The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I have been a Milan fan for years, and this Neves reminds me of Montolivo. Great side passes, but not that good in through balls and dribble.

Jack, on the other hand, is a much more direct play er. His dribbling is much better and his forward running can create direct chances.

dont think they are the same type of players but I don’t think Neves is that good from what I saw today. He looks like a young Cesc, but without forward passing. Need time to grow to play in premier league.

Good observations and spot on, but you know what's so joyful, it hasn't always been so... These are newly emerging skills, as of right now. He always had it in him, but he is getting more purposeful by the game and it is an absolute joy to watch. He will be sought after very soon by the big boys, if he keeps this up. He's that good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think what sets Jack apart is his ability to make stuff happen from anywhere. There was a moment today, it might even have been the build up to the free kick for the second goal.

Jedinak played a sloppy pass inside our half, probably 30 yards from goal. Grealish had to make a desperate slide for the ball to stop it getting intercepted. Despite this he got up and drove all the way into the opposition half and won a free kick in a dangerous position.

We don't have anyone else who can do that kind of thing.

And you can tell the team know it too. They're always looking to give it to Jack. Which is probably why we struggle a bit when he's not playing.

Very few people do. He's already a fantastic footballer who could play for a top 6 team.

Can't get over how good he is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Good observations and spot on, but you know what's so joyful, it hasn't always been so... These are newly emerging skills, as of right now. He always had it in him, but he is getting more purposeful by the game and it is an absolute joy to watch. He will be sought after very soon by the big boys, if he keeps this up. He's that good.

Tottenham will try, guaranteed. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Transition; moving the ball from defence into attack. Top managers talk about it a lot, whether it's four or five quick passes, setting up the right balls into the corners, a striker coming deep, it matters. It's important. Joe Mourinho was obsessed with it at Chelsea. We do it as well as anyone in the Championship, and we do it in a way that no one else in this league can. We give it to Jack.

This boy is some player. He could play in just about any team in the world. Since he came back from injury, the extra strength he's added, the ability to hold players off the ball and run players off the ball, allied to his ability to control, caress and care for a ball, alongside the weight of his passing, his vision when running, it's extraordinary. He's the player you always wanted to be when you were a kid.

I’m 28 and I still want to be him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

74/86 passes for Neves today with 11/13 accurate long balls so a bit unfair there.

As for Jack's weight of passing, it's consistently on point. That's what separates the truly top class players from the rest, along with first touch. 

He's done that through ball into the channel for Adomah many times before and they've led to goals or very good scoring chances. These definitely show up in the stats for any scout worth anything (hopefully they continue to ignore him).

I was thinking this as Jack  doesn’t get loads of goals or assists but the amount of times he puts the player in for an assist is unreal or even gains a free kick that creates a goal.  wonder if there’s a stat for the pass before the assist?

Edited by stegzy

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that he was double and triple teamed up on by "The best team in the league". Speaks volumes.

His movement almost makes no sense to me, it's like he is gliding through people in slow motion at times ffs.

Love that second paragraph, says it all for me.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

74/86 passes for Neves today with 11/13 accurate long balls so a bit unfair there.

I’ve seen him s few times of course he’s undoubtably a good player.

But today ? Those numbers are good enough but how did he actually hurt us ? I didn’t think he did, whereas Jack had them all over the place.

And - if you believe the current thinking - Neves is surrounded by other quality ball players to both distract opposition and give him fluid and mobile targets....Jack on the other hand is not.

But fair enough everyone sees things differently, and I accept it’s not really a worthwhile comparison overall,... just thought I’d chip in !

So back to the main man...

it wasn’t just his disguised passes, the outside of the boot passes, the vision, the desire, the awareness, there was also the ferocious tackling and determined non stop running.

Superb.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I was thinking this as Jack  doesn’t get loads of goals or assists but the amount of times he puts the player in for an assist is unreal or even gains a free kick that creates a goal.  wonder if there’s a stat for the pass before the assist?

Don’t like match/ player stats and that’s one of the reasons why.

Nobody can be in any doubt he is our dominant creative player whether he gets an “ assist” or not!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Transition; moving the ball from defence into attack. Top managers talk about it a lot, whether it's four or five quick passes, setting up the right balls into the corners, a striker coming deep, it matters. It's important. Joe Mourinho was obsessed with it at Chelsea. We do it as well as anyone in the Championship, and we do it in a way that no one else in this league can. We give it to Jack.

This boy is some player. He could play in just about any team in the world. Since he came back from injury, the extra strength he's added, the ability to hold players off the ball and run players off the ball, allied to his ability to control, caress and care for a ball, alongside the weight of his passing, his vision when running, it's extraordinary. He's the player you always wanted to be when you were a kid.

He plays a ball like a snooker player, he rides a tackle like a rodeo, he glides across the grass with the grace of a thoroughbred.

He is simply magnificent.

I don't know how we are going to hang on to this kid....he is amongst the best players in the league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I always thought you couldn't really obtain pace, only that you can improve technique and gain small margins...so where the hell has this raw speed come from?

I think he has speed off the block and because the opposition don’t know what to do with him and stand to block, he can just nip past them before they know what year it is ( was going to say day but that would be an understatement).

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that he was double and triple teamed up on by "The best team in the league". 

The defining moment for me was when he had three Wolves players around him, and he executed a flawless Cruyff turn to get get out of trouble and instigate an attack. He made it look effortless. 

• Like 4

I said a few weeks ago that I felt Grealish was the most skillful player we have had since Merson.

After today, i now think he is probably the most skillful we have had since I started well over 50 years and my favourite legend ever was Brian Little who was incredible and could walk on water!

Grealish has ‘something’ else, is very, very special and is on another level compared to anyone in this league. He is incredibly calm on the ball, a quick thinker and bamboozles defenders

I hesitate to claim it but think he will be an absolute star in the PL.Hopefully with us

However sadly imho we are going to struggle to keep him even if we go up. Unless Dr.Xia has very deep pockets and is determined to keep him as we could build a great team around Grealish.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The defining moment for me was when he had three Wolves players around him, and he executed a flawless Cruyff turn to get get out of trouble and instigate an attack. He made it look effortless. 

He has so many of those moments. Pretty much every match he has a moment or 2 that I could watch over and over again in Gif form. His highlights reel would be amazing this season and he hasn’t even played much.

Edited by stegzy

Â