General Chat

Stevo985

11 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I thought that schofield was gay any way, I dunno why, I just always thought he was, couldn't give a shit one way or the other.

If MickJagger Or Tom Jones or Rod Stewart come out as gay then yeah it'd be a shock, schofield...I honestly couldn't give a ****, which I suppose is the correct reaction

Jagger's bisexual, pretty widely documented. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Jagger's bisexual, pretty widely documented. 

To imagine you can look at anyone and their previous media reported exploits and ‘know’ their inner self, is a bit weird.

I think there’s still a bit of thinking that there are only a small number of defined sexualities and once you pick your one shelf that’s you done. It’s clearly more of a sliding scale moveable target for some.

For me, up until now, I have been wonderfully comfortably vanilla in the nicest possible way. I count myself as lucky that one partner suits me and my normal fits in with societies norms. It’s a convenient way to go through life.

From personal experience I’ve witnessed the pointless weirdness other people can encounter for not being in the main standard pigeonhole. 3 of us booked 2 rooms in a hotel in York. When we arrived, a male and two females for some reason they presumed we were m/f couple in double room, single female in single room. Mine was the single room, but the bother it caused, it was like it was the first time the hotel had ever encountered a gay couple. To say we were made to feel unwelcome was an understatement. It was supposed to be 3 nights, we stayed for 1 and moved.

Similarly, there’s a trans gender person comes to the football. I’m one of the few people that will talk to them because clearly a lot of others at the football seam to think that either its contagious or they could get bummed. This weird presumption from ugly smelly average blokes at the footy that gays and trans folk might find them sexually irresistible. It’s quite funny really.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

Massive internet outage nationwide in USA right now. Iranian revenge?

Should have used Huawei. The American and Israeli back-doors cause all kinds of problems.

VillaTalk is hosted in the US and as far as I can tell didn't suffer an outage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

Massive internet outage nationwide in USA right now. Iranian revenge?

Did the Russians cut the Transatlantic communications cable with one of their submarines :D 

23 minutes ago, Awol said:

Right, the exit poll from RTE has FF, FG & SF tied on 22% each. Can any of our Irish VT’ers explain how this shakes out now?

Sinn Fein have hugely overperformed nut didn't run enough candidates (42), I'd expect around 25-30 seats Fianna Fail and Fine Gael have both ran 84 and 82 respectively but will both probably be in the 40s seat wise with FF likely to finish ahead. The other left wing parties will do well on the large surpluses from SF so some better representation there. Numerous options for government but I'd say it might be either a grand coalition with FF/FG (unprecedented in what was historically a 2 1/2 party system with Labour dying a death) or another confidence and supply agreement with the support of some independents and greens. If there is another election later in the year SF will improve again and run more candidates.

There will be some mararthon counts tomorrow and Monday before the picture becomes fully clear but it will be enjoyable for political nerds.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Thanks. So in a FF/FG coalition scenario does Varadkar likely keep his job? 

Unlikely, unless FG finish ahead of FF in seats which probably won't happen as there should be a slight swing. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/irish-politics/irish-general-election/government-after-next-election-must-have-at-least-1-minister-to-be-considered-part-of-government

The odds give some representation of the possible outcome

• Like 1

I just sold all my CD's for $80. Pathetic. But about all I could realistically get for about 200 banged up discs with cases that are falling apart. At least the buyer liked my taste in music. Time marches on.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

?width=599&version=4998902

Noteworthy 

Yeah 1% caring about Brexit is a lie.

We’re very very important to Ireland and they need to put pressure on the rest of Europe to make sure we get a good deal so they get a good deal.

We’re calling the shots here.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah 1% caring about Brexit is a lie.

We’re very very important to Ireland and they need to put pressure on the rest of Europe to make sure we get a good deal so they get a good deal.

We’re calling the shots here.

All the far right keyboard warriors bleating on about the immigrants must feel underrepresented also.

Â