The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I feel like we weren't watching the same game. Jota did nothing all game but bumble the ball over the line in the first half. Even Cavaleiro was better  Whereas Neves was spraying the ball around at will and central to the little good play they had.

Before this turns into the Neves thread, back to Jack. Probably my favorite player in football right now. I'm tempted to get his name on the away kit I'm planning on buying, which I never do. I'm just scared he'll be snapped up by one of the big boys next season.

Yeah, Jota didn't have a particularly great game today but he's been excellent this season.  Even today, he tried so many interchanges that we were unable to cope with first half. Neves, you're quite right, kept spraying Gerrard passes to the wings.  Other than that...?

I think Grealish has a good 2 or 3 seasons left at Villa before he contemplates moving, by the way.

The fact that he was double and triple teamed up on by "The best team in the league". Speaks volumes.

His movement almost makes no sense to me, it's like he is gliding through people in slow motion at times ffs.

• Like 3

Just need to keep Jack fit  to the end of the season and not get suspended and that could be the key to us getting one of those 2 automatic places. He is that good at the moment!

As for Neves. I like him as a player but apparently he Neves turns up for the big games.;)

I thought Jack was much better than Neves today. All I saw Neves do was fire Barry Bannan-esque Hollywood balls all over the place, half of which went out of play. He was never as involved as Jack was. I thought Jack's ball down the line to Adomah for Grabban's goal was as perfectly weighted a pass as you could hope to see.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I thought Jack was much better than Neves today. All I saw Neves do was fire Barry Bannan-esque Hollywood balls all over the place, half of which went out of play. He was never as involved as Jack was. I thought Jack's ball down the line to Adomah for Grabban's goal was as perfectly weighted a pass as you could hope to see.

74/86 passes for Neves today with 11/13 accurate long balls so a bit unfair there.

As for Jack's weight of passing, it's consistently on point. That's what separates the truly top class players from the rest, along with first touch. 

He's done that through ball into the channel for Adomah many times before and they've led to goals or very good scoring chances. These definitely show up in the stats for any scout worth anything (hopefully they continue to ignore him).

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BigJim said:

On top of his brilliant work with the ball at his feet, his tackling back was awesome.

I wonder if any of us realise how far this lad can go in the game?

I honestly feel like he can go all the way to the top in English football. He has the skill of a Waddle or a Beardsley or someone like that. I just hope he does it with us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigJim said:

On top of his brilliant work with the ball at his feet, his tackling back was awesome.

I wonder if any of us realise how far this lad can go in the game?

I certainly do but I fear it may not be with us ,

I have been a Milan fan for years, and this Neves reminds me of Montolivo. Great side passes, but not that good in through balls and dribble.

Jack, on the other hand, is a much more direct play er. His dribbling is much better and his forward running can create direct chances.

dont think they are the same type of players but I don’t think Neves is that good from what I saw today. He looks like a young Cesc, but without forward passing. Need time to grow to play in premier league.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 1

I think what sets Jack apart is his ability to make stuff happen from anywhere. There was a moment today, it might even have been the build up to the free kick for the second goal.

Jedinak played a sloppy pass inside our half, probably 30 yards from goal. Grealish had to make a desperate slide for the ball to stop it getting intercepted. Despite this he got up and drove all the way into the opposition half and won a free kick in a dangerous position.

We don't have anyone else who can do that kind of thing.

And you can tell the team know it too. They're always looking to give it to Jack. Which is probably why we struggle a bit when he's not playing.

• Like 4

I'd like to think he would stay with us if we could just manage to build a team to hold our own above mid table.  That in itself is asking a lot considering most of today's lot are on loan, too old, or just not good enough for the top flight.

If we spend season after season near the drop zone I fear he would cut his ties and move on.

Â