Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've re watched What We Do In the Shadows about 5 times now.

It's absolute gold. As I mentioned before when it was first on, if you have a knowledge of vampire movies down the years (I'm a geek with stuff like that) then some of the attention to detail is superb.

They are all cast brilliantly, I love Colin Robinson as we all are, or know someone like him. The episode with Evy is my favourite 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

They are all cast brilliantly, I love Colin Robinson as we all are, or know someone like him. The episode with Evy is my favourite 

The episode Colin Robinson Gets A Promotion was utter genius! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I was there for that one, don't remember much about it! 

Yes. We were and thats why she is watching it. Very brit pop pretenders heavy. Day after John Major went. Asking people what they think of Tony Blair and no one knowing who he is. Interesting record of the time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yes. We were and thats why she is watching it. Very brit pop pretenders heavy. Day after John Major went. Asking people what they think of Tony Blair and no one knowing who he is. Interesting record of the time. 

I've had to check the line up - now remember Pulp were superb after stepping in for the Stone Roses (who were terrible at Reading 94!) There's a few more I recall but not many!!! 

Question for you all.

I've started The Soprano's, currently watched the first two episodes.

When does it get good?

Am I missing something so far? The reviews are so hyped but it hasn't grabbed me yet.

Do I push through a few more episodes or do I give up on it?

Push through

Can't remember series 1 that well to be honest and I don't remember it being a slow burner, it was an instant hit with me

From memory it doesn't have a strong overpowering central story arc that puts an antagonist right in your face, it's ensemble with Tony getting the lions share, I couldnt tell you what happens series to series but I could tell you the big moments over the duration, it all just kind of merges in to a seamless story 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Question for you all.

I've started The Soprano's, currently watched the first two episodes.

When does it get good?

Am I missing something so far? The reviews are so hyped but it hasn't grabbed me yet.

Do I push through a few more episodes or do I give up on it?

I think I got to part way through the second series before I gave up.  It just didn't grab me either, a bit like with Mad Men where there didn't really seem to be enough going on to hold my interest.

Finished Dark series 2. Blimey it’s a mind bending storyline but well constructed and acted. Despite needing to give it 100% attention it’s easily good enough for me to look forward series 3.

• Like 2

On 19/06/2020 at 23:15, Phil Silvers said:

Blasted through Dark on netflix, German time travel psychological mystery thriller, very well written and acted, absolutely loved it 9/10

I love Dark. Trouble is, we watched S1 and S2 about a year ago. It was hard enough to follow then, but picking up S3 now, and we're totally lost. 

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I love Dark. Trouble is, we watched S1 and S2 about a year ago. It was hard enough to follow then, but picking up S3 now, and we're totally lost. 

The same with Westworld series 3 and American gods series 2, I’ve not got the foggiest

So the first episode of I'll Be Gone In The Dark was a huge let down sadly.

I thought it was going to be about the Golden State killer EAR/ONS but it wasn't.

It was about the love story between Patton Oswald and his late wife Michelle McNamara who was a true crime writer.

I mean the show is based on her book but the EAR/ONS murders is merely a backdrop in this. Patton Oswald seem like a great guy but I don't give a f about how he met his wife or stuff like that.

Hopefully the rest of the episodes are more about the actual crimes. Show badly needs a fan edit where they cut out all the personal crap about the writer.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

So the first episode of I'll Be Gone In The Dark was a huge let down sadly.

I thought it was going to be about the Golden State killer EAR/ONS but it wasn't.

It was about the love story between Patton Oswald and his late wife Michelle McNamara who was a true crime writer.

I mean the show is based on her book but the EAR/ONS murders is merely a backdrop in this. Patton Oswald seem like a great guy but I don't give a f about how he met his wife or stuff like that.

Hopefully the rest of the episodes are more about the actual crimes. Show badly needs a fan edit where they cut out all the personal crap about the writer.

On a similar vein did you watch that Man Hunter series about the first profiling of serial killers by the FBI in the late 70s. If not well worth a watch as some of the interviews with some of the really famous serial killers are brilliant with the backdrop of a developing killer. I know it’s dramatised but well worth a look if you’ve not seen it

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

On a similar vein did you watch that Man Hunter series about the first profiling of serial killers by the FBI in the late 70s. If not well worth a watch as some of the interviews with some of the really famous serial killers are brilliant with the backdrop of a developing killer. I know it’s dramatised but well worth a look if you’ve not seen it

Mindhunter?

Yeah that was great, especially the first season.

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Actually Manhunter is a great movie from around 1986.

Brian Cox plays Hannibal Lecktor in the character's first appearance on screen (I think)

• Like 3

Â