The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The thing I don't understand is how he can run himself into a corner with 3 players on him with no hope of achieving anything yet still manage to squeeze the ball out to a teammate. Every single time tonight he looked like he'd gotten into an impossible position he managed to rescue it. Every single time.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone play football like Jack. It just looks so effortless. He dribbles past players with such close control that it appears to be at walking pace, but he’s actually sprinting, also effortlessly. At other times, 2 or 3 players are surrounding him, but they don’t go in for the tackle because they know they have no chance of winning the ball. I don’t think he’s given the ball away once since coming back from his injury. He might be the best Villa player I’ve ever seen. If not, he’s on track to becoming it.

He's quietly going about looking a tinsy bit like Sid Cowans.  Nowhere near him yet but unquestionably on that path to greatness. 

Just need to keep it up for another 12 or 13 years though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mantis said:

What's changed this season? He's always shown flashes of brilliance but he's totally stepped it up this year. Is it Terry's presence?

I wonder about this too. It's like night and day.

Just now, Mantis said:

What's changed this season? He's always shown flashes of brilliance but he's totally stepped it up this year. Is it Terry's presence?

honestly, I think it’s just consistent game time and a slightly older head. He never really had a good run of games, it was always ‘show promise’ and then long injury or off the field issues.

He should be at a champs league club next season. Technical ability that is the match of any other player in the premier league. If he could just get to work with a higher quality of player and better coaching staff, he might even have consistent end product.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone play football like Jack. It just looks so effortless. He dribbles past players with such close control that it appears to be at walking pace, but he’s actually sprinting, also effortlessly. At other times, 2 or 3 players are surrounding him, but they don’t go in for the tackle because they know they have no chance of winning the ball. I don’t think he’s given the ball away once since coming back from his injury. He might be the best Villa player I’ve ever seen. If not, he’s on track to becoming it.

He is a special talent  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Defo John Terry has had an influence, also apparently i heard when he first got his kidney injury the first assessment was that it could be career ending. Put a lot of things into perspective for him and the realisation that you have to take the chance. 

I think it should at least be considered...lallana hasnt played that much football, barkley has gone to shit, alli's form has dipped, ward prowse isnt next, lingard is shit but scores big goals for utd so he'll be going

As for whats changed, i think he benefits from playing with freedom in a number 10 role with 2 proper wide men stretching the pitch and making themselves available all the time 

I dont think he will get the same with england so probably wont be effective 

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Terry, Bruce, the very scary kidney injury, and finally some consistency at the club.

Before this season he's had 7 managers in what, 3 seasons? I don't think you you can overstate how much effect working with the same coaching team for 18 moths has done.

But you're right, Terry has been there, done that, and worked with the best. Words of encouragement and advice from JT I'm convinced have really helped a young man like Jack. Hope we keep them both next year.

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Bruce having complete faith in him which he didn't last year and Terry, clearly both have had a positive effect. 

For me the biggest change is his physical side. His injury has allowed his transformation from boy to man much quicker. Absolute blessing in disguise.

Â