Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

5 episodes in, it's rather good! Although anything with Mandy Patinkin usually is.

Sadly he's only in it for a couple of seasons.  

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

5 episodes in, it's rather good! Although anything with Mandy Patinkin usually is.

Been ages since I watched the first couple of series but I remember it being very good. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Been ages since I watched the first couple of series but I remember it being very good. 

Lola Glaudini has a lovely bum.

But yeah, it's a great show ;)

• Like 1

GoT update - season 5: draggy and dreary. I can't stand all the cultish religious nonsense, even if a petard was enjoyably hoisted as a result. Felt like so much of the season was just a filler to gradually move people into place for other stuff to presumably come. It feels like they've struggled to replace some of the more memorable characters and storylines, as the newcomers are by and large uninteresting. Ramsey is a complete shit, and presumably is going to continue to stink the place out for a while yet, as the latest uber cnut we all want dead. Season 6 has started ok though, at least there's been some positive moments to celebrate in the first few episodes. But definitely lost the compulsiveness of the first few seasons so far. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

GoT update - season 5: draggy and dreary. I can't stand all the cultish religious nonsense, even if a petard was enjoyably hoisted as a result. Felt like so much of the season was just a filler to gradually move people into place for other stuff to presumably come. It feels like they've struggled to replace some of the more memorable characters and storylines, as the newcomers are by and large uninteresting. Ramsey is a complete shit, and presumably is going to continue to stink the place out for a while yet, as the latest uber cnut we all want dead. Season 6 has started ok though, at least there's been some positive moments to celebrate in the first few episodes. But definitely lost the compulsiveness of the first few seasons so far. 

You are approaching the parts where some of the story archs have reached to the point they are in the last book.

From there on the show runners had to write stuff themselves and the show suffered for it. It became rushed, sloppy and characters started acting out of character.

There is still a lot of fun stuff left but s7-8 goes downhill when it comes to writing. More about putting the characters in epic locations and situations. 

• Thanks 1

Yep as I remember it season 5 was a drag. 

The good news is it DOES get better again. There is some genuinely great stuff still to come. 

The bad news is it’s by no means all good

• Like 1

Slowly coming to the end of Vikings, episode seven series 6, three more today. Really do not know what I will do when it’s all over. Brilliant series

• Like 1

I don’t really binge watch, well I do towards the end of a box set and then its “finish him”. So its around an episode or two max a night. That said I am about 6 episodes in to What We Do In The Shadows and its an absolute joy. Laughing out loud every night, and my wife thinks its even funnier due to my resemblance to Colin Robinson. 
Further to that, Stranger Things. I have no clue now why I left it so late. 3 episodes in and its Just fantastic. The cast is excellent. Some time back I was critical of Millie Bobby Brown after seeing her on some chat show, I was pulled up by @StefanAVFC for it. Rightly so. Man she is great in this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I don’t really binge watch, well I do towards the end of a box set and then its “finish him”. So its around an episode or two max a night. That said I am about 6 episodes in to What We Do In The Shadows and its an absolute joy. Laughing out loud every night, and my wife thinks its even funnier due to my resemblance to Colin Robinson. 
Further to that, Stranger Things. I have no clue now why I left it so late. 3 episodes in and its Just fantastic. The cast is excellent. Some time back I was critical of Millie Bobby Brown after seeing her on some chat show, I was pulled up by @StefanAVFC for it. Rightly so. Man she is great in this. 

I mean, she's obnoxious for sure, but what teenager thrust into such major lime light wouldn't be :D 

As for ST, yep, you've got a treat ahead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

200.gif

Love What We Do In The Shadows - Colin Robinson is a most excellent character (probably overshadowed a little by the other characters) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am reluctant to go full rogues gallery here but my life I do look like him. Particularly in work attire. 

As long as you don’t have the same conversational repertoire! 

• Haha 1

I've re watched What We Do In the Shadows about 5 times now.

It's absolute gold. As I mentioned before when it was first on, if you have a knowledge of vampire movies down the years (I'm a geek with stuff like that) then some of the attention to detail is superb.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â