Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I absolutely love the Palin documentaries. I can't get enough of them.

He's done a 4 part series currently on iPlayer going through the old series referring back to his diaries. It's brilliant.

• Like 2

@wazzap24 and @villa4europe I watched the first 2 episodes last night and so far think it is really good. I love the mafia/gangster genre anyway especially when based on real people. Forest Whitaker is excellent.  

Will probably do the whole series by end of this weakened. Well I will assuming the last episode goes onto amazon prime as there are only 9 out of 10 episodes on there at the moment. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

So it was as crap as I anticipated?  It's got great reviews and I wanted it to be good.  It just came across as a mess from the outset.

I do think it gets better as it develops but I found the first few hard going because of certain annoying characters.

Overall it was just the kind of stories that every other show of its kind has told for decades, without much new to bring to the table. Chuck in a pretty uncompelling protagonist and my opinion is that it's just not very accomplished.

But then I watched the lot so I suppose it ticks a box somewhere.

• Like 1

So just watched the first episode of the new The Watch adaptation. Been ages since I any of the Terry Pratchett books so things are only vaguely familiar to me but I remember the books being smart and really funny. This wasn't. Maybe it will come in later episodes perhaps.

Wasn't bad mind, but I was expecting it to be funnier.

Â