The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

No better place for Jack to develop than VP.

Based on the vast majority of academy players that come through the ranks, and fail, I just don't agree with this.

Quite shocking how many supposedly talented youth players we've had who just have not developed once they hit the first team:

Gabby, weimann to an extent, you could argue Barry as he came at such a young age, vassell? Who else really? We produce a lot of potential yet the clubs ability to maximise that is nothing short of abysmal in all honesty.

Ridgwell, Davis and Cahill all went on to have decent (and in some cases very good) premiership careers.

I think Gardner#s been a bit better at this level than Davis so he'd be in that list.

1000% disagree, Davies was brilliant for Hull last season. Much better than Craig Gardner imo. 

Based on the vast majority of academy players that come through the ranks, and fail, I just don't agree with this.

Quite shocking how many supposedly talented youth players we've had who just have not developed once they hit the first team:

Gabby, weimann to an extent, you could argue Barry as he came at such a young age, vassell? Who else really? We produce a lot of potential yet the clubs ability to maximise that is nothing short of abysmal in all honesty.

Ridgwell, Davis and Cahill all went on to have decent (and in some cases very good) premiership careers.

I think Gardner#s been a bit better at this level than Davis so he'd be in that list.

1000% disagree, Davies was brilliant for Hull last season. Much better than Craig Gardner imo. 

Steven Davis?

• Like 1

Cahill is the one that stings............

Yes, and the worst thing is that it wasn't because he wanted to go, or because he was out of contract.  It's because O'Neill in his infinite wisdom thought that Curtis Davies and Zat Knight were better defensive options.

• Like 4

Steven Davis?

Oh, my bad. Still disagree though he's never been a permanent starter for any other English club.

Lots of people saying on here that it would be a mistake to leave us now, well I really don't think we are in any position to call that. Who know's what he might be being promised by our club or even by another club if he spoke to them in Jan when he's available to do so.

Money matters, if someone offers him a great deal before we have got him tied down he would have to take a serious look at it. If we offered him 10k a week for 4 years he will lock up £2m in earnings if he makes it or not, Chelsea or any other big club could offer 30k and thats £6m, serious consideration.

He should get more game time playing for us but who's to say that's what he thinks is best? Maybe he might want to go and learn off quality players like Hazard, Fabregas etc.

Good thing is he is local lad, has family around here and has grown up supporting Villa, I expect he will stay with us and I hope he will but he has options open to him and this contract should have been tied up a long time ago.

• Like 1

Sturridge wasn't here for long was he? And the way he spent the early part of his career chasing money and then moaning every chance he got about not getting an opportunity something tells me that if he had broke through we wouldn't have kept him

Agree with Cahill, it was stupidity from MON, Davies maybe (but that's a push too, he was awful for us) but zat knight?! Cahill had a buzz round him too, a lot of fans were waiting for him to get a good go at it, and we flogged him cheaply to a shitter team :(

Sturridge wasn't here for long was he? And the way he spent the early part of his career chasing money and then moaning every chance he got about not getting an opportunity something tells me that if he had broke through we wouldn't have kept him

Agree with Cahill, it was stupidity from MON, Davies maybe (but that's a push too, he was awful for us) but zat knight?! Cahill had a buzz round him too, a lot of fans were waiting for him to get a good go at it, and we flogged him cheaply to a shitter team :(

Cahill was clearly the next John Terry. We all saw it, I remember telling all my friends how good he is and how he will captain England one day. We could all see he was special.

Why the **** couldn't MON see this!?!?!?

I was always under the impression Cahill moved on because MON - rightly - would not guarantee him a start? He went to Bolton, not directly to Chelsea... which is probably a fair indication how highly rated he was at the time.

I was always under the impression Cahill moved on because MON - rightly - would not guarantee him a start? He went to Bolton, not directly to Chelsea... which is probably a fair indication how highly rated he was at the time.

Yes he wanted more game time than his ability warrented at the time but I think the situation could have been handled better. There was no need to bring in 2 new centre backs ahead of him, just buying 1 and letting him compete for a place would have kept him involved. Still, this is quite off topic.

MON was too busy telling Ashley Young he was world class....

He was absolutely brilliant for most of his time with us, to be fair. 

You must mean Luke Young right?  As for the Ashley kind, he was awesome at the row Z free kick challenge...he didn't just become shit overnight at the Manure, it had been a long time coming.  He was great for us in the beginning though...

Ashley Young assisted a fair few goals from corners and freekicks when he was here. It was during his last season with us that he started to decline. Probably felt that we were on a decline and already had a move to manure in his mind. But this is off topic. This about Jack Grealish. I hope he gets a contract that makes sense for all parts and that he satys. Not yet convinced by him, but he's got a lot of potential. Still a long way to go for him. I hope he makes it and that he makes it here.

Barry

Cahill

Weimann

Agbonlahor

Ridgewell

Gardner 

Davis 

Hitzlsperger

all got games here so have Clark, Baker, Albrighton, Bannan and even Moore and they never took their chance for whatever reason. Villa is perfect place for him to develop and a lot better than being sent on loan to Vitesse or Middlesbrough

• Like 2

You must mean Luke Young right? As for the Ashley kind, he was awesome at the row Z free kick challenge...he didn't just become shit overnight at the Manure, it had been a long time coming. He was great for us in the beginning though...

You must mean somebody else. He wasn't great under Houllier granted, but he wasn't bad either. Under O'Neill he was our best player, I was not aware this was debated.

I can't be arsed to look up the stats, but did he not lead the league in assists over 3 years as well as scoring 7-9 goals per season?

You must mean Luke Young right? As for the Ashley kind, he was awesome at the row Z free kick challenge...he didn't just become shit overnight at the Manure, it had been a long time coming. He was great for us in the beginning though...

You must mean somebody else. He wasn't great under Houllier granted, but he wasn't bad either. Under O'Neill he was our best player, I was not aware this was debated.

I can't be arsed to look up the stats, but did he not lead the league in assists over 3 years as well as scoring 7-9 goals per season?

Ashley Young was absolutely fantastic for us. Bizarre to suggest otherwise IMO.

• Like 3

Lots of people saying on here that it would be a mistake to leave us now, well I really don't think we are in any position to call that. Who know's what he might be being promised by our club or even by another club if he spoke to them in Jan when he's available to do so.

Money matters, if someone offers him a great deal before we have got him tied down he would have to take a serious look at it. If we offered him 10k a week for 4 years he will lock up £2m in earnings if he makes it or not, Chelsea or any other big club could offer 30k and thats £6m, serious consideration.

He should get more game time playing for us but who's to say that's what he thinks is best? Maybe he might want to go and learn off quality players like Hazard, Fabregas etc.

Good thing is he is local lad, has family around here and has grown up supporting Villa, I expect he will stay with us and I hope he will but he has options open to him and this contract should have been tied up a long time ago.

Yes i think what you are trying to say is that there is no loyalty in football, which im sure 99% of fans would agree.

At same time it works the other way round for thousands. If he didnt make it, it wouldnt cost villa a thought to let him go.

Â