5 years and his career would go down the shitter

If his dad is his agent surely he would not want his son to commit career suicide

But i agree 5k a week is laughable

Edited by AshVilla

That's why you don t leave talks this late ffs

Chelsea would not be put off by a freshly signed 5 year deal if they really wanted a player. They paid £50m for Torres remember.

His loyalty and our will to keep him will be tested, it's an absolute certainty. If he stays this time it won't take long before we're having the same conversation again.

Its not about putting clubs off. Its about making sure we as a club don't lose out if our better players want to leave.

If we end up getting nothing for grealish it could be some of the worst business the clubs ever done.

give him 20k and be done with it. Sometimes you have to pay overs to keep quality. 20k in 1-2 years will not seem alot. Put a clause if he reaches certain targets a salary review is in place.

If we lose Grealish Delph and Vlaar at the end of the season that would be devastating.

This is a situation that could have and should have been sorted out a long time ago, I don't fault Jack's allegiance to Villa at all but if the club don't pull their fingers out we risk losing the best young player this club has had since Brian Little.

I just don't understand what those in charge (I have no idea which idiot runs the club and I guess neither do they!) are thinking as to why they are letting the contracts of the better players run down. We could lose not only Jack but Delph, Vlaar and Gabby at the end of the season, sorry but I don't see the bigger picture here.

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the over-hype of Grealish.

I'm not saying that he won't turn out to be a great player for us and beyond, but the lad has made a handful of appearances off the bench for us without scoring or creating a goal, and he's now the best young player we've had since Brian Little....

I suppose all I'm saying is let's wait and see.

That said, I would be upset if he walked for nothing at the end of the season. No promising player should be allowed to do that!

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the over-hype of Grealish.

I'm not saying that he won't turn out to be a great player for us and beyond, but the lad has made a handful of appearances off the bench for us without scoring or creating a goal, and he's now the best young player we've had since Brian Little....

I suppose all I'm saying is let's wait and see.

That said, I would be upset if he walked for nothing at the end of the season. No promising player should be allowed to do that!

People who consider him to be such a great player and talented youngster are referring to his performances in the youth team, international and games out on loan. Nobody would judge a player on the small handful of bit part games he's had with the first team. In regards to the regular football he has played, he's very highly rated and we're understood to have had a lot of offers for him over the last few years.

He isn't going to go to Chelsea, not unless he and the people who advise him are a. stupid and b. greedy and I don't see them being either of those things.

Moving there at this stage of his career would be the worst thing he can do.

Sadly though until we sort his contract there is going to be speculation about him because he is so eye catching.

give him 20k and be done with it. Sometimes you have to pay overs to keep quality. 20k in 1-2 years will not seem alot. Put a clause if he reaches certain targets a salary review is in place.

If we lose Grealish Delph and Vlaar at the end of the season that would be devastating.

Yea, and when he's 22/23 and he's in the final 18 months of his contract, he's played a seasons worth of games, done fairly well he'll say "Triple them wages please".

Giving a 19 year old kid with 4 first team appearances 20k a week gives us absolutely no wiggle room when they ask for their next contract.

I'm glad you aren't the money man, jesus christ.

Â