General Chat

Stevo985

Yeah doesn't seem that surprising given that he's quite camp.

But surprising that he's been married with kids for so long.

Dread to think what he's had to struggle with internally for that length of time.

Good for him and good to hear his family are supporting him.

32 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Not really, but I've just read a tweet regarding this which has changed my mindset a little.

Without quoting the whole tweet, "Many guys struggle with this for years before self-acceptance kicks in and your smart-arsed "WELL DUH" replies are crass and unwelcome".

Edit: sorry, this wasn’t me having a go by the way @theboyangel, I just thought it was interesting.

No offence taken @Paddywhack and my post wasn’t meant to be offensive or crass (should’ve expanded but quickly typed out a message whilst working)

I’ll be honest I didn’t realise he was married and half assumed he was gay without giving it any further thought. 

Good he’s getting good support from family and friends 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

After 27 years of marriage Philip Schofield comes out as gay is being reported, is this some internet hoax?

Someone at work mentioned this earlier  .. I didn't know it was secret he was gay , its something I'd known for years  , can't recall where from but it I'm fairly sure it was Popbitch that cryptically outed  him donkeys years ago  

but he's another one like George Michael in that when they came out you say Well now you mention it its bloody obvious

Edit - reading the rest of the thread now , seems its kinda already been said 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

I don’t want to be that guy but I do hope the timing of this announcement isn’t in any way connected to the bullying accusations that have allegedly been made against him. I’d hate to think that someone was using something as important as coming out as a smokescreen. 

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

I don’t want to be that guy but I do hope the timing of this announcement isn’t in any way connected to the bullying accusations that have allegedly been made against him. I’d hate to think that someone was using something as important as coming out as a smokescreen. 

It could be. I assumed that it was because he's about to be outed in the tabloids, but maybe I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Would he not have lived the last 27 years as being bisexual but not cheating on his wife? 

Does it have to be simplified as he was living a lie?

I think someone else has said but sometimes it is just denial and he didn't realise. I don't get that but then I am not in that situation.

Personally I couldn't care less whether the guy is straight, gay, bi or a tree. I think as long as his wife and children are ok and he is happy then it shouldn't matter one iota 

I don't think he's camp at all.  He's attentive, listens and seems like a likeable guy (on his show), does that make him camp?  Must have missed that meeting.  I like that he's not all bravado. 

I didn't know, I don't care now that I know.  I hope his wife and kids are OK with it though, it'll "hurt" them most I'd suspect.  

He might not have even known himself until a few years ago.  I don't think deciding what you find attractive is as binary as choosing when you're young and that's it.  Stuff changes.

The only thing I find slightly strange is.. at 57 years old, it's a bit weird (to me) that he's still thinking sexually.  Not suggesting sex stops at any particular age, but as you get older you'd think the urges would lessen to a degree.  Especially such a huge change as "swapping" sexes.  I bet he can't wait to get stuck in :lol:  Fair play. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't think he's camp at all.  He's attentive, listens and seems like a likeable guy (on his show), does that make him camp?  Must have missed that meeting.  I like that he's not all bravado. 

I didn't know, I don't care now that I know.  I hope his wife and kids are OK with it though, it'll "hurt" them most I'd suspect.  

He might not have even known himself until a few years ago.  I don't think deciding what you find attractive is as binary as choosing when you're young and that's it.  Stuff changes.

The only thing I find slightly strange is.. at 57 years old, it's a bit weird (to me) that he's still thinking sexually.  Not suggesting sex stops at any particular age, but as you get older you'd think the urges would lessen to a degree.  Especially such a huge change as "swapping" sexes.  I bet he can't wait to get stuck in :lol:  Fair play. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Nothing about him being attentive, listening or likeable makes him camp.

I just think a lot of his mannerism are camp.

It's not a criticism.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not all camp men are gay. Not all gay men are camp. 

Absolutely.

But a lot of camp men are gay and vice versa, which makes it slightly less surprising when something like this happens.

David Walliams coming out would be less surprising than, say, Nigel Pearson coming out.

But as Lapal says, neither should really be newsworthy. It shouldn't matter.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He never seemed that gay to me.  I half thought he was banging Holly Willoughby on the side but good luck to him.  It must be proper confusing for his wife.

it's a good way of distracting from the banging of Holly tbf.

Â