Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Halfway through Hard Sun, and I still can't decide whether it's quite good or a bit shit. 

I watched the first episode, counted all the cliches and marvelled at the awful acting and then decided it wasn't for me.

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I watched the first episode, counted all the cliches and marvelled at the awful acting and then decided it wasn't for me.

For those of a certain age, it's like Doomwatch crossed with The Sweeney. And it's pretty obvious that, with the 'five years' thing, they've got an eye on further series, therefore this one will not have any resolution. I'll probably see it through though. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 10/01/2018 at 23:24, lapal_fan said:

Finished stranger things.

Pretty good.  You could see the bits pinched from other shows and even anime, thrown in the 80s goonies setting.

9.5/10 

Definitely anime. The very first scene is...well, not ripped straight out of Elfen Lied (seeing as the monster or eleven isn't tearing people apart), but it is very similar. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Really getting into blacklist now. A few people said after 4 or 5 of them they become all the same and predictable. I was starting to feel that way too, but then it started getting interesting again near the end of series 1. 

I'm up to date and watching series 5. Its good... probably doesn't warrant 80 odd episodes so far but its an easy watch. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Absolutely loving season 5 of Ray Donovan.

Episode 8 - Horses was a really emotional tough watch.

It was a bit disappointing at first imo, but actually turned out to be a really good season. Slower and more emotional, but writing and acting top notch as always. 

looking forward to the next one being in NYC. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It was a bit disappointing at first imo, but actually turned out to be a really good season. Slower and more emotional, but writing and acting top notch as always. 

looking forward to the next one being in NYC. 

Have just the final two to do over the weekend.

agree it was a slower tempo but brilliantly written with the past and present intertwined.

• Like 1

I love grand designs!

2 problems with it though because of working in the industry, first is the people who think they can give project management or the money side of it a go, you can't...6 years at uni and 10 years experience to "give it a go", part of me actually likes it when it goes wrong

The other is they tend to exaggerate how cutting edge some of the stuff Is, they're using a material that's rarely used because they're so forward thinking and cutting loads of money and time out because they're so clever...No mate I used them 7/8 years ago, it's not common because it's a bit shit...

It's a shame at times they don't go more in to the construction world, even if it was just the murky world of planning 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2018 at 09:50, Demitri_C said:

Well last time i got a warning so i didn't want to risk it!

But yes mods clarify for us =)

there is a Game of Thrones spoilers thread as well :)

though if you just started I would probably avoid it ;)

Just finished the documentary series Time: The Kalief Browder Story on Netflix. Harrowing, disturbing, infuriating, tragic, utterly compelling. 

Although the name rang a bell, I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that I didn’t know much about this story. This series seems to have slipped under the radar somewhat but it’s essential viewing in my opinion. It’s a story that needs to be heard.

Spoiler

Cant believe they killed Sean beans charchter so early. Only him and the midget are the only two charchters I care anything about. Don't see how it's going to keep me entertained now.

Have to say I give credit to that little shit king actor. He has made me hate him and want him to die a painful death!

Game of thrones

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Cant believe they killed Sean beans charchter so early. Only him and the midget are the only two charchters I care anything about. Don't see how it's going to keep me entertained now.

Have to say I give credit to that little shit king actor. He has made me hate him and want him to die a painful death!

Game of thrones

Sean Bean dies . That's what he does.:D

You will get to love new and existing characters as you go on, and you'll definitely be entertained.

Tried Black Mirror, being as everyones raving and it's got like 98% on Netflix. 

Thought the first episode was absolute shite, completely unbelievable on all levels and can't even understand the point / statement it was trying to make. 

Do I bother with the next one? 

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tried Black Mirror, being as everyones raving and it's got like 98% on Netflix. 

Thought the first episode was absolute shite, completely unbelievable on all levels and can't even understand the point / statement it was trying to make. 

Do I bother with the next one? 

Season 1 or the latest one?

Â