Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I've only watched the Magician and Referee episodes from the last series and thought both were fantastic. Not saying I disagree with you as from what I've heard these were far better than most, if not all, of the episodes.

Yes those two were good

Finished Life on Mars a few days ago, which I thought was excellent, so started Ashes to Ashes. The leading actress is annoying as ****, I don't know if I can stick with it. 

59 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Finished Life on Mars a few days ago, which I thought was excellent, so started Ashes to Ashes. The leading actress is annoying as ****, I don't know if I can stick with it. 

I think she gets down to her bra and panties in one of the later episodes So well worth sticking with it

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Overall I think I preferred Ashes to Ashes, although it isn't a commonly shared opinion. I do like 80's culture though. Worth sticking with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Hi all, need something new to watch. Any suggestions?

i have watched:

SOA, GOT, banshee, power, last kingdom, vikings, prison break, queen of the south, the blacklist, Ray Donovan, the Witcher, peaky blinders.

Gangs of London is pretty good. Others swear by Chernobyl. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

i have watched:

SOA, GOT, banshee, power, last kingdom, vikings, prison break, queen of the south, the blacklist, Ray Donovan, the Witcher, peaky blinders.

BB,BCS, the orville, Bron/Broen

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

i have watched:

The Bureau                                        The Night Of            The Haunting of Hill House     Police Squad :D            Godless               Escape at Dannemora   Wu-Tang, an American saga   The Saboteurs                          The Chi

Le Bureau des Légendes PosterThe Night OfThe Haunting of Hill HousePolice Squad!GodlessEscape at DannemoraWu-Tang: An American SagaThe SaboteursThe Chi

Sharp Objects                          Zero, Zero, Zero                    Gomorrah                                          Narcos                                    The Alienist

Sharp ObjectsZeroZeroZero PosterGomorrah PosterNarcos PosterThe Alienist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

i have watched:

House

Dexter

The Shield

Rescue Me

Oh and of course "24"

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villa Stu said:

i have watched:

Better call Saul and OzarkBetter call Saul and Ozark

On 09/06/2020 at 12:17, Rolta said:

I love Danny McBride. For me, Eastbound and Down has some of the best comedy moments I've ever seen. I barely got an episode into Vice Principals though—I should probably give it more of a chance.

I liked Vice Principals as much as Eastbound and Down. IMO Walton Goggins steals the show from McBride, and does the same in The Righteous Gemstones 

2 hours ago, andym said:

I liked Vice Principals as much as Eastbound and Down. IMO Walton Goggins steals the show from McBride, and does the same in The Righteous Gemstones 

Ok I'm going to try again. I don't know why I stopped tbh!

8 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

i have watched:

The Wire?

As @rjw63 says, The Shield and 24 are both great. The Shield is criminally underrated for me. First episode is a zinger and it carries on from there. 

The Night Of is very good and quite short (6 or 8 episodes). 

• Thanks 1

On 06/06/2020 at 14:08, hogso said:

I've got 2 episodes of that left. It's leaving me with a very similar feeling that I'm going to have to refer to as 'Netflix syndrome' from now on I think - in exactly the same way that The Stranger and other recent series' on there has. The production values, sets, locations and some of the acting are all good. At the same time though, you've got some really ropey direction at times, some very odd performances, and a story line that is equally watchable and engaging, as well as being daft and nonsensical. There's some genuinely good stuff in there - the dinner scene where them talk about Axel's life is pulled through almost solely by the acting of a couple of them, for example. And then there's some plot threads which are just utter rubbish. Over 6, or maybe even 4 episodes it could have been better.

Having said that, with 2 left it could yet swing around. I doubt it though.

I think the problem is that it should have been a 6 larger but Netflix wanted 10 so there is 4 episodes worth of filler in there. It's a major Netflix issue.

Â