Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So after so much pressure from people around me I have finally started Game of Thrones. My mate gave me 1-6 blu ray boxset to watch.Me and the missus watched two episodes last night. Its been okay although its difficult to understand who is who as it doesnt clearly explain some of the characters.

so far its been okay but i have not see what the hypes about just yet although i appreciate its only been two episodes

You quickly pick up who everyone is. There are lots of characters but the show is quite good at introducing important names slowly, certainly the first series deals with the major players and a few supporting faces and gives each time to develop. You'll quickly know who each is.

You need to finish the first series really to 'get' the show. 2 episodes is definitely not enough to understand it. From those episodes you've literally got a few minutes of character introduction, a small bit of world building, and then all you have is a medieval-esque epic with high production values, swearing and tits. That's only a part of why it's popular.

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You quickly pick up who everyone is. There are lots of characters but the show is quite good at introducing important names slowly, certainly the first series deals with the major players and a few supporting faces and gives each time to develop. You'll quickly know who each is.

You need to finish the first series really to 'get' the show. 2 episodes is definitely not enough to understand it. From those episodes you've literally got a few minutes of character introduction, a small bit of world building, and then all you have is a medieval-esque epic with high production values, swearing and tits. That's only a part of why it's popular.

Yeah ive been told similar to that but my friends  (well 90% of people i know) the missus didnt like the part where the blonde woman was getting (what looked like rape from her brute of her husband she was forced to marry by her brother) but since she had changed the way she was with him my missus didnt give up on the show as she dont like seeing rape in tv.

We are going to finish s1 then see how we get on. 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah ive been told similar to that but my friends  (well 90% of people i know) the missus didnt like the part where the blonde woman was getting (what looked like rape from her brute of her husband she was forced to marry by her brother) but since she had changed the way she was with him my missus didnt give up on the show as she dont like seeing rape in tv.

Pretty much exactly how it played out in our house, except I possibly disliked it even more than the missus. She is now considering giving it another chance, I'm not really interested. 

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Pretty much exactly how it played out in our house, except I possibly disliked it even more than the missus. She is now considering giving it another chance, I'm not really interested. 

Yeah it is uncomfortable to watch even I didn't really like that scene. Not actually sure why they felt the need to portray it like rape as doesnt really add much to this story 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah it is uncomfortable to watch even I didn't really like that scene. Not actually sure why they felt the need to portray it like rape as doesnt really add much to this story 

At least they made her a few years older than she is in the books.

As they did with most of the kids.

The late 80's War of the Worlds TV series, especially season 2 was really grim, scary and rather good from what I remember.

It's on my re-watch list along with Tour of Duty.

It only has 2 seasons but 43 episodes

MV5BMDIwZGVkYjMtODgzOS00MWEwLWI1ZDYtZDcwYzg2ZTEyY2NiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4MTI4MA@@._V1_.jpg

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My Mrs wasn’t bothered, but I struggled to rub one out over that scene. I mean I got there in the end, but I did feel a bit guilty about it after. Felt much better about myself after she rode him like a train a bit later on :thumb:

• Like 3

Watched the first 2 episodes of "The Chi". Made by Lena Waithe who just won an Emmy for Master of None.

It's been compared to The Wire and I can see why although it will never be as good of course.

Still the acting is rather good, the story so far is a bit fast paced but I imagine it will settle down and branch out as the season goes on.

Looking good so far, might be something for ya'll to check out. I'll keep watching to see where it goes from here on.

MV5BMGM0M2EyMWItYmFkZC00MmU5LTlkNTgtYmNiNTMxZTVkZmVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3OTUzNzM@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

My Mrs wasn’t bothered, but I struggled to rub one out over that scene. I mean I got there in the end, but I did feel a bit guilty about it after. Felt much better about myself after she rode him like a train a bit later on :thumb:

Yes thats what made her continue watching. If that scene wasnt done so soon she would have stopped watching.

• Like 1

Â