General Chat

Stevo985

I was just getting some fuel and noticed Orange twirl by the till so decided to grab one each for me and the wife.

Surprised at the new total I said to the bloke how much are they? £1.69 each cos they are limited edition he replied. 

Robbing bastard. 

Edited by Genie

32 minutes ago, blandy said:

When I was in the RAF, first deployment I went on was to Gibraltar. As it was my first flight in a Nimrod I asked if I could do the same. Coming in to land at Gib, well the runway extends out into the sea, so all you can see from the window as you touch down is water. I cacked myself. Didn't enjoy that at all, it felt like we were running out of runway.

Here's the actual aircraft - XV235 and a view of the runway from the top of the Rock

Ah, I’ve pretty much run out of aircraft anecdotes now. Other than when I was flying home from Belfast last year, I had the wrong name on my ticket and they couldn’t find me on the computer, but they let me fly anyway as I was holding up the queue.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah, I’ve pretty much run out of aircraft anecdotes now. Other than when I was flying home from Belfast last year, I had the wrong name on my ticket and they couldn’t find me on the computer, but they let me fly anyway as I was holding up the queue.

Take note, ISIS!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Take note, ISIS!

I was genuinely surprised I could get on a plane under a different name to my passport i.d..

When I was on there, someone came on board had a word with the cabin crew who pointed me out. I thought they were going to hook me back off the plane, but they just asked me my name, wrote it in pen on a sheet of paper on a clipboard and off we went.

The guys in the seats behind me all going ‘oooooooooooooooooooo’ and waving their hands helped provide an element of tension and suspense.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was genuinely surprised I could get on a plane under a different name to my passport i.d..

When I was on there, someone came on board had a word with the cabin crew who pointed me out. I thought they were going to hook me back off the plane, but they just asked me my name, wrote it in pen on a sheet of paper on a clipboard and off we went.

The guys in the seats behind me all going ‘oooooooooooooooooooo’ and waving their hands helped provide an element of tension and suspense.

I was unfortunate enough to fly Ryanair last year, and while sat in the front row realised we were taking over without them knowing how many people were actually on the plane. They thought there were one too many passengers, and didn't know who the extra person was. 4 of them went up the plane counting, including the pilot, and all came back with different numbers. We took off because there "just isn't time for this". 😐 

On the same flight one of the cabin crew at the front was having a moan about someone on the plane (my partner) having an extreme peanut allergy and not being able to serve anything with nuts, but said he might just have his Snickers anyway because nobody will notice. "Yeah, hi. It's us. We're right here. Listening to you. Here's the epipen.". 

**** didn't even reply to our complaint, I'm never flying with those pricks again, 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

About 10 years ago I went on a business trip to Germany and back with a stanley knife in my hand luggage. 
I didn’t realise until I got back and was unpacking my bag.

It was quite worrying it didn’t get detected at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

About 10 years ago I went on a business trip to Germany and back with a stanley knife in my hand luggage. 
I didn’t realise until I got back and was unpacking my bag.

It was quite worrying it didn’t get detected at all.

Worrying, but not unusual. It's all security theatre. Airport security is not just a huge waste of money, it's a massive waste of everyone's time.

Edited by Davkaus

I went on a stag do to Portugal from east midlands, security didn't pick up on the 3 bottles of tomato sauce that had been put in the stags bag during the spoons breakfast

they did go nuts over the lad who had a bottle of spice bomb manspray in his bag though, brilliantly enough its the lad in our group that we call irish or trigger, he's arguing with security for a good 15 minutes because the bottle cost him £70 or something daft and they wont let him take it on the plane

See the source image

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 2

Opening of judgment linked:

The Hon Mr Justice Turner :

INTRODUCTION

Cheryl Pile brings this appeal to establish the liberty of inebriated English subjects to be allowed to lie undisturbed overnight in their own vomit soaked clothing. Of course, such a right, although perhaps of dubious practical utility, will generally extend to all adults of sound mind who are intoxicated at home. Ms Pile, however, was not at home. She was at a police station in Liverpool having been arrested for the offence of being drunk and disorderly. She had emptied the contents of her stomach all over herself and was too insensible with drink to have much idea of either where she was or what she was doing there. Rather than leave the vulnerable claimant to marinade overnight in her own bodily fluids, four female police officers removed her outer clothing and provided her with a clean dry outfit to wear. The claimant was so drunk that she later had no recollection of these events.

It is against this colourful background that she brought a claim against the police in trespass to the person and assault alleging that they should have left her squalidly and unhygienically soaking in vomit. Fortunately, because this appeal will be dismissed, the challenge of assessing damages for this lost opportunity will remain unmet.

...more

:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

Opening of judgment linked:

As someone who regularly recieves paperwork bearing the signature of The Hon Mr Justice Turner this has amused me greatly

There's a new judge in town too, she's rather getting the backs of the local force up by actually holding hearings for Data Requests and modifying such requests as she see's fit. I suspect the way its going that at some point our paths will cross

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I was just getting some fuel and noticed Orange twirl by the till so decided to grab one each for me and the wife.

Surprised at the new total I said to the bloke how much are they? £1.69 each cos they are limited edition he replied. 

Robbing bastard. 

79p at my local Spar.

A pensioner turning on his old television each morning left 400 villagers with poor broadband for 18 months.

Openreach engineers made repeated visits to the rural Welsh village of Aberhosan due to ongoing connectivity issues and slow speeds from 7am every day.

Tests showed the network was working fine and the engineers even replaced large sections of cable that served the village.

But the early morning wipeout kept happening.

The root of the problem was only found when investigators traced a burst of electrical interference to a property in the village.

The ‘mortified’ householder confirmed they switched on their old television at that time every day, sending the village’s broadband haywire.

Metro

• Haha 1

On 18/09/2020 at 13:23, Davkaus said:

I was unfortunate enough to fly Ryanair last year, and while sat in the front row realised we were taking over without them knowing how many people were actually on the plane. They thought there were one too many passengers, and didn't know who the extra person was. 4 of them went up the plane counting, including the pilot, and all came back with different numbers. We took off because there "just isn't time for this". 😐 

On the same flight one of the cabin crew at the front was having a moan about someone on the plane (my partner) having an extreme peanut allergy and not being able to serve anything with nuts, but said he might just have his Snickers anyway because nobody will notice. "Yeah, hi. It's us. We're right here. Listening to you. Here's the epipen.". 

**** didn't even reply to our complaint, I'm never flying with those pricks again, 

That is genuinely horrifying. What absolute **** scum. Such a horrid company.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is genuinely horrifying. What absolute **** scum. Such a horrid company.

Yeah, I knew they were crap, but we flew with them quite regularly on short haul flights, a bit of discomfort and a crap flight was more than made up for by putting the savings towards a nicer hotel, or an extra excursion or two. I pay the extra out of principle now though.

Â