General Chat

Stevo985

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm working from home, but there's no work at the moment. My team leader basically said to do whatever we want until something comes in.

I'd love to go on the playstation or something, but my mother-in-law is here looking after my son.

I can't tell her she can leave if she wants, because some work might come in at any moment. 

I've opted to sit at my laptop and pretend I'm busy.

RichRepulsiveGoldfish-size_restricted.gi

This evening in the Paddywhack household -

PW’s Mother in law - “Oh hi dear, does Paddy always get enthusiastic when work hires new people?”

PW’s wife - “Erm I don’t know, why?”

PW’s Mother in law - “Well this morning, out of the blue, he suddenly jumped up out of his chair and ran around the house shouting “Barkley’s confirmed!!! We’ve got Ross Barkley!!!’”.

• Haha 1

Saw my 23 year old cousin Saturday, she was off to get some, never played conkers before, madness

They do a thing here at the haribo factory, exchange for sweets, so dry clean conkers for haribo, kilo for kilo, cancelled it this year though cos of the rona, keeps the streets clean (ish) from them 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2020 at 18:05, wazzap24 said:

Conkers. On the ground in the park. Untouched. 

Split a big one open and it was a guaranteed sixer. 

It blows my tiny, child of the 80’s mind. 

We have a massive conker tree in our back garden and every year I fill a bucket full with them to stop them sprouting next spring. Offered them to my 8 Yr old nephew one year and he had no idea or interest. A part of me died when his dad explained that they were banned at schools and even if they weren't kids wouldn't care. If I offered him a computer game about Conkers though... 

On 03/10/2020 at 09:00, Rds1983 said:

We have a massive conker tree in our back garden and every year I fill a bucket full with them to stop them sprouting next spring. Offered them to my 8 Yr old nephew one year and he had no idea or interest. A part of me died when his dad explained that they were banned at schools and even if they weren't kids wouldn't care. If I offered him a computer game about Conkers though... 

I do understand the power of nostalgia, but - it's kind of a shit game, isn't it? I mean, objectively, it's not hard to see why kids would prefer to play each other at computer games, rather than laboriously putting bits of string through a nut and then swinging them together for a bit.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2020 at 22:04, Xann said:

350839200_Screenshot2020-09-26at22_00_43.jpg.6f111c55338056c63e5afccf82a40827.jpg419659390_Screenshot2020-09-26at21_57_09.jpg.bb2b787a03a51e341ad93396337f2244.jpg

Limahl's had his eyes reduced :)

It seems corrective laser surgery destroyed his vision.

When 1980s pop supremo Limahl noticed his near vision deteriorating, he didn’t think twice about booking himself in for corrective laser treatment.

But it’s a decision he now bitterly regrets – because the surgery not only almost destroyed his vision, it has permanently damaged his eyes.

A decade on, the former Kajagoogoo frontman suffers from such chronically dry eyes that he needs to apply eyedrops countless times a day, dreads flying and must avoid air conditioning and central heating.

“It might sound like a minor problem, but it can be very limiting and uncomfortable,” says Limahl, 61, who recently started acting as well as singing, having found international fame 40 years ago with chart-topping hits such as Too Shy and The Never Ending Story.

• Sad 1

Â