General Chat

Stevo985

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, come on. It's a jokey card. I expect it could be combined with a surprise gift, meal, or whatever. 

We went out for a nice pub lunch. Not because it was Valentine's day, just because we felt like it. No greetings cards involved. 

We went for a meal as it was Friday. Valentine's Day doesn't really mean much to us as it's our anniversary on the 17th. 

• Like 1

We basically skipped it. No cards, she bought me a single bottle of lager, I bought her a bottle of cider.

Half term next week and the youngest is going away to stay with the eldest.

So we’ll go and do the whole romantical meal date night thing next week.

We’ve both agreed in our family attempt to save money and save the world that cards are no longer a thing.

On 15/02/2020 at 17:40, bickster said:

Most pointless card ever?

If you don't do it, you don't do it. Doing it but pretending not to do it is pointless. You might as well buy a card laced with romantic bollocks and do the whole forced romanticism thing as buy that card

Essentially its a card for cheapskates not non-believers

See the thing is, some people outside of VillaTalk have this thing called a sense of humour...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Trevor Noah is just not very funny.

Which brings me nearly to a question that has perplexed me for some time. I watch a lot of Kimmel, some Conan, I am led to believe that these shows, John Oliver, Noah, Cordan etc are on in the US after 11pm. Who watches these shows live? 

For clarity it's the lateness of these shows I don't get. 

Edited by Seat68

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Graham Norton is the best imo not necessarily for him but because of the way he puts all the guests out together and let's them loose and in the main they all look like they're having fun 

Not sure why more haven't copied it

I agree. He's very good at what he does. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Graham Norton is the best imo not necessarily for him but because of the way he puts all the guests out together and let's them loose and in the main they all look like they're having fun 

Not sure why more haven't copied it

Yeah I’m a fan of his , he has a quick wit and his researchers do their homework  , in the main I have zero interest in his guests but he piles them with Jesus juice and kinda makes them likeable ..

Edited by tonyh29

Me and the missus have been together about 25 years, in that time I must have mentioned Mick Head (Pale Fountains, Shack, Red Elastic Band et al) a thousand times. Used to play football with him, worked his gigs, Used to call him one toilet because his brother John was Two Toilets, been to gigs, bumped into him in the street oh you name it.

My missus tonight manages to work out that she was in the same class as him in Comprehensive School. Someone posted on FB that he'd written a song about their form teacher (Queen of All Saints - on his last album)

Twenty five bloody years and she's met him quite a few times in that quarter of a century, yet she never recognised him... not even once though, do I know you?

Unbelievable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â