The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I genuinely didn't think we would ever see Grealish fulfilling his potential. Delighted to have been proved wrong.  

I thought this season was make or break for him and it looks like it's 'make'. It's going to be a struggle to hold on to him. If we get promoted this season he should be given a new deal so that he's our top earner with a big buyout clause. 

• Like 2

Geez hes finally showing what we thought he had. The way hes shrugging off challenges... credit to the coaching staff... really bulked him up and hes actually gained a yard of pace. Looks more direct and confident. His new found fitness has him even working hard off the ball. 

Keep it going young Jack. 

• Like 4

i was watching the match last night on a crappy stream of a guy pointing his phone at his laptop, with the sound down. I couldnt make out the faces or the numbers on the back of the shirts but I just know when it was jack on the ball because he plays with a motion and fluidity that very few do. Touch is wonderful and although, as everyone says, he isnt the quickest, he seems to use what pace he has at the right times and in the right way.

I know I sound like a teenage girl with a crush but I enjoy watching him play more than 99% of premier league players

• Like 2

It's gotten to the stage, for me, that I think we get promoted if Grealish stays fit but will fail to if he picks up more injuries.

The difference he makes is unreal.  Absolute baller - way too good for the Championship.

• Like 2

I've only been a weekly supporter since 2010 but I've never been more excited about a Villa player.

That includes Benteke at his best. Or Young, Downing and Bent when all three were in the England squad whilst playing for us. Delph, Albrighton..

There's not another that comes close except Benteke, and three of the six names mentioned went on to win the Premier League.

Am thoroughly enjoying watching him play for us, long may it continue.

Other clubs will be able to compete financially next year should we go up.

We'll need quality players in the squad more than money if we want to succeed, and even as leverage to bring others of quality in.

Jack is truly pivotal in our immediate future.

Terry will not be here for long, and those that do stay will need leadership both in spirit and footballing ability to take us up that extra step to the next level.

It's an absolute pleasure to watch him play football. I only hope we see him continue to grow and improve in to a leader and Villa legend.

• Like 3

Exactly, if the club don't have the same ambition as Jack, I wouldn't blame him if he moved to a competing at the highest level in 3 years time. If he keeps improving and working hard Time Sherwood wouldn't be wrong with the 60m valuation 

Â