General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Genie said:

That was my thought, do the French say it feefa? Or another way? 

The letter "i" is pronounced "ee" in French, so they would say Fifa as "feefah"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The letter "i" is pronounced "ee" in French, so they would say Fifa as "feefah"

The epitome of all that is wrong with Europe, the snail eating, bicycle riding, stripey toppers , onion wearing, folded In 10 days , Jack Cousteau bath salts using woke liberalists 

On 29/08/2020 at 12:57, mjmooney said:

Clearing out the garage and found six bottles of homebrew cider from several years ago. No idea whether it's going to be drinkable. Will try a bottle later. 

UPDATE: Too sour, down the sink it goes. 

Amazing. Just like the day it was brewed then! 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Amazing. Just like the day it was brewed then! 

Quite true, unfortunately. It's a very hit and miss process. The first batch I made was really nice. This lot, I followed exactly the same process, and it came out like highly alcoholic vinegar. 

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

My dad lost his battle with cancer, pneumonia and sepsis yesterday, aged 66.

5 weeks ago he was weak, but able enough to go caravanning with my mom, walking round parks and lakes (with regular rests). His temperature then started spiking and they admitted him to hospital to figure out what was wrong. Since then he had a rapid decline (which I believe was partly down to the depression of not being allowed any visitors), and last Thursday at 11pm I got a call that we were to go to see him because it wasn’t looking good.

Since last Thursday, me, my mom, my 2 sisters and dad’s sister have been by his side. He fought on longer than any of the nurses thought he would, but finally let go at 3am yesterday morning.

I’m not one for posting ‘RIP’ stuff all over the Internet like some like to do, but figured I would here, as a few VTers might remember that I posted in March/April that he’d amazingly beaten Covid despite his other battles.

Sad to hear your news Rob - hope you and the family are OK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

5 weeks ago he was weak, but able enough to go caravanning with my mom, walking round parks and lakes (with regular rests). His temperature then started spiking and they admitted him to hospital to figure out what was wrong. Since then he had a rapid decline (which I believe was partly down to the depression of not being allowed any visitors), and last Thursday at 11pm I got a call that we were to go to see him because it wasn’t looking good.

Since last Thursday, me, my mom, my 2 sisters and dad’s sister have been by his side. He fought on longer than any of the nurses thought he would, but finally let go at 3am yesterday morning.

I’m not one for posting ‘RIP’ stuff all over the Internet like some like to do, but figured I would here, as a few VTers might remember that I posted in March/April that he’d amazingly beaten Covid despite his other battles.

Sorry to hear it Rob.

Sounds like he was a fighter!

Hope you and your family are ok. We're always here for you. Lost my dad a few years back at a similar age with a similarly quick decline so I now how shit it feels right now. If you need a chat or advice about anything let me know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

So sorry to hear, my deepest condolences

• Thanks 1

Dreadful news, @Rob182. My old mum had a scare earlier in the year and it really made me realise how important she was to the family. I can't begin to imagine how horrible this news must be for you and yours. Deepest condolences. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

66. Bloody hell, that's my age.  :(

The stupid thing was that he was otherwise really healthy (for a recently retired builder that enjoyed his food!)

Literally 3 months ago he built a summerhouse in his and my moms garden, and then went on to change the porch from wood to PVC amongst numerous other little jobs around the house, all inbetween chemo sessions.

My advice to everyone is keep an eye and ear out for any ailments you or your family have that could be something worse. Last June my dad had difficulty swallowing food and the idiot doctor said it’s just an infection. Two months later he had stage 4 oesophageal cancer confirmed. If only one of us had suggested it could be something worse, it could have all turned out different.

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he was a real fighter👍

• Like 1

Â