General Chat

Stevo985

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah 1% caring about Brexit is a lie.

Not really. If all the main parties have a similar approach to Brexit, then it's not going to be a consideration in who to vote for, is it?

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not really. If all the main parties have a similar approach to Brexit, then it's not going to be a consideration in who to vote for, is it?

I was using some very subtly planted brexit sarcasm.

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

...some very subtly planted brexit sarcasm.

Sarcasm, on Villatalk? Why do you introduce this new fangled concept to this hitherto unblemished interweb? How will we ever recover?

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Did we have a thread for bullshits we've heard? I think there was one at one point.

Woman at work claims her great-grandma died aged 126 and she had two siblings that both died in their 120s too.

That would literally make them the oldest (verified) people of all time :D 

(well there was one woman who was 122, so she might pip one or two of them depending what part of their 120s they were in)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Did we have a thread for bullshits we've heard? I think there was one at one point.

Woman at work claims her great-grandma died aged 126 and she had two siblings that both died in their 120s too.

Try and remember back, specifically.

Could she have meant Fahrenheit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Useless claim to potential fame here but I currently have an unverified relative who; if the reports were true; would be the oldest ever, and it was even mentioned on RTÉ's "The Late Late Show" donkeys years ago.  If I could be bothered, I'd go down to the parish and do the research myself, but I'm too lazy (and their more direct relatives should've done it anyway by now).

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Another world record for Armand Mondo Duplantis in the pole vault. 6,18 this time

Kid is amazing

With quite a margin as well, sky is the limit, literally.

image.png.1313a1a7e2ba31e89d485672d88c0bba.png

image.png.3c9a99247bfc8b5c37cd8767c3928e19.png

• Like 2

On 13/02/2020 at 16:08, tonyh29 said:

Tesco have tapped into the VT  market  I see 

Most pointless card ever?

If you don't do it, you don't do it. Doing it but pretending not to do it is pointless. You might as well buy a card laced with romantic bollocks and do the whole forced romanticism thing as buy that card

Essentially its a card for cheapskates not non-believers

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Most pointless card ever?

If you don't do it, you don't do it. Doing it but pretending not to do it is pointless. You might as well buy a card laced with romantic bollocks and do the whole forced romanticism thing as buy that card

Essentially its a card for cheapskates not non-believers

Agree with all of this, except that it's for 'cheapskates', since it seems to cost as much as all their other cards. But yeah, why buy a card like that really.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agree with all of this, except that it's for 'cheapskates', since it seems to cost as much as all their other cards. But yeah, why buy a card like that really.

Its kinda absolving the sender from the obligatory chocolates / perfume / flowers / didlo gift

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its kinda absolving the sender from the obligatory chocolates / perfume / flowers / didlo gift

Oh, come on. It's a jokey card. I expect it could be combined with a surprise gift, meal, or whatever. 

We went out for a nice pub lunch. Not because it was Valentine's day, just because we felt like it. No greetings cards involved. 

• Like 3

Â