Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 17/06/2020 at 23:34, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. Brilliant show.

I didn't think season 3 was up to the standard of the first two seasons but it was still a good watch. Still have high hopes for season 4

Totally agree with you. Although good, season 3 didn't quite live up to, although the bar had been set very, very high, expectations. 

What amazes me most is the acting, and from actors you would never think were capable of such performances , Ted Danson, the guy from Annabelle and big Robert, from ELR. 

Just all the little nuances, there's nothing like it.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2020 at 11:08, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"Little Fire's everywhere" Netflix 8/10

- Gets better as it goes along.

- I like things that show you the end at the start and then work towards how it happened.

- Good actors / Actresses in it.(Youngest one is really good)

- I imagine that women would enjoy it more but I watched it all the way through with the Mrs and I thought it was well good.

- Is quite relevant at this time with racism in the news.

I'm currently watching it, but not on Netflix. On Amazon prime. I've reached episode 4 and I'm really enjoying it. Some fine acting,and just how gorgeous is Kerry Washington ?

• Thanks 1

Season 3 of the underrated show The Chi has started.

First ep was a bit slow but I get that since they had to work around the male lead actor getting sacked for sexual misconduct (and the arrested on drugs and firearm charges) so they had to kill off his character.

Show is a very solid 7/10 IMO. And I rate on the low side. It's has 7.5/10 on IMDB

The Chi Poster

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Now finished Inside No. 9 and enjoyed most episodes. 

8/10 WB.

Well done and thanks to any VillaTalkers that recommended it.

Just started, 5 episodes in, brilliant, episode 2, a quiet night in blew me away.

• Like 1

VT will hate it but The British on sky Documentaries has been pretty decent ... one of those documentary programs with acted out events giving a history lesson from the pioneering age of invention and exploration that made Britain the biggest power in the world .

they will probably make a second series once Brexit has finally happened michael scott wink GIF

Goodnight Sweetheart is done, great rewatching. Stacked up I have Russian Doll, The Detectorists, I May Destroy You, and just finished the first eposode of Stranger Things. It was OK, I will persist with it. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Goodnight Sweetheart is done, great rewatching. Stacked up I have Russian Doll, The Detectorists, I May Destroy You, and just finished the first eposode of Stranger Things. It was OK, I will persist with it. 

Rate Russian Doll and The Detectorists (quintessentially English) and Stranger Things is well worth sticking with.

I’d add Glow to that list - unless you’ve already seen it!

Finished Inspector Morse. 33 episodes of about 100 mins each. 

What a great show and a genuinely sad ending. 

What an actor the late John Thaw was. Brilliant. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Rate Russian Doll and The Detectorists (quintessentially English) and Stranger Things is well worth sticking with.

I’d add Glow to that list - unless you’ve already seen it!

I haven’t and my wife says she wants to see it so will add it. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 19/06/2020 at 22:51, rjw63 said:

Started Criminal Minds from the beginning, til something better turns up

5 episodes in, it's rather good! Although anything with Mandy Patinkin usually is.

• Like 1

Â