The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

""By far"?  Really?

Personally, would rather have Grealish anyway.

Yes, absolutely, terrific player, not taking anything away from Grealish but I think Neves is a world class player in the making. Even today, whilst not having his best game, he looked head and shoulders above most, I don't think he gave the ball away at all and made several terrific passes.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Best player in the league after Neves who honestly should not be in this league. That's a Champions League midfielder right there.

The way some are talking about Neves makes me think they're blind, he was terrific. Anyway, this is the Grealish thread and Grealish was very good today.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, absolutely, terrific player, not taking anything away from Grealish but I think Neves is a world class player in the making. Even today, whilst not having his best game, he looked head and shoulders above most, I don't think he gave the ball away at all and made several terrific passes.

It actually annoyed me in the commentary that they said this same thing, in slightly different ways, three times in the game today after he gave the ball away - "Neves with a misplaced pass there... has he ever done that this season?".  10 minutes later "Neves doesn't give the ball away, but he did there" etc.

He's good, but allowed our midfield to basically waltz past him today.  He'll get better, but give me Grealish (or Jota, or Sessegnon) over him.

• Like 1

Has to be taken into account he is only up against Championship players but - notwithstanding that - he looks absolutely sublime.

With the rider I’ve said above I’d say he looks - presently - as good a player with the ball at his feet as any since Yorke or before that, Little.

Just now, terrytini said:

Has to be taken into account he is only up against Championship players but - notwithstanding that - he looks absolutely sublime.

With the rider I’ve said above I’d say he looks - presently - as good a player with the ball at his feet as any since Yorke or before that, Little.

I don’t think that Wolves team today are Championship players though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It actually annoyed me in the commentary that they said this same thing, in slightly different ways, three times in the game today after he gave the ball away - "Neves with a misplaced pass there... has he ever done that this season?".  10 minutes later "Neves doesn't give the ball away, but he did there" etc.

He's good, but allowed our midfield to basically waltz past him today.  He'll get better, but give me Grealish (or Jota, or Sessegnon) over him.

I feel like we weren't watching the same game. Jota did nothing all game but bumble the ball over the line in the first half. Even Cavaleiro was better  Whereas Neves was spraying the ball around at will and central to the little good play they had.

Before this turns into the Neves thread, back to Jack. Probably my favorite player in football right now. I'm tempted to get his name on the away kit I'm planning on buying, which I never do. I'm just scared he'll be snapped up by one of the big boys next season.

• Like 2

Â