General Chat

Stevo985

Apparently the arch bishop is to burn the altar. :D 

The Archbishop of New Orleans is outraged that a priest allegedly had sex inside a church, so he's doing an exorcism of sorts by having the altar removed and burned!!!

Archbishop Gregory Aymond called the act "demonic." As for how it went down .

As for burning the altar ... the Archbishop said it was the only way to restore the sanctity of the church, adding, "I am infuriated by his [the priest's] actions. When the details became clear, we had the altar removed and burned. I will consecrate a new alter tomorrow."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/10/bishop-burns-altar-priest-has-sex-in-church/

• Haha 1

On 09/10/2020 at 11:33, HanoiVillan said:

I do understand the power of nostalgia, but - it's kind of a shit game, isn't it? I mean, objectively, it's not hard to see why kids would prefer to play each other at computer games, rather than laboriously putting bits of string through a nut and then swinging them together for a bit.

After soaking them in vinegar for days and drying them out. I use a similar line at Christmas every year saying that all i used to get was a spinning top and an apple and an orange, It’s a pack of lies anyway and they don’t give a **** regardless 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Do you ever learn something and feel very stupid for not knowing it before?

If you'd have asked me to guess Noam Chomsky's date of birth, I'd have guessed he was born about 1875 and died sometime around the mid 1900s.

I had no idea he was born in 1928 and was still alive. I thought he was an historic, Russian philosopher.

stupid homer simpson GIF

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

If you'd have asked me to guess Noam Chomsky's date of birth, I'd have guessed he was born about 1875 and died sometime around the mid 1900s.

I had no idea he was born in 1928 and was still alive. I thought he was an historic, Russian philosopher.

stupid homer simpson GIF

Yeah that happens a fair bit but ultimately I always feel better for knowing whatever I’ve just discovered.

I think it’s not unreasonable for you to think that. Chomsky is one of those who I think people (broadly speaking) know his name, but generally know nothing beyond that. I think someone like Gore Vidal would be another example.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

stupid homer simpson GIF

If you'd asked me Noam Chomsky's date of birth I'd have said "who is Noam Chomsky?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Probably mixed him up with Leon Trotsky?! He was born in 1879 and died in 1940

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If you'd asked me Noam Chomsky's date of birth I'd have said "who is Noam Chomsky?"

Is he fella that did DEF11 and Dance Energy back in the day, Think he had a fling with Janet Street-Porter as well

• Like 1

Â