Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

What's the VT consensus regarding Netflix's Mindhunter?

Got half way through ep1 the other night before the other half fell asleep. It was very slow. 

Is it slow all the way through or does it pick up? 

It's fantastic.

Not flawless, there's some ropey acting and if you want a clear narrative in your TV watching, you'll not like it (by which I mean if you think it's going to turn into a procedural, or have a set story that begins and ends, you're not going to like it). The show is the story of someone trying to understand something, with nods and winks to other things, and a very slight character examination.

One of the best things I've watched recently. Scarily on point with some of the names that appear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Just started on a new show on netflicks that I never heard of called black lightening. Started off really good. 

I watched the trailer last night before Punisher and at first I thought it was a parody/piss-take.

The voiceover guy for the trailer was so hilariously over the top, it was like a trailer for an expendables movie on Steroids. 

It's getting decent reviews to be fair, might give it a go. 

finished fargo season 3, its good but not as good, felt a bit samey at times, carrie coon is very good (in everything...) but some of the other characters felt too comparable to others from the previous 2 series and they didnt compare favourably 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I watched the trailer last night before Punisher and at first I thought it was a parody/piss-take.

The voiceover guy for the trailer was so hilariously over the top, it was like a trailer for an expendables movie on Steroids. 

It's getting decent reviews to be fair, might give it a go. 

I am not sure which trailer you are referring to can you add a link? the one son youtube just look like normal trailers

But yeah first episode is pretty good to be honest. easy storyline and concept is interesting. I just hope it doesn't go down the usual DC route starts well then goes shit like arrow and flash. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am not sure which trailer you are referring to can you add a link? the one son youtube just look like normal trailers

But yeah first episode is pretty good to be honest. easy storyline and concept is interesting. I just hope it doesn't go down the usual DC route starts well then goes shit like arrow and flash. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80178687

It wasn't the visuals, it was the voice over guy....in that over the top 'Gruff voice' 

probably just me, but I thought it was a whole load of Ham! 

5 days until Gomorrah Season 3 is released on Sky :D

Screen Daily

The UK release details for the third season of Gomorrah - The Series have been announced.

All 12 new episodes of the hit mafia series will be available as a Sky Atlantic boxset from 31 January 2018.

Double episodes of the show will also be broadcast every Wednesday (also starting 31 Jan) from 9pm on Sky Atlantic.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How had I never heard of Inside No.9?

It's like Black Mirror without the technology. The pilot is fantastic.

It's consistently superb.

The crossword episode blew me away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just started on a new show on netflicks that I never heard of called black lightening. Started off really good. 

Must try out this Netflicks, I assume this is a pirate version on Kodi?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I presume it's about African Americans losing weight?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80178687

It wasn't the visuals, it was the voice over guy....in that over the top 'Gruff voice' 

probably just me, but I thought it was a whole load of Ham! 

I can see what you mean, if I watched this trailer I would have thought this looks crap. glad i didn't as its quite decent 

Â