Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Finished season 2 of Stranger Things last night. Loving this show. I can see us binge watching the third season this week.  

Season 3 was probably my favourite - the change in character dynamics and development is brilliant - particularly Steve The Hair Harrington. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Season 3 was probably my favourite - the change in character dynamics and development is brilliant - particularly Steve The Hair Harrington. 

Also loved the Never Ending Story song segment 

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Watching some Danish politics thing. Borgen. Guess it refers to the parliament. 

Decent watch, but not that special. 

Miss shows like the fall, the killing etc. 

I quite enjoyed Borgen, but I agree, not in the same League as The Killing or The Bridge. I'm generally a sucker for anything in the Scandi-noir genre though. In fact a lot of continental European TV drama generally. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 08/07/2020 at 22:36, wilko154 said:

Little Fires Everywhere was absolutely fantastic.

One of the best series I've seen this year. I could easily sit through it again.

Really hope the follow up with season 2.

Great recommendation thanks.

3 episodes in and its excellent. 

• Like 1

Finished Colombian Netflix series Frontera Verde (Green Frontier) It was almost really good but they messed up the final episodes and it all ended in a meh. Shame as it had a True Detective vibe to it.

Still, it's different and looks good. It's a more than watchable almost series.

Green Frontier Poster

5th season of Le Bureau des Legendes is off to a solid start, not quite as good as some of the previous seasons thou

Le Bureau des Légendes Poster

Has anyone watched Kingdom? Not the Korean zombie fest, I just finished that and it was awesome but whilst looking for that I came across Kingdom, it’s based around MMA and stars Frank Grillo.

IMDB suggests it’s pretty good but wondered if any VT’ers have given it a whirl? 

Finally finished GoT. All told with low expectations I thought the last season was fine, some long indulgent scenes aside and boring broodiness. Only thing that irritated me was when a character in chains just casually anoints  a new king more or Less just like that. That scene in the final episode was weird. But the rest, all made enough sense to me, though everything after The Long Night had a weird epilogue, anti climactic feel. Should have focused a whole season that instead of three episodes, but generally was fine though one closing arc was a little underwhelming, as well as under rubble. 

Edited by Rodders

8 hours ago, jim said:

Has anyone watched Kingdom? Not the Korean zombie fest, I just finished that and it was awesome but whilst looking for that I came across Kingdom, it’s based around MMA and stars Frank Grillo.

IMDB suggests it’s pretty good but wondered if any VT’ers have given it a whirl? 

Not yet but on my list. 

For those who miss Westworld there is apparently a new Westworld clone on HBO called Brave New World.

A quick read and it seem very similar, it even has a lead character called Bernard. Based on a book from the 30's

Reviews I've seen says it's worse than Westworld in every way, but lots of boobs apparently.

Whole season out on the 15th

• Like 1

Not TV but can not find a radio programme thread. Just downloaded the old Down the Line Radio 4 phone ins.  Forgot how hilarious these were, have not laughed as much for years. Villa Talk, what is point?

On 12/07/2020 at 10:01, sne said:

For those who miss Westworld there is apparently a new Westworld clone on HBO called Brave New World.

A quick read and it seem very similar, it even has a lead character called Bernard. Based on a book from the 30's

Reviews I've seen says it's worse than Westworld in every way, but lots of boobs apparently.

Whole season out on the 15th

Auldous Huxley wrote the book didn’t he? Think I remember trying to read it when I was younger but don’t really remember it. Only really know about thanks to Iron Maiden: 

• Like 2

Â