Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

On the last season of 13 Reasons Why. I ask myself that when I'm watching it. It's annoying and a bit shit but I have to see it through. 1st season was powerful stuff, now it's balls. Keeps the Mrs happy though. 

I really enjoyed the last series but the first two episodes of this one haven't grabbed me.  I don't really like it when shows resort to characters having hallucinations of other characters from the past, it just seems lazy to me.

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I’ve walked away from it, wife watching it alone, last series was shite

ive got a Netflix gap until umbrella academy on the 31st July 

anyone watched Hollywood?

not yet but very tempted, sounds right up my street but mixed reviews putting me off, keep us posted if u have a crack at it

• Like 1

Johan Renck (or Stakka Bo) the guy who directed Chernobyl is going to make a TV-series with HBO based on the video game The Last of Us together with Craig Mazin who also worked on Chernobyl.

Never played the game but it's apparently really good, not sure I'm hyped for another zombie apocalypse show thou.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Johan Renck (or Stakka Bo) the guy who directed Chernobyl is going to make a TV-series with HBO based on the video game The Last of Us together with Craig Mazin who also worked on Chernobyl.

Never played the game but it's apparently really good, not sure I'm hyped for another zombie apocalypse show thou.

The tough part of it will be that the game is probably the most cinematic I've ever played, it's all about the story and the atmosphere, the gameplay is the weakest part, trying to do a straight up story conversion from the game could be asking for trouble because honest I don't think they'll beat it 

• Like 1

Maybe one for The History thread but I am really enjoying A House Through Time. 

Basically they pick on an old house and research all the people who have lived there, digging up their stories. It's well researched, well written and interestley presented by David Olusoga. 

I think this is the third series now and it's the oldest house they have done, a house in Bristol built in 1718.  With no small amount of irony it was built buy a rich sea captain who made his money in the slave trade and the first 2 owners were also sea captains involved in the slave trade.  You couldn't write it....well you could and they did, but you know what I mean. 

I've thoroughly enjoyed each series because I am interested in history anyway, but this is the history of real people and their personal stories. 

Anyway I can thoroughly recommend it and looking for a future series set in Brum. 

• Like 1

I believe I might have been late to the party with Succession, but for me it's up there with The Wire. It's so good.

Another HBO plug—The Righteous Gemstones is great too.

• Like 3

Realised another 6 episodes of "Inside No.9" are on BBCiPlayer, so bashed through them last night.

Also started "The Night Manager" which had escaped me. Great cast and cracking first episode.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Realised another 6 episodes of "Inside No.9" are on BBCiPlayer, so bashed through them last night.

Also started "The Night Manager" which had escaped me. Great cast and cracking first episode.

Although very good i did not think this series of Inside Number 9 hit the heights of previous series

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Although very good i did not think this series of Inside Number 9 hit the heights of previous series

I agree,  I found the "talking heads"-like episode boring until the last few seconds

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

I believe I might have been late to the party with Succession, but for me it's up there with The Wire. It's so good.

Another HBO plug—The Righteous Gemstones is great too.

I think 'The Righteous Gemstones' is one of the funnier things I've seen recently. Yer man always plays basically exactly the same character in everything he does, but he is very good at it.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think 'The Righteous Gemstones' is one of the funnier things I've seen recently. Yer man always plays basically exactly the same character in everything he does, but he is very good at it.

I love Danny McBride. For me, Eastbound and Down has some of the best comedy moments I've ever seen. I barely got an episode into Vice Principals though—I should probably give it more of a chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I love Danny McBride. For me, Eastbound and Down has some of the best comedy moments I've ever seen. I barely got an episode into Vice Principals though—I should probably give it more of a chance.

I need to start watching Eastbound and Down properly. I've seen odd bits and not really understood what was happening, but yeah, he's a very funny guy, even if it's all just 'variations on a theme'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On paper this is made for me. I loved Eastbound and Down and also Workaholics. **** ideal. I watched the first episode and gave up part way through. I might give it another try. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I agree,  I found the "talking heads"-like episode boring until the last few seconds

I've only watched the Magician and Referee episodes from the last series and thought both were fantastic. Not saying I disagree with you as from what I've heard these were far better than most, if not all, of the episodes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

On paper this is made for me. I loved Eastbound and Down and also Workaholics. **** ideal. I watched the first episode and gave up part way through. I might give it another try. 

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely silly, loud and crass, and the makers never miss an opportunity to show a penis or three, so I can definitely imagine people not loving it. I don't think I actually saw the first episode; I'm pretty sure I entered the room when my wife was watching episode 2 and then just never left.

Â