General Chat

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Whilst we're on tea.  Earl Grey, who drinks that shite?  Tastes like washing up liquid.

I do. 

Wanna fight me about it ? 

6e628683c91aac10ba6ff24505870615.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a second there, a brief, fleeting second, where I actually felt a bit sorry for her. I found myself thinking "she's a word removed but is this humiliating her a bit too much?"

Then I hear her acceptance speech. She can **** off. The vile disgusting shit

I knew she was a bad person but her speech, in front of people she'd only just met, stunned me. 

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a second there, a brief, fleeting second, where I actually felt a bit sorry for her. I found myself thinking "she's a word removed but is this humiliating her a bit too much?"

Then I hear her acceptance speech. She can **** off. The vile disgusting shit

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

She craves celebrity, and acceptance, and money, and this is the only way she can get it.  She's unattractive, unintelligent and she's not funny - as evidenced by her dreadful attempt at mocking Arabic names.

that has always led me to believe that she doesn't genuinely believe half of the guff she spouts, she's doing it for effect, researching what's popular and going against the grain knowing that she'll pick up some of the dregs of society along the way, same as what piers morgan does, knowing that the easy to be outraged make a lot of noise resulting in a lot of traffic resulting in fame and fortune

but no that speech does suggest that she is right down there with the dregs

On 30/01/2020 at 08:23, Wainy316 said:

Whilst we're on tea.  Earl Grey, who drinks that shite?  Tastes like washing up liquid.

I do. Have done for 30 years. Can't drink any other tea. I love it.

• Like 1

So, 2035 is the year no petrol, diesel or hybrid cars will be sold from new. Or earlier if Boris is to be believed (probably not then!)

Achievable? 

The biggest hurdle will be the infrastructure. Circa 33 million cars on the UK roads at present and increasing. How many million charging points will we need? How about people who don't have driveways to instal a home charger? May live in a flat or in a terraced house with road parking or simply a rented property and not have permission to install a home charger. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

So, 2035 is the year no petrol, diesel or hybrid cars will be sold from new. Or earlier if Boris is to be believed (probably not then!)

Achievable? 

The biggest hurdle will be the infrastructure. Circa 33 million cars on the UK roads at present and increasing. How many million charging points will we need? How about people who don't have driveways to instal a home charger? May live in a flat or in a terraced house with road parking or simply a rented property and not have permission to install a home charger. 

501bc3d2cb001e4dd34981af20371f4b.jpg

I live in a small apartment complex (block of flats) down in that there London. Our managing agent (bunch of thieves) have been in touch today to see if we want charging points installed in our car park. £6,000 each. :bang:

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

Achievable? 

I imagine if you told someone 100 years ago we'd have the kind of infrastructure required to supply petrol and diesel to millions and millions of cars they'd have laughed in your face. 

I think it can (and should) happen

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I imagine if you told someone 100 years ago we'd have the kind of infrastructure required to supply petrol and diesel to millions and millions of cars they'd have laughed in your face. 

I remember when I first learned about the planned technology for the use of mobile phones. Tens of thousands of masts would have to be built all over the country? Get out of here. I actually laughed out loud. Will never happen, I said with absolute confidence. 

This is one reason I never bet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm all for EVs, the sort of low mileage and short distances I travel, I'm a perfect candidate for one. 

Petrol and diesel cars take a couple of mins to fills up at a station. I'm just wondering how advanced battery technology can get in terms of fast charging. At the moment its hours not minutes to charge an EV. If that can change then its possible I guess. 

Â