The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

No better place for Jack to develop than VP.

Yep, nothing like a relegation scrap every year to enhance your career ;)

Seriously, what is the point of just constantly slagging off the club? We're much better for him to develop at than if he did go to a big club like Chelsea. He'll get some decent gametime this season I'm sure.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Based on the vast majority of academy players that come through the ranks, and fail, I just don't agree with this.

Quite shocking how many supposedly talented youth players we've had who just have not developed once they hit the first team:

Gabby, weimann to an extent, you could argue Barry as he came at such a young age, vassell? Who else really? We produce a lot of potential yet the clubs ability to maximise that is nothing short of abysmal in all honesty.

Cahill is the one that stings............

Absolutely. Can't help but think (certainly when you look at Southampton), we should have least made a couple of decent fees/players out of them all.

I'm not suggesting Chelsea is a better place for him to be than villa, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he stayed here and turned out to be dogshit!

He is obv more hyped about, but has he really shown more than albrighton did when he first hit the first team. Better players with him obv, but he looked like he was going to be a superstar. Perhaps the players just aren't good enough but I do believe that there is a definite long term issue with the transition to the 1st team.

Yep, nothing like a relegation scrap every year to enhance your career ;)

Seriously, what is the point of just constantly slagging off the club? We're much better for him to develop at than if he did go to a big club like Chelsea. He'll get some decent gametime this season I'm sure.

How on earth is that slagging off the club? I didn't say Villa is a bad place to develop but how on earth can somebody say there is no place better. Talk about exegarating.

Even this news is somehow spun into a negative. I despair sometimes.

No one has turned any news into a negative. People have merely responded to a post which suggested that this is the best place for him.

Highlighting that our ability to maximise academy players potential is pretty abysmal (to argue the point that I don't agree with) is not negative. It's what I would cAll realistic as, our ability to do that is abysmal really.

Being positive is not about being unrealistic.

The divorce rate in the UK is 42%. Going up to a bride on her wedding day and saying 'There's almost a 1 in 2 chance you're going to get divorced' is a realistic thing to say but it also makes you look like a total wotsit.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

The divorce rate in the UK is 42%. Going up to a bride on her wedding day and saying 'There's almost a 1 in 2 chance you're going to get divorced' is a realistic thing to say but it also makes you look like a total wotsit.

To be fair no one is saying it to Jack. Its fans discussing on a message board so not sure your scenario fits.

• Like 1

I have no disagreement with that statement whatsoever but I have no idea of it's purpose?

I'm not going up to ppl at an inappropriate time and making pointless comments. I'm on a villa forum giving my opinion on villa.

I make what I feel to be a fair comment about villa's development of youth players and you jump on my back for being negative.

Yet you make an equally fair comment, in the d.bent thread suggesting him not to play again. Like our development of youth players, bent is poor, but is there a difference in the negativity of the two comments?

• Like 4

Based on the vast majority of academy players that come through the ranks, and fail, I just don't agree with this.

Quite shocking how many supposedly talented youth players we've had who just have not developed once they hit the first team:

Gabby, weimann to an extent, you could argue Barry as he came at such a young age, vassell? Who else really? We produce a lot of potential yet the clubs ability to maximise that is nothing short of abysmal in all honesty.

I think in a lot of cases those players initially get by on what they did at youth level and bags of energy and andrelin. In recent seasons Clark and Baker have racked up appearances based on necessity rather than them forcing there way into the first team. I do feel its different with Jack - I think he could rightfully displace Nzogbia, - and IMO is an upgrade on Albrighton. True the prem is riddled with nippy wingers who get by on pace alone for a season, Matt Philips, Andros Townsend etc. But Jack doesn't rely on pace - its that fantastic ability to drop a shoulder, turn, and leave the defender looking like an ass thats his major asset. My only concern is that can he keep his nerve to do that, even perhaps when things don't go his way.

Certainly the most exciting talent since Gabby in my book   [and Gabby has been good for us - despite his decline in recent seasons]  

As opposed to signing for a so called "big club"? Rodwell and Sinclair are two examples of chasing money rather than having the urge to play and become better. Jack is at the perfect place for his development, he will be given the opportunity to shine consistently here like many others have in the recent past.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Ridgwell, Davis and Cahill all went on to have decent (and in some cases very good) premiership careers.

As opposed to signing for a so called "big club"? Rodwell and Sinclair are two bad examples of chasing money rather than having the urge to play and become better. Jack is at the perfect place for his development, he will be given the opportunity to shine consistently here like many others have in the recent past.

There are other clubs other than the so called 'big clubs'.

Ridgwell, Davis and Cahill all went on to have decent (and in some cases very good) premiership careers.

Yeah, for other clubs. Only further highlighting our inability to maximise potential.

As opposed to signing for a so called "big club"? Rodwell and Sinclair are two examples of chasing money rather than having the urge to play and become better. Jack is at the perfect place for his development, he will be given the opportunity to shine consistently here like many others have in the recent past.
He will have the chance to shine because if he is good enough he will play. But this could also go the other way if the last two seasons are anything to go by. If we begin to struggle then so will he. That is not an ideal situation for any player new to this league let alone an 19 year old with massive expectations placed on him.

We've had a good start to the season and the squad seems stronger so hopefully he can be eased in. But I do not agree that a relegation battling team is an ideal place for a young players development.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Yeah, for other clubs. Only further highlighting our inability to maximise potential.

That is O'Neill for you. Wasted money and potential.

I think Gardner#s been a bit better at this level than Davis so he'd be in that list.

Â